Page 162 of 207 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ekegley View Post
    I keep getting this error. Any ideas?
    Is this a Pre3? How are you trying to install it? It looks like it was partially installed or removed before???
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I have tried to install it both by Preware and WOSQI.
    Last edited by ekegley; 10/12/2011 at 06:53 AM.
    And yes it is for a Pre3.
    Try the procedure on the first post of the preference guide.
    Is that in this thread or another thread?
    It's one of the links in my signature.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Thanks BTW, i found the page and followed the direction explictly but am still getting the three errors listed above. I do not have any patches installed now and it still returns an error. I made a new screen shot of the error making sure I used the version that was compatible for the Pre 3 (using WOSQI).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks BTW, i found the page and followed the direction explictly but am still getting the three errors listed above. I do not have any patches installed now and it still returns an error. I made a new screen shot of the error making sure I used the version that was compatible for the Pre 3 (using WOSQI).
    What version of webos is running on your Pre3? Did you have a previous version of UC installed?

I think you may have to replace those 2 files with the original files. You can check to see if the originals are there using Internalz Pro.

Easy method:
    You go to the 2 directories listed in the error, and check for files ending in "webosinternals.orig". You remove that ending, by tapping on the file choosing "info" and backspacing the ending off. Back swipe out and confirm you want to overwrite the file.

Slightly more complicated method:
    Obtain the doctor and use 7zip to extract those files from the doctor. Just keep drilling into the largest file until you see the root directory structure. Then copy the files to your usb partition. Use Internalz Pro to move to the right directory.

Easy, but less satisfying method: use the doctor to repair those files.

I tried to open file in Internalz and could not take the ending off of it. I will try to find the webosdoctor files.
    Last edited by ekegley; 10/12/2011 at 09:55 PM.
    I guess i will have to take my phone to the doctor. i can't rename the files with INternalz and can't seem to find the in the doctor.
    I guess i will have to take my phone to the doctor. i can't rename the files with INternalz and can't seem to find the in the doctor.
    Instead of trying to rename them, maybe if you copy them & give the copies the correct name it might work better? Also, I'm not sure which directories you're having problems with, but do you have Master Mode enabled in. The preferences of Internalz?
    I tried to open file in Internalz and could not take the ending off of it. I will try to find the webosdoctor files.
    Do what govotsos recommended, turn on master mode in Internalz Pro.

I made a visit to the doctor and my problems are solved. I feel like an ***** that I didn't know I had to turn on master mode. I could have solved my problem more easily following your instructions. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    A feature request ( if you have already discussed it, oops ! , searched for "interval" and "duration" but couldn't find anything related ) : Will it be possible to have a appointment duration selection ? i.e., I set the start time to say 6:30am, and then set the appointment duration to 45 mins , then the end time will be automatically set as 7:15am.

Another request: By default, if I change the date of an appointment from , say Monday to Wednesday, and then back swipe to save, the day view that pops up is of Monday. I think it makes sense for the Wednesday view to pop up on back swipe. Will it be possible to include this in Ubercalendar?

Thanks again for a wonderful patch !
    Last edited by veerar; 10/13/2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added second req
    I made a visit to the doctor and my problems are solved. I feel like an ***** that I didn't know I had to turn on master mode. I could have solved my problem more easily following your instructions. Thanks again.
    Well, everyone should go to the doctor once in a while.

Glad you got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    A feature request ( if you have already discussed it, oops ! , searched for "interval" and "duration" but couldn't find anything related ) : Will it be possible to have a appointment duration selection ? i.e., I set the start time to say 6:30am, and then set the appointment duration to 45 mins , then the end time will be automatically set as 7:15am.

Another request: By default, if I change the date of an appointment from , say Monday to Wednesday, and then back swipe to save, the day view that pops up is of Monday. I think it makes sense for the Wednesday view to pop up on back swipe. Will it be possible to include this in Ubercalendar?

Thanks again for a wonderful patch !
    Your welcome. Do you mean phones or TP?

I'm running out of space to put things on the phones.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Your welcome. Do you mean phones or TP?

I'm running out of space to put things on the phones.
    I meant for the phone . What is the space constraint for the phone ? Is there a maximum size for the patch file ?
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    I meant for the phone . What is the space constraint for the phone ? Is there a maximum size for the patch file ?
    No patch file size limits, not as far as I know?? I hope not, UC already doubles the amount of code in the app. It's not comments either because I'm the worst at documenting code.

I mean where to put the duration selector?? It would have to go on the datetime scene. On the Pre3, there's plenty of space. But other phones I'd have to create another row or something. I'm more than happy to add it, just need some help in the UI part. Where do you want the button?

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I mean where to put the duration selector?? It would have to go on the datetime scene. On the Pre3, there's plenty of space. But other phones I'd have to create another row or something. I'm more than happy to add it, just need some help in the UI part. Where do you want the button?

Yes, it makes sense for it to go in the date/time scene . Some suggestions on the UI (feel free to modify or ignore) :

1- Add another row after End (but before the statement "The event is 1 hour long") called "appointment length" that gives a hour and minute selector . This should then change the End time appropriately (this update to the End time can happen after selection or even after back swipe to save changes) ; I think the start time should not change based on this selection .
    2- Make the length in the statement (after the End row) "The event is 1 hour long" as a hour minute selector . So the user will click on the default reading of 1 hour and 00 minutes and then change it to whatever he/she wants . Again , after the selection the End time has to change to reflect the selection ; the start time should not change based on this selection .
    3 - (If I can think of something else ...)

Also , I am not sure of how this will change the scene size . I assume things are already unwieldy for the Veer .

BTW, about my other request: "By default, if I change the date of an appointment from , say Monday to Wednesday, and then back swipe to save, the day view that pops up is of Monday. I think it makes sense for the Wednesday view to pop up on back swipe. Will it be possible to include this in Ubercalendar?" Is this possible ?