Page 16 of 207 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koshki009 View Post
    Hi, I'm a new Pre owner and have been having withdrawal weaning myself from DateBk6...I have been a user of that program since it started as "Week View" on my Palm IIIxe many, many years ago. I've tried running it in Classic, but even though it's "approved" it just does not work well.

I just downloaded your program and already it looks great. It's the first homebrew application I've installed!

My apologies if this question has already been asked (I just can't find time to read all 15 pages of this thread!): Is there a way to compress the day view so that only items on the calendar are listed, thereby eliminating the need to scroll through the day to see all appointments? If not, is it possible for you to create that option? Also, I'm not used to the 24-hour clock. Will you have the option to use am/pm instead?

Great app, I really appreciate your creating this. I will very happily buy this!

Thanks,
    Katherine

Katherine make sure you install the agenda app from preware and that should solve your problems.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hey Meta, By any chance could you post an Updated pictures of the monthly view with icons?

I have been searching the net for some nice 12x12 icons and have found a few.

Will you be making it so i can name the files anything I want like. icon=gregwork icon=greg and it should bring up the color that i use for my calender?
    I have about 10 different color icons I found that i want to use. I wish share them once I make sure they all work.

Thanks meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    If you have more then 1 event in a certain day it should compress the calender in between the 2 events and tell you how much (free time) you have.

Also,24 hour clock?

Okay it's in the (date and Time app) switch to 12hour.

update:

When in calender, Go into prefs, Then make sure your day doesn't start at like 1am or something, I have mine set from 7am till about 11 at night. This will make it a little easier to look for stuff.
    hope you enjoy your new toy.

Hit the thanks button if I helps.
    Well, I must be doing something wrong! My device is set for 12 hour clock (starts 8 am, ends 10pm), I've downloaded Agenda, but no change. Before doing this, I noticed that I got a 12 hour clock in the day view, but not in the week view.

After Agenda installation, same issue with the clock, plus no compression of empty time.

Any more suggestions? And please, use small words and detailed instructions! I am easily !!

Thanks again,
    Katherine
    me too. 12 hours in day, but not week view. Also can we get 3 min, 20, 25, 35 min alarms for the newest update? This is awesome.
    I wish there was a way to turn-off the Week #'s in the Month and Week views.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sc View Post
    me too. 12 hours in day, but not week view. Also can we get 3 min, 20, 25, 35 min alarms for the newest update? This is awesome.
    3 minutes, isn't 5 good enough? The List is long already.
    Maybe if there is a way at the bottom of the list custom time with the ability to set 2 different times per event.

So lets say I want to be notified at say 4pm which would give me one hour at the desk to finish up whatever it is I need for the Meeting tomorrow Morning at 9am, and then at 8am before the meeting so I don't forget/ leave something behind.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I wish there was a way to turn-off the Week #'s in the Month and Week views.
    It's nice to be able to change everything ON and OFF, but lets face it, The number weeks doesn't get in the way of anything so i don't think it's a big thing at all, and it's better to have it then not to have it. Although I don't think I've ever needed to use it. lol.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 06/16/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Well, I must be doing something wrong! My device is set for 12 hour clock (starts 8 am, ends 10pm), I've downloaded Agenda, but no change. Before doing this, I noticed that I got a 12 hour clock in the day view, but not in the week view.

After Agenda installation, same issue with the clock, plus no compression of empty time.

Any more suggestions? And please, use small words and detailed instructions! I am easily !!

Thanks again,
    Katherine
    So 24 clock week view is normal and can't be switched (yet),
    Now this empty time you are talking about, Is this the Day View?
    Do you not see in between 2 Events in a little bobble (4h 30min Free) or something?
    If you do see that bobble click on it and it should shrink it. If not I think you got yourself a weird *** calender. LOL.

Thanks again,
    Katherine

Hey Katherine, do you have uber calendar installed? I know you installed agenda app, but have you used it? (its a separate app and not a part of calendar)
    Hey Metaview, when ever I replace icons, they end up being so small that I can hardly see them. On the other hand, your icon images are always crisp. I tried with multiple simple images and same result, all become so tiny that very hard to see. I wonder if these icons are only good for like symbols like + or x.
  10.    #310  
    Patch updated in first post.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Uninstalled old UberCal with WOSQI and installed the new version with the same. Love seeing an icon in the Month view! Is that what "Enhanced View" turns on?

I wish that the icons were bigger. They are hard to see with my aging eyes. I would prefer few icons per day that were larger in size, like 20x20 pixels.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/18/2010 at 08:19 AM.
  12.    #312  
    Enhanced view in month view is icons,in week view it's icon, alarm icon and subject.
    For the icons in month view you can just make the icons 20x20 and you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Enhanced view in month view is icons,in week view it's icon, alarm icon and subject.
    For the icons in month view you can just make the icons 20x20 and you should be fine.
    If I make my ICONs 20x20 will they show up bigger then the current icons or will they just get scaled down to the smaller size?
    Hey Meta, I just installed the new patch.

within week view it used to have 24hour clock. Now Noon is 0pm not. Anyway to make that say NOON? but i can live with this. lots better then the 24hour clock
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 06/18/2010 at 11:18 AM.
  15.    #315  
    @swieder: in month view they will just displayed bigger, in week and day view they will be scaled down

@Greg: Noon is what exactly in 24h notations?
    Okay so Meta I figured out that I can now name the files to anything i want.

So i made a icon pack with RSS feeds with colors,

So when you input your information and choose which calender color and you will know what color to put in, ICON=red;

So I have every color that you can pick with the calender option

blue
    Green
    Yellow
    Orange
    Pink
    Red
    Purple
    Teal

Hopefully Palm makes more colors for calender soon. Or maybe Meta one day might be able to figure that one out.

You could also add Dark and Light colors into your monthly view but the colors will not match your weekly and daily view colors so this would only be good in monthly view which i plan on doing in the future and will upload pictures soon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 06/18/2010 at 12:32 PM.
  17.    #317  
    Right, the only reason the icon names are fixed is for the week-view. When you just want the calendar colors in the month view, this is a clever way to go.
    Meta is it possible to make the icons go to where they are suppose to with the time slot they were given? As you can see below in my picture I now have colored icons and grey's icons.

I would like to my icons to take over their time slow grey's icon.

? Is this possible or something Palm has to do.?

Thanks Meta. My calender is looking better by the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 06/18/2010 at 12:25 PM.
  19.    #319  
    The go like this:

1 2 3
    4 5
    6 7 8

(there is a free slot in the middle, to have the day number shine through...)
    I like the day number in the middle.

I was more thinking making the icon go to the same spot as the grey box would if you didn't have any icons. So a 9am icon would go to the top and cover (it's own Grey spot)

or lets say I make one at 10pm, It would cover the one on the bottom.

1 4 6
    2 . 7
    3 5 8

1 being from morning till noon
    2 being noon till 4
    3 being 5 till midnight
    4 being morning till noon only if 1 is already taken
    5 DAY NUMBER
    6 being morning till noon only if number 1 and 4 already taken
    7 being noon till 5 only if already another event in number 2
    8 being only if 3 and 5 are taken

I think this is how PalmOS had theirs not to sure about webOS, I think so far they only do it for 3 times slots,

I also noticed that the top icons are a little higher then the grey squares, Maybe a few pixs high? Anyway to bring that alignment down?
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 06/18/2010 at 12:46 PM.