Page 159 of 207 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Thanks for asking! I did the Sprint Franken Pre 2 procedure 5 days ago. I downloaded the trusty UC because I loved it on my Pre minus. But I'm now having sync issues with google: some events don't sync from the Pre 2 to my Google calendar.

I'm going to try the procedures above recommended by govotsos and I'll report back...
    Did you also install the google behavior patch? That might help.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Did you also install the google behavior patch? That might help.
    Yup, did just as you said, more or less. I uninstalled my Google calendar from my Pre 2 (my Palm Profile calendar has no events). Then I uninstalled the two patches (UC & Google Behavior patch from 9/20/11) with Luna restart. I then installed them again. Finally, I added my Google account and made it the default calendar.

It just finished syncing. Everything from my Google calendar seems to have synced.

So I added a test event on my Pre 2 because that's the direction where the trouble was--new events on Pre 2 not registering on Google. I hit "Sync Now." I then refreshed my Google calendar on my PC. Unfortunately, the test event is NOT on Google. I hit "Sync Now" a few more times with PC browser refresh each time, but no luck.

Should it take longer to transfer? I'll keep checking the next few days to see if the problem continues, but I'm concerned because I rely on events I enter on the Pre 2 each day out seeing clients to then transfer to Google seamlessly (like it always has in the past) because Google then syncs with my Outlook via CompanionLink (4.0). If I can't rely on it....well, not good, to say the least.
    Is there anything special about these events? What time do they have as a start and end? Do they show up in the agenda list? That would be strange because the agenda list is using the same data. Is there anything in the note that is different? Could you copy all the info of an event and post it? It's a paid app right? I can't get it on the emulator to test it. I'll double check the code.
    You might try grabbing the Sporting News baseball app, that's what i've got. It would honestly somewhat surprise me if it didn't have the same effect on phone . . . However, it could be a 3.0 related bug, but I doubt it. I'm going to be uninstalling this patch, anyway, though, as it makes the calendar program respond incredibly slowly for me.. Ie, minutes between keypresses.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    @eblade - the slowness is not normal, is this in the edit scene? Do you have really long notes in your events?
    I've never so much as used the calendar * other than to look at the baseball schedule*

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've never so much as used the calendar * other than to look at the baseball schedule*

Ok, I'm just trying to determine where the keypress is occurring. I'm not listening for any keypress events anywhere except the edit scene.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

I just posted an update to the first post in the porting UC thread. Could you please try that version? I loaded sporting news on my calendar on my phone. It doesn't have anything in the notes is that what you have as well?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Yup, did just as you said, more or less. I uninstalled my Google calendar from my Pre 2 (my Palm Profile calendar has no events). Then I uninstalled the two patches (UC & Google Behavior patch from 9/20/11) with Luna restart. I then installed them again. Finally, I added my Google account and made it the default calendar.

It just finished syncing. Everything from my Google calendar seems to have synced.

So I added a test event on my Pre 2 because that's the direction where the trouble was--new events on Pre 2 not registering on Google. I hit "Sync Now." I then refreshed my Google calendar on my PC. Unfortunately, the test event is NOT on Google. I hit "Sync Now" a few more times with PC browser refresh each time, but no luck.

Should it take longer to transfer? I'll keep checking the next few days to see if the problem continues, but I'm concerned because I rely on events I enter on the Pre 2 each day out seeing clients to then transfer to Google seamlessly (like it always has in the past) because Google then syncs with my Outlook via CompanionLink (4.0). If I can't rely on it....well, not good, to say the least.
    Update to my post above: in addition to the test event mentioned above, I entered a second "test 2" event last night (both on next week's calendar) before bed and neither showed up right away on Google. This morning, "test 1" is still missing on Google but "test 2" showed up just fine.

So, frantid, any ideas why I'm getting such inconsistency? I'm not looking forward to having to double check to see if my events make it to my Outlook each evening when I return, i.e., I might not remember everything I entered and that means checking the phone then checking Outlook etc. I know, I know, some people have real problems, but it's a pain, you know?!
    Update to my post above: in addition to the test event mentioned above, I entered a second "test 2" event last night (both on next week's calendar) before bed and neither showed up right away on Google. This morning, "test 1" is still missing on Google but "test 2" showed up just fine.

So, frantid, any ideas why I'm getting such inconsistency? I'm not looking forward to having to double check to see if my events make it to my Outlook each evening when I return, i.e., I might not remember everything I entered and that means checking the phone then checking Outlook etc. I know, I know, some people have real problems, but it's a pain, you know?!
    That's a pretty real problem to me.

Can you tell me which version you are using - preware or from the thread?

I have seen problems where if you are making a series of quick modifications on the same event then that event somehow gets lost in the sync process. For example new event plus going into date time picker then into custom repeat schedule and backing out real quickly. What ends up happening is the app can't keep up and ends up with 2 or 3 versions of the same event. If you are like me you can create a custom repeating event on a time other than default in less than 2 secs. It's not good for the system. If I take 4 secs, I never have a problem. That's what the latest patch in the thread attempts to fix.

The other thing you have to watch for is modifying the same event on different sources at the same time. The conflict resolution in Google is not all that great.

Try to modify the one that doesn't sync, just change the note or something. See if it syncs after a sync now.

The sync process will sleep for twenty minutes if you haven't created an event on the phone. Google doesn't push notify calendar events, so if you are modifying an event on the web and your phone is sleeping it could take 20 minutes to sync. Assuming you have left your wifi or data on while screen off.

Unfortunately, that is all I can think of at the moment. The other thing to watch for is a hung event. Sometimes a bad event can hang up the sync process. You usually have to modify it or recreate it to get it to sync.

I now have 4 phones plus all the emulators syncing my events. It is reliably syncing for me. You could install lumberjack from Preware, choose custom, type "google". Then hit sync now. Wait about 40 secs, then hit retrieve log in lumberjack. Post the log here, we'll try to see what is up.

toaste likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

I have seen problems where if you are making a series of quick modifications on the same event then that event somehow gets lost in the sync process. For example new event plus going into date time picker then into custom repeat schedule and backing out real quickly. What ends up happening is the app can't keep up and ends up with 2 or 3 versions of the same event. If you are like me you can create a custom repeating event on a time other than default in less than 2 secs. It's not good for the system. If I take 4 secs, I never have a problem. That's what the latest patch in the thread attempts to fix.

The other thing you have to watch for is modifying the same event on different sources at the same time. The conflict resolution in Google is not all that great.

Try to modify the one that doesn't sync, just change the note or something. See if it syncs after a sync now.

The sync process will sleep for twenty minutes if you haven't created an event on the phone. Google doesn't push notify calendar events, so if you are modifying an event on the web and your phone is sleeping it could take 20 minutes to sync. Assuming you have left your wifi or data on while screen off.

Unfortunately, that is all I can think of at the moment. The other thing to watch for is a hung event. Sometimes a bad event can hang up the sync process. You usually have to modify it or recreate it to get it to sync.

I now have 4 phones plus all the emulators syncing my events. It is reliably syncing for me. You could install lumberjack from Preware, choose custom, type "google". Then hit sync now. Wait about 40 secs, then hit retrieve log in lumberjack. Post the log here, we'll try to see what is up.
    Is anyone else impressed by the in depth response Frantid gives? Kudos to such an involved developer.
    phil71 and emjayess like this.

One other thing I thought to check. Before you installed the google sync behavior patch, did you disable all your google calendars in the Accounts app then reenable them after the Luna restart? Even if you did, it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Sometimes I had to do it a couple of times before bi-directional synching was in sync (sorry for the pun).
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Is anyone else impressed by the in depth response Frantid gives? Kudos to such an involved developer.
    Yes, very impressed! The webOS community is a major reason I stuck with the Pre minus for so long before doing the Franken Pre 2 thang a few days ago. And now I'm not really champin' at the bit for all the fancy new ones that are coming out on Sprint. Makes the pain of no Pre 3 much better too!!

O.K., I just tried your suggestion to modify the non-syncing event a bit. I made a note, and, yes, it then synced! But that still doesn't tell me what to do out in field today each time I create an event. I guess I'll have to check them for a few days to see if they sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    One other thing I thought to check. Before you installed the google sync behavior patch, did you disable all your google calendars in the Accounts app then reenable them after the Luna restart? Even if you did, it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Sometimes I had to do it a couple of times before bi-directional synching was in sync (sorry for the pun).
    Yah, I did disable the google calendar (the only calendar I have--the Palm Profile has no events) and reinstalled it after the patches. But I might follow your suggestion to do it all over again if things are still inconsistent. Thanks!

[By the way, how do you folks to those multiple-quote things? I wanted to put my last few responses in one post, but when I hit the "M-Quote" nothing happened...]
    I think you are probably ok, if the sync completed after the change. And don't need to re-toggle.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee I can make about sync. There could be a number of reasons an event fails to sync. Many of them are out of our control. Cell signal strength, internet congestion, etc.

Just keep in mind sync in 2.0 is change based. It won't sync an event if it thinks it hasn't changed since the last sync. So maybe you were making it or modifying it during the last sync, but it didn't actually get in that sync event. But it recorded the modification before it completes the sync. Therefore it looks to the database like it must have been in the sync event. Did I lose you there?

It is something they will have to improve upon. There are changes in the TP showing they were working on it. Hopefully they will be able to continue.
    I think you are probably ok, if the sync completed after the change. And don't need to re-toggle.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee I can make about sync. There could be a number of reasons an event fails to sync. Many of them are out of our control. Cell signal strength, internet congestion, etc.

Just keep in mind sync in 2.0 is change based. It won't sync an event if it thinks it hasn't changed since the last sync. So maybe you were making it or modifying it during the last sync, but it didn't actually get in that sync event. But it recorded the modification before it completes the sync. Therefore it looks to the database like it must have been in the sync event. Did I lose you there?

It is something they will have to improve upon. There are changes in the TP showing they were working on it. Hopefully they will be able to continue.
    Yah, ya lost me there.....

But anyway, I've reset the Touchpad now, as well, and tonight both the Pre 2 and the Touchpad seem to be syncing fine. So thanks for y'all's help and keeping my fingers crossed it stays all good!
    I just went through the Att Pre3 doctor. It seems there's no difference with respect to the calendar between EU Pre3 and Att Pre3. So anyone having an Att Pre3 can use the existing UC patch for the Pre3. I don't know about the verizon one yet.

Sorry if I'm been thick but I've got lost a but with versions.

I rely on ubercalendar on both pre 3 and touchpad.

On the pre 3 I have the version that has the option for groups at the top (so helpful, many thanks). I installed that via QuickInstall. It's version 2.2.0-1.

Is that different to the preware version ? If so, which is the latest ? If I were to swap to preware version (so it can auto update) would I loose the group at the top option.

It would also be helpful to have similair version comparisons for the touchpad !

Once again sorry if it's me being dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Sorry if I'm been thick but I've got lost a but with versions.

I rely on ubercalendar on both pre 3 and touchpad.

On the pre 3 I have the version that has the option for groups at the top (so helpful, many thanks). I installed that via QuickInstall. It's version 2.2.0-1.

Is that different to the preware version ? If so, which is the latest ? If I were to swap to preware version (so it can auto update) would I loose the group at the top option.

It would also be helpful to have similair version comparisons for the touchpad !

Once again sorry if it's me being dense.
    It's not a bad question at all. I have problems remembering what version I put in Preware. Just too many versions of webOS at the moment. I put the change log in the webOS patches portal.

webOS-Patches Web Portal

But you can read the changes that are in the patch in Preware. I'll try to put more in the change log there including which changes apply to each device. Currently for the Pre3 they match. For the TP, the thread is newer.

It's vital to have the difference between thread and Preware. I do make mistakes sometimes and having testers and the thread versions allows quick fixes -- and quick responses to requests for features. It would be nice if the Preware server kept the same version numbers, but the server has to track it's own change history so it can't be done.

I forgot your other question. The thread versions will always be the same or newer, never older.