Page 158 of 207 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I didn't realize that. Then unfortunately, there is no solution at the moment.
    I'm a big fan of Hiveminder.com for tasks. Desktop - anywhere, phone, touchpad, twitter, email...it lets you decide how you want to contact it. It also can be used to shared tasks including with a group. I no longer bother with exchange for tasks.
    If you could post the log it could help. If one of those patches is sconix's advance prefs for the calendar it will conflict.

After a bad install in Preware use the menu choice about ipkg log to bring up the log.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    I can't get Ubercalendar to install - either Preware or WOSQI (from here. I don't have any other calendar related patches - actually I have few patches of any kind (6). Any ideas?
    If you could post the log it could help. If one of those patches is sconix's advance prefs for the calendar it will conflict.

After a bad install in Preware use the menu choice about ipkg log to bring up the log.
    Thanks. I really want to get this working. I need Agenda. I forgot to mention - this is on my Pre2 VZW

Log -
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    26 109k 26 30162 0 0 29928 0 0:00:03 0:00:01 0:00:02 40377
    100 109k 100 109k 0 0 68468 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 81473
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    41 out of 41 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    28 out of 28 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    30 out of 30 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-options-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    18 out of 18 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/repeat-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    36 out of 36 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-prefs-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/database.manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/system-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/confirm-deleteevent.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/jumpto.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/recurrence-warning.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Thanks. I really want to get this working. I need Agenda. I forgot to mention - this is on my Pre2 VZW
    It looks like it is partially installed. If you go to the first post in the preference guide, there is a procedure linked there that will help you resolve it. Just follow it through step by step and it will help.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Although it is not 100% UC related I have some questions.

Up until now I used the Palm Profile calendar. I knew that I'd have a back-up there if anything happened. However with webOS dead I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement device if something happens. So my questions are.

1) If I use another calendar (like Google) is it possible to somehow copy events/send/move them to Google calendar?
    2) I'm thinking about Google in order to install the Google search app. My question is: is it compatible with UberCalendar? I wouldnt want to miss the UC features.
    3) I had the problem with the "non-english" character events not syncing with Google. As my events are not in english was this solved? I remember there was a solution some pages before, is it OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Although it is not 100% UC related I have some questions.

Up until now I used the Palm Profile calendar. I knew that I'd have a back-up there if anything happened. However with webOS dead I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement device if something happens. So my questions are.

1) If I use another calendar (like Google) is it possible to somehow copy events/send/move them to Google calendar?
    If you have a google account on your phone, you just move them by switching the calendar the event belongs to. I don't know a way to bulk transfer them. Maybe someone else knows a good bulk method. Personally I prefer doing those things one by one. It's like packing to move, you can throw away a lot of stuff you don't really need.

2) I'm thinking about Google in order to install the Google search app. My question is: is it compatible with UberCalendar? I wouldnt want to miss the UC features.
    It's a separate app I believe so there's no conflict.

3) I had the problem with the "non-english" character events not syncing with Google. As my events are not in english was this solved? I remember there was a solution some pages before, is it OK?
    Yes, but you need to install the latest google sync behaviors patch first.

My advice is to apply the google sync patch. Then get a gmail account and add it in the accounts app. Then experiment with a couple calendar events by using copy as new event and switching them to the google account. Really give it a good test run with a lot of events. Put all the normal stuff you put in your events. Add stuff on the web and on the phone. Make sure it works for you before you migrate your data.

What I do to test google sync is I make twice as many events as I normally have. Use repeating events as you don't have to make as many and they are easy to clean up afterwards. One delete whole series and you can get rid of a lot of events. If there haven't been any changes to the calendar on the phone, it can sometimes take 20 minutes for a sync as the service sleeps. Just be aware of it, I do a lot of manual syncs, because I don't have a lot of patience when testing.

Test first, migrate when your sure. That's the best advice I can give. My calendar is the reason I have a smartphone, so I won't mess with my data.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    There are a couple of ways you can do a bulk transfer. What device do you have & what version of webOS is on it?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks guys for the info.
    Should I remove UC before installing the google sync? What's the procedure?
    Moreover I have my google account in my Accounts but only for e-mails. Should I just associate it with the calendar or completely remove the account and re-install it?
    @govotsos I have a Pre 2 with 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You just have to install the sync behavior patch and restart Luna. If you don't have a calendar setup up on your google account. Then you first need to go on the web and set one up for your gmail. Make sure you set the timezone for the calendar in settings. Then just toggle calendar support on.

You don't have to do anything to UC.
    Thanks guys for the info.
    Should I remove UC before installing the google sync? What's the procedure?
    Moreover I have my google account in my Accounts but only for e-mails. Should I just associate it with the calendar or completely remove the account and re-install it?
    @govotsos I have a Pre 2 with 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just a little fuller answer. If you already have any google calendars enabled on your phone, got to the Accounts app, select the google account, unselect Calendar. This will remove the calendar data from your phone. Install UberCalendar & Google sync behavior patches & perform a Luna restart of the phone (a full restart is OK too). Now go back to accounts & re-enable the calendar for any already existing google calendars and add account for any new google accounts. After you exit Accounts, the phone will sync with google using the 1 year back / 4 years forward defined by the behavior patch.

Sorry to raise hopes about the bulk transfer, it only worked for 1.x devices. There's a couple apps that would sync the Pre Calendar to Outlook or Palm Desktop on your PC over USB then sync that to google then sync that down to phone as a google calendar. Unfortunately, none of those USB options currently work with 2.x+. CompanionLink is in final testing of their CompanionLink USB for webOS 2.x+, but it's not here yet
    @Loiter Of course, as soon as I write this, I read my email & Chapura has just released the update to Pocket Mirror for webOS 2.x+ What you need to do this is your phone, Outlook on your PC (the trial version works if you don't already have it or don't want to use it in the future), a WiFi network that the Pre & PC are both on, and a google account.

On your phone, go to the App Catalog, search for chapura, select Pocket Mirror and install it. On your PC, go to Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura and download the trial for Pocket Mirror and install it on your PC. Connect both devices to your network. Read the directions for syncing the Pre to Outlook CAREFULLY and follow them EXACTLY - it's a bit confusing if you've never done it before but works well IF you follow directions. When you configure the sync, make sure you have Handhold overwrites Outlook selected so all the info from your phone goes to the computer.

When the sync is completed, go to google, go to help and search for Google Sync. Follow the directions to install & use Sync to sync your Outlook to your google Calendar.

When that is done, install UberCalendar & google sync behavior patches on your phone & restart. Go to the Accounts app & add accounts for your google calendar. Everything should now sync down to the phone. So you don't see duplicate entries, until you delete the events in your Palm Profile calendar (carefully so you don't delete the google one instead), go to Preferences in Calendar, Calendar View, and turn off viewing your Palm Profile Calendar.

It's a round about method, but it works well & pretty quickly.
    @Loiter Just some more tips. Once you have everything in google calendar, you can also start making additional calendars there. That's how google implements categories. You can move events from your main google calendar to "sub" calendars either on the phone or at google. Either way, they'll sync over.

Once you've got everything on google & confirmed everything's OK, a quick way to delete all the events from the Palm Profile calendar is to go into Preferences (on the phone), select display options, and set every calendar EXCEPT the Palm Profile on to not visible. When you do this, the only events that will be displayed on the phone's calendar will be Palm Profile ones and you can delete everything. After you're done, turn the other calendars back on.

Unless you're planning to continue to use Outlook, you can delete Pocket Mirror from both the phone and the computer.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I was planning to do this yesterday, but I had to doctor my phone for the first time due to a problem after a patch update.

Unfortunately I've used my Pocketmirror card before and the trial is now over. Just installed the sync patch, installed UC and now I'm manually making my Palm events into Google events. Up until now the sync goes well (as I said the events are not in english characters), but I have a lot of work ahead of me. Things are looking good, I didn't have time to test the Google search app.
    Thanks guys. I was planning to do this yesterday, but I had to doctor my phone for the first time due to a problem after a patch update.

Unfortunately I've used my Pocketmirror card before and the trial is now over. Just installed the sync patch, installed UC and now I'm manually making my Palm events into Google events. Up until now the sync goes well (as I said the events are not in english characters), but I have a lot of work ahead of me. Things are looking good, I didn't have time to test the Google search app.
    Glad it's working, let us know how it goes and if you have issues just post.

Anyone having issues with the latest test versions for 2.1 or 1.4.5?

I think it's time to update Preware, if there are no reports of issues.

Thanks.

I just decided to try this out, and I notice that my Sporting News calendar events no longer show up in the monthly view - only holidays show up (all that I have on my calendar right now is the Sporting News and the Holidays, all the other things are empty all the time)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I just decided to try this out, and I notice that my Sporting News calendar events no longer show up in the monthly view - only holidays show up (all that I have on my calendar right now is the Sporting News and the Holidays, all the other things are empty all the time)
    Do they show up in the week or day views?

In your preferences do you have the event markers off under month view enhanced?

What happens if you choose that calendar in the drop down in month view do they show up?

What device is this?

They show up In *the day and week view but not in the month.

Using a touchpad

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Is there anything special about these events? What time do they have as a start and end? Do they show up in the agenda list? That would be strange because the agenda list is using the same data. Is there anything in the note that is different? Could you copy all the info of an event and post it? It's a paid app right? I can't get it on the emulator to test it. I'll double check the code.
    Anyone having issues with the latest test versions for 2.1 or 1.4.5?

I think it's time to update Preware, if there are no reports of issues.

Thanks.
    Thanks for asking! I did the Sprint Franken Pre 2 procedure 5 days ago. I downloaded the trusty UC because I loved it on my Pre minus. But I'm now having sync issues with google: some events don't sync from the Pre 2 to my Google calendar.

I'm going to try the procedures above recommended by govotsos and I'll report back...