Page 156 of 207 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Thankyou, I'll let you know how it goes after I've copied over all 44 files. Might take a few weeks....:-)
    Worked like a charm thankyou Frantid! Just reinstalled Ubercalendar now so I think I'm finally back to where I was yesterday morning - phew!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by runner77 View Post
    Having problems installing the new HD app to my Touchpad. Postinst fails to run. I'm obviously doing something wrong.
    Can you post the log? You have to remove any patches that touch the calendar.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Question for the Pre3 owners. Currently I cannot get the icons in month view to be above the event markers. So if you have them both on the event markers, cover the icons.

I was thinking of changing the event markers to be squares on the right side, instead of bars across the entire width.

see attached screenshot.

I need some opinions on whether this is okay or just leave it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    updated 1.4.5; 2.1 & 2.2: added preference for setting UC groups first in calendar selector button. Attempt at fixing the occasional multiple entry bug with google events in 2.1 & 2.2.

2.1 versions

Pre 3 version

1.4.5 Version

I will update Preware once it's tested to be stable. Thanks for testing.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I uninstalled ubercalendarVEER_2-6.patch, rebooted & tried to install the latest ubercalendarVEER_2-7.patch, but it failed. I'm using a AT&T Veer running 2.1.2. Version 2-6 installed fine. Here's the error I get:

Sep 15, 2011 1:11:05 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
    WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/prefs.xml
    ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomException: The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |Index: /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |===================================================================
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7sqi View Post
    I uninstalled ubercalendarVEER_2-6.patch, rebooted & tried to install the latest ubercalendarVEER_2-7.patch, but it failed. I'm using a AT&T Veer running 2.1.2. Version 2-6 installed fine. Here's the error I get:

Sep 15, 2011 1:11:05 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
    WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/prefs.xml
    ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomException: The text leading up to this was:
    |Index: /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |===================================================================
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored

Steve
    Thank you!

I uploaded the corrected file.

http://forums.precentral.net/3024632-post2876.html

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Awesome response! Latest version applies perfectly. Thanks.
    I've been having a play with Ubercalendar for a few days now and it is so good to have most of the functionality of PalmOS DateBK5 back! Here are a few issues I've noticed:
    • When inserting a large number of templates one after the other (I was putting everyone's birthdays in) I ended up getting a 'Too Many Cards' error, even though Ubercalendar was the only App open.
    • After inserting a template, i can successfully change the repeat (to yearly for instance) then alter the name of the event. However if i do it the other way around then the event name reverts back to the saved template name after the repeat has been changed.
    • Speaking of repeats, is there a way to save a template with a yearly repeat. They always default to 'no repeat'.
    • Also, it would be nice if 'Yearly' was in the repeat drop-down list, rather than having to select 'Custom Repeat', then 'Every Year'
    • Any chance of the option of choosing a different colour per category? You could keep the left edge of each event in the normal colours (Green for Google, Blue for HP WebOS etc.) but have the rest of the bar in a choice of colour. I'm appreciate it's probably not an easy process to implement though! I just find the icons are a little small in the Pre3.
    • In the day view it would be great to have a two-finger swipe left or right to go forward a week or back a week.
    • Also in day view, how about an event automatically being created if you start typing (without tapping on the day first)? You could have a preference that sets the default time for such an event.

Question for the Pre3 owners. Currently I cannot get the icons in month view to be above the event markers. So if you have them both on the event markers, cover the icons.
    In Month View, my icons don't show at all , despite the option being checked in the prefs.

Shaun
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    [*]In the day view it would be great to have a two-finger swipe left or right to go forward a week or back a week.
    Good idea!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    [*]When inserting a large number of templates one after the other (I was putting everyone's birthdays in) I ended up getting a 'Too Many Cards' error, even though Ubercalendar was the only App open.
    I've never had a TMC because of UC, it might be coincidence. I'll keep an eye out for it.

[*]After inserting a template, i can successfully change the repeat (to yearly for instance) then alter the name of the event. However if i do it the other way around then the event name reverts back to the saved template name after the repeat has been changed.[*]Speaking of repeats, is there a way to save a template with a yearly repeat. They always default to 'no repeat'.[*]Also, it would be nice if 'Yearly' was in the repeat drop-down list, rather than having to select 'Custom Repeat', then 'Every Year'
    Are you using the latest version I just posted, there was a problem when quickly changing to custom repeats after modifying other pieces of information. Basically it saves the info to the database before going into custom repeat and then saves it again as you exit custom repeat. The two saves conflict as the come back at different times. So it sometimes reverts and sometimes creates multiple events. I attempted a fix in the latest posted version.

Repeats can't go into the templates as webOS does some logic tests before applying. So what works as you create the template, won't work as the template is saved to 1/1/2030. The same is true as you apply a template. What works at 1/1/2030, won't work at the newly posted date. The conflict causes problems and the repeat schedule is removed. If you search the thread there was some effort tried to make it work.

[*]Any chance of the option of choosing a different colour per category? You could keep the left edge of each event in the normal colours (Green for Google, Blue for HP WebOS etc.) but have the rest of the bar in a choice of colour. I'm appreciate it's probably not an easy process to implement though! I just find the icons are a little small in the Pre3.
    Your best bet is to use colored icons, small colored squares work.

[*]In the day view it would be great to have a two-finger swipe left or right to go forward a week or back a week.[*]Also in day view, how about an event automatically being created if you start typing (without tapping on the day first)? You could have a preference that sets the default time for such an event.

In Month View, my icons don't show at all , despite the option being checked in the prefs.

Shaun
    Interesting ideas, I have no idea how to do them though. In month view options turn off the event markers. They are under the grey bars. The latest version I changed it to squares on the right.

13. m-s
    In Week View the option "Work week only" "OFF" have no effect. So the Week has allways only 5 days
    Quote Originally Posted by m-s View Post
    In Week View the option "Work week only" "OFF" have no effect. So the Week has allways only 5 days
    Are you using a UC group? The group setting will override the preference setting? What type of device is this?

15. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can you post the log? You have to remove any patches that touch the calendar.
    Thanks for this hint! I had the "Default To Week View" patch installed in TP and was getting an IPK error. Removed it, luna restart, installed UC, luna restart and all is well.

Seems like a good idea to document in UC installation notes the need to remove other calendar patches (unless I missed it somewhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by w0z View Post
    Thanks for this hint! I had the "Default To Week View" patch installed in TP and was getting an IPK error. Removed it, luna restart, installed UC, luna restart and all is well.

Seems like a good idea to document in UC installation notes the need to remove other calendar patches (unless I missed it somewhere).
    I'm afraid you must have missed it.

UberCalendar has a white line at the bottom of the page. Anyone else see this?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Yes,I do.

Alan
    me too.
    I uploaded the wrong 2.1 non Veer the other day -- too many webOS versions these days. My apologies, here is the correct version:

http://forums.precentral.net/3024632-post2876.html

Anyone having issues? I'd like to update Preware feeds as I have some work to do....

@m-s did your work week problem get sorted?