Page 152 of 207 FirstFirst ... 52102142147148149150151152153154155156157162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Congratulations. If my french Pre3 ever comes, I can start to work on it. I don't think there is a current emulator or doctor for it. So all dev work has to be done on the device.
    When I'll get it, I'll use the serial # to look if a doctor is available.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Congratulations. If my french Pre3 ever comes, I can start to work on it. I don't think there is a current emulator or doctor for it. So all dev work has to be done on the device.
    indeed there is an Emulator available but unfortunally it's currently still under NDA in the developer forum - and unfortunally I'm bound to this NDA but what i could offer you as long as no doctor is out is to try out patches in the emulator as i have it installed here - but i have limited time...
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmmdada View Post
    indeed there is an Emulator available but unfortunally it's currently still under NDA in the developer forum - and unfortunally I'm bound to this NDA but what i could offer you as long as no doctor is out is to try out patches in the emulator as i have it installed here - but i have limited time...
    I think the new dimensions will require a lot of css changes to the patch, so it's best to be able to see the looks of it while working on it.

Thanks for the offer though.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Frantid, don't you have access to the early access forum?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Yes, but I can't confirm nor deny whether the emulator version is the same as the phone. Only a doctor will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just got a shiping confirmation for my pre3. Can I have some hope to be able to put UC on this baby soon?
    You lucky sod For once rest of the world gets a goody from HP that we're not getting in the US.
    @govotsos - your Pre2 acting any better on 2.1? My google sync is pretty solid these days(knock on wood), but I did the doctor to 2.1 and not the update for the unlocked Pre2.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    OK, here we go!

These instructions look like a long list, but don't worry, this is really easy. The list is long because EVERY step is listed. Since you're a new user, I didn't want to assume anything & wanted to be as clear and complete as possible.

- Start preware
    - Pull down the menu in the top left corner (by either tapping the word preware in the top left corner of the screen or sliding your finger down the top corner across the word preware - I find sliding down easier than trying to hit the menu exactly)
    - Select Saved Packages
    - Tap the Update button at the bottom of the screen. This saves a list of all apps & patches you have installed on your phone.
    - I'm assuming you don't have a theme installed. If you do, you need to remove it
    " Do a back swipe so you return to the main prepare screen
    - Type the word "emergency" without the quotation marks & press the Enter key (the key in the lower right corner of the keyboard that looks like a backwards capital L)
    - Scroll down the list that comes up until you see Emergency Patch Recovery. Tap on that entry
    - Tap on the Install button at the bottom of the screen. This will install & execute the program which will remove all installed patches.
    - When EPR completes, if preware tells you a Luna restart is required, tap OK. If it doesn't, exit preware, run the Device Info app, select the button at the bottom of the screen labeled Restart Options then select the Restart button on the screen that opens.
    - After your phone restarts, open preware
    - Pull down the menu in the top left corner of the screen & select Saved Packages

- HERE'S AN IMPORTANT STEP - scroll through the list that comes up on screen. You need to delete any calendar patches other than UberCalendar and the Advanced Calendar patch. You do this by swiping the entry to the right & tapping the Delete button that appears in it's place.

- To make it easier to deal with conflicts, we're going to install UberCalendar before any other patches. To do this, tap on the UberCalendar entry on the list & tap the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
    - When installation completes, it'll say a Luna restart is required - tap the button labeled Later (in normal situations, you'd ALWAYS select OK, but we're doing a short cut here)
    - Do a back swipe to return to the Saved Packages list
    - Tap the Install All button at the bottom of the screen. This will re-install all of your patches. If you receive an error message, just select OK. The error message comes up if preware tries to install a patch that conflicts with one already installed (UberCalendar in this case) and saying OK just skips installing the incompatible patch.
    - When installation completes, if preware shows a screen saying a Luna restart is required, tap OK to restart. If it doesn't, close preware, run the Device Info app, tap Restart options, tap Restart
    - After the phone restarts, the last thing we need to do is update your Saved Packages list so it reflects what is currently installed. To do this, open preware, pull down the menu, select Saved Packages, tap the Update button then exit preware when it's done.

That's it. You're done & UberCalendar should be ready for you to use along with whatever other patches you've installed.
    Too many thanks dude!!!!!!! I got what I want!!! Your guide was perfect for me!!! I didn't know these tools for recover and backup my patches, but now that I know about them I can test all the patches that I want!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    @govotsos - your Pre2 acting any better on 2.1? My google sync is pretty solid these days(knock on wood), but I did the doctor to 2.1 and not the update for the unlocked Pre2.
    So far (knock, knock). I haven't done anything else with the invitations though. I was really playing with it as a novelty since the only person I'd invite would be my wife & it's easier to just talk to her One of the benefits of retiring - not many meetings to go to any more
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Too many thanks dude!!!!!!! I got what I want!!! Your guide was perfect for me!!! I didn't know these tools for recover and backup my patches, but now that I know about them I can test all the patches that I want!!!
    Yes, the guys at webos-internals have done a tremendous job providing us some amazingly well thought out & useful tools. If you appreciate their work, there's a donate button in preware. There's also a $0.99 app in the catalog called Preware Homebrew Documentation that directly benefits Rod Whitby the main man at webos-internals. If you appreciate UberCalendar, it's provided free to the community, but if you want to support the developers, you might want to purchase one of their apps in the catalog. I think some are listed in the first post or you can just search for MetaViewSoft in the catalog. There are some excellent tools like ImageWorker Pro (an image processor) and UberRadio (an Internet radio app).
    Yes, the guys at webos-internals have done a tremendous job providing us some amazingly well thought out & useful tools. If you appreciate their work, there's a donate button in preware. There's also a $0.99 app in the catalog called Preware Homebrew Documentation that directly benefits Rod Whitby the main man at webos-internals. If you appreciate UberCalendar, it's provided free to the community, but if you want to support the developers, you might want to purchase one of their apps in the catalog. I think some are listed in the first post or you can just search for MetaViewSoft in the catalog. There are some excellent tools like ImageWorker Pro (an image processor) and UberRadio (an Internet radio app).
    Ohhhhh yessss, of course I want and I need to contribute to the cause!!! I'll do a couple of donations when I have some money on my PayPal account!!!

TOO MANY THANKS AGAIN MAN!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    So far (knock, knock). I haven't done anything else with the invitations though. I was really playing with it as a novelty since the only person I'd invite would be my wife & it's easier to just talk to her One of the benefits of retiring - not many meetings to go to any more

When I am in month view, I can only get the "all day" color to show. It won't show any other colors (i.e., Red for facebook, Green for birthday) I have the event set to on, and show all day color on. The other colors don't show up regardless of "all day color" being on or off. Can you please help me problem solve? I'm very new to this but think your patch is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazgjcc View Post
    When I am in month view, I can only get the "all day" color to show. It won't show any other colors (i.e., Red for facebook, Green for birthday) I have the event set to on, and show all day color on. The other colors don't show up regardless of "all day color" being on or off. Can you please help me problem solve? I'm very new to this but think your patch is awesome!
    Hi, thanks for coming over to this thread. Glad you like the patch.

Unfortunately, on the phones you don't get any other colors for events unless you have picked a single calendar instead of "All" in the top right calendar selector.

What you get normally are little grey squares that signify one or more appointments in the morning, afternoon, evening. The are always grey unless you choose a specific calendar. If the grey squares are not showing up, then make sure you have "show event markers" on under the month enhanced options.

What you can do is add icons to your events and the icons will show in month view. See the first post for icons and how to install or the preference guide.

welcome to the forum.

Even when I have it set to view just "birthdays", nothing shows up in that designated area...I tried to download the icons, but I don't know what I'm doing LOL I was able to get it unzipped but not sure how to install to my phone. Is there a step by step for dummies where the icons are concerned??
    i meant "designated COLOR" not "area" ~ sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by krazgjcc View Post
    Even when I have it set to view just "birthdays", nothing shows up in that designated area...I tried to download the icons, but I don't know what I'm doing LOL I was able to get it unzipped but not sure how to install to my phone. Is there a step by step for dummies where the icons are concerned??
    You need to put them on the phone. You can plug your phone into a usb on a computer and create the directory required. To quote govotsos:

- to complete the ‹berCalendar installation, install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar on the phone. Make sure to include the period before scrims. If you are copying the icons using a Windows PC, Windows won't let you create a directory with a leading period in the name. Don't worry - create a folder called scrims and rename it using Internalz on the phone
    Use the forum tool "search this thread" for "scrims", you will find a dozen or more explanations or methods on how to do it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Pre3 webOSDoctor now available!!!! http://t.co/LKWHkZQ Discovered by @vasthegreek

Ubercalendar is the most eseential patch to me so I wonder if I might as a question ?

I have a pre 3 on a 7 day trial. I want to keep it but not without uber calendar.

I know it's inolved and can't be got working now, but is there a plan to make it compatible with 2.2 and the larger screen estate ? As long as I know the intention is there I want to stick with my pre 3 but without uber calendar it would be much harder to use.

Is there any way I can help ?

Many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Ubercalendar is the most eseential patch to me so I wonder if I might as a question ?

I have a pre 3 on a 7 day trial. I want to keep it but not without uber calendar.

I know it's inolved and can't be got working now, but is there a plan to make it compatible with 2.2 and the larger screen estate ? As long as I know the intention is there I want to stick with my pre 3 but without uber calendar it would be much harder to use.

Is there any way I can help ?

Many thanks

I've got a Pre3 on order myself, if that makes you feel any better. I'm going to do all I can to make UC work on the Pre3. I hope you like the phone enough to keep it without UC as well. I won't have it ready in the next 7 days.