Page 151 of 207 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes

No worries. I understand. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to mess with their devices. If I had been stuck on 2.0.1, I don't think I could have taken testing.

2.1 is much better. I still recommend the google sync behavior patch. It fixes some issues. I have all the test stuff on my phone.
    Does the Google Sync patch need to be reapplied after the 2.1 update? While the phone was still 2.0.1 I applied it before adding accounts.
    Yes, 2.1 upgrade is more forgiving. You can just uninstall the 2.0.1 sync behaviors then install 2.1. Only if you remove an account or doctor will you hit the limits. If you want history of events and further forward after a doctor, you have to toggle calendars off, apply patch. The behaviors patch fixes the bug of duplicate events plus others. I recommend the one that is not on the first post in that thread. I need to update the thread. You will be able to see invites work with that one.

I am very happy 2.0.1 is dead. I could never fix all the errors.
    Thread has been quiet. I'm assuming no issues with the test work week patches? I'm going to post to Preware feeds, unless someone posts an issue before the end of the day.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I use it on a daily basis on my main device, and had no problem.
    Just frequent memory issues, but I did'nt find yet wich app is responsible of it.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Look at any installed apps or patches that interact with the launcher. Since it is re-written in 2.1 anything that wasn't updated will cause problems.
    I have some troubles...I can't go to the app's preferences and accounts!!! Just can't!!! Every function from the patch it's functional, but I can't set my personal preferences!!!
    It's a Palm Pre 1 with webOS 2.1.0 !!! PLEASE SOME HELP!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    I have some troubles...I can't go to the app's preferences and accounts!!! Just can't!!! Every function from the patch it's functional, but I can't set my personal preferences!!!
    It's a Palm Pre 1 with webOS 2.1.0 !!! PLEASE SOME HELP!!!
    Do you have any other calendar patches installed? Including any of sconix's pref patches for the calendar?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you have any other calendar patches installed? Including any of sconix's pref patches for the calendar?
    Man......I just can't uninstall the patch "Advanced System Prefs - Calendar" of sconix from my Pre...I try and I try...so I install the UberCalendar over that patch....and I get the situation that I explained before!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Man......I just can't uninstall the patch "Advanced System Prefs - Calendar" of sconix from my Pre...I try and I try...so I install the UberCalendar over that patch....and I get the situation that I explained before!!!
    You don't need sconix's calendar prefs patch if you are running 2.1. It's built into UberCalendar for 2.1.

I think you have to run EPR. Hopefully that will fix it.

You don't need sconix's calendar prefs patch if you are running 2.1. It's built into UberCalendar for 2.1.

I think you have to run EPR. Hopefully that will fix it.
    My......and what's EPR??? Can I just delete the patch from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ ????

Thanks dude!!!

My......and what's EPR??? Can I just delete the patch from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ ????

Thanks dude!!!
    Don't do that. Always use Preware, Internalz or webOS Quick Install to uninstall.

In Preware, tap on list of everything search for "emergency" you will see one called "emergency patch recovery". It will remove all patches from the phone.

You can also do it with webOS Quick install, just search for the same.

Don't do that. Always use Preware, Internalz or webOS Quick Install to uninstall.

In Preware, tap on list of everything search for "emergency" you will see one called "emergency patch recovery". It will remove all patches from the phone.

You can also do it with webOS Quick install, just search for the same.
    Well..........I think I'm toooooooooo lazy for install all the patches again..... I think that I can tolerate this situation!!!

THANKS A LOT ANYWAY!!!

Well..........I think I'm toooooooooo lazy for install all the patches again..... I think that I can tolerate this situation!!!

THANKS A LOT ANYWAY!!!
    If you update your saved package list in prepare before running EPR it's a snap to reinstall all your patches in one fell swoop. Just delete the incompatible patches from the list first.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If you update your saved package list in prepare before running EPR it's a snap to reinstall all your patches in one fell swoop. Just delete the incompatible patches from the list first.
    Ok, first......I'm just a novice for make a process like that......but believe, if you explain me just a little bit more.......something like to list the steps for backup my patches and then erase all for finally reinstall those patches that I really want!!!

Thanks dude!!!

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How can I get all-day events to show up in month view?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Ok, first......I'm just a novice for make a process like that......but believe, if you explain me just a little bit more.......something like to list the steps for backup my patches and then erase all for finally reinstall those patches that I really want!!!

Thanks dude!!!
    OK, here we go!

These instructions look like a long list, but don't worry, this is really easy. The list is long because EVERY step is listed. Since you're a new user, I didn't want to assume anything & wanted to be as clear and complete as possible.

- Start preware
    - Pull down the menu in the top left corner (by either tapping the word preware in the top left corner of the screen or sliding your finger down the top corner across the word preware - I find sliding down easier than trying to hit the menu exactly)
    - Select Saved Packages
    - Tap the Update button at the bottom of the screen. This saves a list of all apps & patches you have installed on your phone.
    - I'm assuming you don't have a theme installed. If you do, you need to remove it
    " Do a back swipe so you return to the main prepare screen
    - Type the word "emergency" without the quotation marks & press the Enter key (the key in the lower right corner of the keyboard that looks like a backwards capital L)
    - Scroll down the list that comes up until you see Emergency Patch Recovery. Tap on that entry
    - Tap on the Install button at the bottom of the screen. This will install & execute the program which will remove all installed patches.
    - When EPR completes, if preware tells you a Luna restart is required, tap OK. If it doesn't, exit preware, run the Device Info app, select the button at the bottom of the screen labeled Restart Options then select the Restart button on the screen that opens.
    - After your phone restarts, open preware
    - Pull down the menu in the top left corner of the screen & select Saved Packages

- HERE'S AN IMPORTANT STEP - scroll through the list that comes up on screen. You need to delete any calendar patches other than UberCalendar and the Advanced Calendar patch. You do this by swiping the entry to the right & tapping the Delete button that appears in it's place.

- To make it easier to deal with conflicts, we're going to install UberCalendar before any other patches. To do this, tap on the UberCalendar entry on the list & tap the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
    - When installation completes, it'll say a Luna restart is required - tap the button labeled Later (in normal situations, you'd ALWAYS select OK, but we're doing a short cut here)
    - Do a back swipe to return to the Saved Packages list
    - Tap the Install All button at the bottom of the screen. This will re-install all of your patches. If you receive an error message, just select OK. The error message comes up if preware tries to install a patch that conflicts with one already installed (UberCalendar in this case) and saying OK just skips installing the incompatible patch.
    - When installation completes, if preware shows a screen saying a Luna restart is required, tap OK to restart. If it doesn't, close preware, run the Device Info app, tap Restart options, tap Restart
    - After the phone restarts, the last thing we need to do is update your Saved Packages list so it reflects what is currently installed. To do this, open preware, pull down the menu, select Saved Packages, tap the Update button then exit preware when it's done.

That's it. You're done & UberCalendar should be ready for you to use along with whatever other patches you've installed.
    sshaka and frantid like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    How can I get all-day events to show up in month view?
    On the phones they just display as colors. Look in the preferences, under month view
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just got a shiping confirmation for my pre3. Can I have some hope to be able to put UC on this baby soon?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    sshaka likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just got a shiping confirmation for my pre3. Can I have some hope to be able to put UC on this baby soon?
    Congratulations. If my french Pre3 ever comes, I can start to work on it. I don't think there is a current emulator or doctor for it. So all dev work has to be done on the device.