Page 150 of 207 FirstFirst ... 50100140145146147148149150151152153154155160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Unfortunately, while it's possible to configure extra colors, it's not possible to add the image files needed for those colors to work with a patch.
    Drat. I was really hoping that something could be done about this. Well I guess I'll have to wait for HP to implement this into one of their updates. Hopefully this will be incorporated into the Pre 3.
    I am interested in increasing the font used by the Palm Pre in the calendar. Does anyone know how to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOS View Post
    I am interested in increasing the font used by the Palm Pre in the calendar. Does anyone know how to do?
    I am afraid this would be a very large undertaking. The font is hard coded in a lot of places and files.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I can't seem to get invitations to work right. I am using a google calendar for this.

On my Pre 2, I create an event. I add participants - it automatically adds me then I pick my wife from Contacts. I backswipe to close the event. The event shows up in my calendar on phone & web page. Nothing else seems to happen.

Is my wife supposed to get an email with an invite? Is it supposed to show up in her calendar with an invite? I'm not sure what's supposed to happen next so I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does the google calendar have to be one that we share? The one I tested with isn't shared.

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I can't seem to get invitations to work right. I am using a google calendar for this.

On my Pre 2, I create an event. I add participants - it automatically adds me then I pick my wife from Contacts. I backswipe to close the event. The event shows up in my calendar on phone & web page. Nothing else seems to happen.

Is my wife supposed to get an email with an invite? Is it supposed to show up in her calendar with an invite? I'm not sure what's supposed to happen next so I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does the google calendar have to be one that we share? The one I tested with isn't shared.

Help!
    She should get the invite.

a couple of quick things to check:

if you go back in the event how many attendees are listed?
    You should be able to tap the attendees list, it should open a scene showing you as organizer and her as the other.
    If those are ok, go online to google web site and see if the event has attendees listed. If all those are okay it should be working.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    She should get the invite.

a couple of quick things to check:

if you go back in the event how many attendees are listed?
    You should be able to tap the attendees list, it should open a scene showing you as organizer and her as the other.
    If those are ok, go online to google web site and see if the event has attendees listed. If all those are okay it should be working.
    Not at a computer-will check later.

When I go back into the event, it only shows 1 participant - me as organizer.

Does it matter what type of email is selected for a participant? Does it have to be gmail say?
    It should take any email address. Can you add any other email? I'm wondering if the people picker is working.
    I just tried it. It was having problems syncing up. Try adding your wife again, then change the icon or note. I think webos is not considering the attendee change to be enough to be a sync'able change.

You might try a sync now after exiting the event.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I recently saw a Google event show in my calendar. AND the timezone stuff. I know I haven't been following this thread (or much else on P|C) lately due to being on 1.4.5, but ... wow!

Meta, Frantid: thanks for keeping the calendar goodness coming!
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    I just tried it. It was having problems syncing up. Try adding your wife again, then change the icon or note. I think webos is not considering the attendee change to be enough to be a sync'able change.

You might try a sync now after exiting the event.
    Changing something else DID cause it to save the participant list. The contact picker works fine - I can pick anyone & select which email address to use. This time, I added another one of mine & I haven't received an email yet.

Interestingly, I checked the google calendar mobile site & the event is NOT there in any way. I have manually synced from the palm menu a few times.

BTW Remember I'm on a Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1 & UberCalendar 2.0.1-3.
    Changing something else DID cause it to save the participant list. The contact picker works fine - I can pick anyone & select which email address to use. This time, I added another one of mine & I haven't received an email yet.

Interestingly, I checked the google calendar mobile site & the event is NOT there in any way. I have manually synced from the palm menu a few times.

BTW Remember I'm on a Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1 & UberCalendar 2.0.1-3.
    I remember 201, I really dislike Verizon for not releasing 2.1
    so many google problems with 201.

I'm trying to see why it won't save the change now.

I remember 201, I really dislike Verizon for not releasing 2.1
    so many google problems with 201.

I'm trying to see why it won't save the change now.
    Just to let you know, everything still looks fine on the phone (icon, note, title, 3 participants), but it still isn't showing up on google calendar web page and no invites in email. Have manually synched calendar multiple times. It's been over 12 hours so I guess if it WAS going to sync, it would have by now.
    Just to let you know, everything still looks fine on the phone (icon, note, title, 3 participants), but it still isn't showing up on google calendar web page and no invites in email. Have manually synched calendar multiple times. It's been over 12 hours so I guess if it WAS going to sync, it would have by now.
    I would delete that one then or it will become a problem child for 201. Then make sure you can get a good sync of a new event, to try again. I think I'm making progress on the error of not syncing the change.

@govotsos I uploaded some updated versions for 201. It should fix the need to change something after adding the attendees.

sync behaviors here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3024591-post8.html

UC here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3024632-post2876.html

Finally!
    MetaView and I talked, for now UC for touchpad posts should go here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-touchpad.html

until, it's fully ported then we can bring the conversation back here.

Phone or general UC related posts please post in this thread.

thanks.

MetaView likes this.
    For those with verizon Pre2's, I just verified the doctor has the same files as the other Pre2's. So you should be able to use all the same 2.1 versions as everyone else. It seems Verizon didn't demand any changes after the year of testing.

@frantid I've basically given up on trying to get the invitations to work. Other than adding participants on the phone, nothing else seems to happen. What's worse, if Calendar syncs to google (or I do a sync now) it becomes a bad entry & the Calendar will no longer sync _to_ google - it still syncs _from_ google.

I've tried all I can think of but I've had to do erase all apps & data 3 times to get the calendar synching back (not 3 times in a row, 3 times after synching broke). I think I'm just going to let it be & just do invites from google for right now
    Makes sense. That's on 2.0.1 right? Or was that after the update?
    Makes sense. That's on 2.0.1 right? Or was that after the update?
    That was on 2.0.1 before the update.

BTW _please_ don't take this as a criticism of your work - it's not. It's just that I no longer feel comfortable dealing with the (entirely voluntary) consequences of testing on my main device.