Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    2 AM
    4 AM
    12 PM
    1 PM

?
    Yes, just like in the day view.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Just connect your pre to PC, click use as a USB drive, open the pre/USB by searching on my computer, within the pre/usb right click on an empty area, click create new folder.... name it scrims..... open scrims (the folder that you just created).... right click in scrims to make a new folder, name it Ubercalendar..... open uber calendar and store the images and close everything, disconnect the USB drive and you have the calender working the way you want.
    And restart the phone!
    The calendar will open in the view which you last used. (i.e. if you closed the calendar in day view=it opens next time in day view; if in week view, or month view=opens in the same)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

I normally use the 'default to month view' patch and of course it won't install and the instructions said it's best not to install any other calendar patches when using this patch.

So is there a way of having it default to the month view when using this patch, if not can this feature be added?

Rob
    Last edited by blessedkdg; 06/12/2010 at 11:31 PM.
    @jklong03 - that's correct; i noticed that this patch will not install in preware if you have "open to week view" or "open to month view" installed, or some other calendar patches (i.e. save as new event)

@metaview great patch!

Quote Originally Posted by jklong03 View Post
    Well not sure what fixed it. Removed an earlier calendar patch (Open on Month view one)...and it installed this time!

Good patch, nice additional functions! Much appreciated!
  5.    #285  
    @kkhanmd: I only have 1 or 2 icons and only on tuesdays and it's already slow. It needs to requery every event for getting the notes. It could only speed up when I find a way to get a bunch of event notes at once...
    the icons show up in the photo app, that's right and I would call it a design flaw of the photo app. You could try to set the folder to hidden.
    This did not work, at least when setting the hidden flag via Internalz.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I have an existing folder for the Ultimate Top Bar Icons patch and they are using a 'scrim' folder but we are naming it '.scrims' so that the folder his hidden and the icons or pictures won't show up in the 'photos' app, since they are just system icons or pictures. No need to waste time having the Photo app searching for these things.

Is it possible that this patch (the ubercalendar patch) can use the hidden folder of '.scrims'?
    This did work (of course Ubercalendar doesn't know to look here yet).

Also see this thread: Please, Use .app-storage for file storage.
    Thanks so much, I will try that.
    @kkhanmd: I only have 1 or 2 icons and only on tuesdays and it's already slow. It needs to requery every event for getting the notes. It could only speed up when I find a way to get a bunch of event notes at once...
    Palm had similar problems too w pre, it took really long to move from one day to another day. I thought the problem was: the calendar was trying to sync with google and palm profile before displaying the events. I hope uber calender is not doing that trying to sync w profile before displaying results in the month view.

Why would icons not slow the week view and slow the month view? Plus are you overclocking?

A lot of times wen Jason R is unable to work something, he just contacts palm developers and they give him newer ideas. Is that possible?

Plus I do like the idea of uber calender recognizing .scrims instead of scrims so it does not show up in photo roll. Or maybe it already does.

I am indeed sorry you are having a hard time, but dont give up, so close! There has to be a way of querying all events at the same time, I bet it is already being done otherwise the month view would be very slow right now.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9.    #289  
    There is a way to query a bunch of events, the problem is the fields subject, alarm and note aren't part of the answer. And the week view has the same problem but the week only render 3*7 days, the month view renders 3*30 days. I will try to ask Palm, maybe I get an answer how to use protected API calls...
    One of the best patches out there especially if you use HB Agenda.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This would be my holy grail, the ability to launch into contacts and grab a contact and have the event location fill in the address. The address is already entered in the contact item, so why not take advantage?

Good work on this one here. Simply put: great patch.
    Hey Meta, Does Palm actually help you out with Patches? That would be amazing, cause palm should be kissing you *** right now, cause their calender sucked ***.

You have improved the calender (almost) to the point that i don't need any more features.
  13.    #293  
    thx

Ability to add attendees or fill out the location with some contact's address are still additions for later updates.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I hope ability to select icons through drop down menu and maybe ability to rename an ICON would come too.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    thx

Ability to add attendees or fill out the location with some contact's address are still additions for later updates.
    Excellent. An additional request would be to have additional colors to pick from for the calendars. I have enough calendars that I have exhausted the color options and am having to reuse them.

Good work here.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi

Is there some way to see all the little dots with different colors when selecting all calendars in month view?

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Hi

Is there some way to see all the little dots with different colors when selecting all calendars in month view?

Thank you
    In the next update there will be icons (small tiny pictures of whatever you want,) instead of colors. You can choose to have a picture of square block of color if you want to just see color.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thx

looking forward to that, any idea when will that be?
    Hi, I'm a new Pre owner and have been having withdrawal weaning myself from DateBk6...I have been a user of that program since it started as "Week View" on my Palm IIIxe many, many years ago. I've tried running it in Classic, but even though it's "approved" it just does not work well.

I just downloaded your program and already it looks great. It's the first homebrew application I've installed!

My apologies if this question has already been asked (I just can't find time to read all 15 pages of this thread!): Is there a way to compress the day view so that only items on the calendar are listed, thereby eliminating the need to scroll through the day to see all appointments? If not, is it possible for you to create that option? Also, I'm not used to the 24-hour clock. Will you have the option to use am/pm instead?

Great app, I really appreciate your creating this. I will very happily buy this!

Thanks,
    Katherine
    If you have more then 1 event in a certain day it should compress the calender in between the 2 events and tell you how much (free time) you have.

Also,24 hour clock?

Okay it's in the (date and Time app) switch to 12hour.

update:

When in calender, Go into prefs, Then make sure your day doesn't start at like 1am or something, I have mine set from 7am till about 11 at night. This will make it a little easier to look for stuff.
    hope you enjoy your new toy.

Hit the thanks button if I helps.