Page 149 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152153154159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Check the preference guide in my signature on one of my other posts. Using my phone now and it doesn't post the signature.
    Thank you very much for the direction to the preference guide, that was exactly what I was looking for. I already loved this patch and now I have a better understanding and more love for it. Thanks a lot for your hard work!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

as I'll be in vacation very soon, I post here the latest translation patch for french, german and spanish.
    ATM available for WebOS 2.1 only.

Please test and let me know, particularly if the timezones, cities, countries, etc... are translated well for your language.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    @swieder - I believe it is file mgr service 2.0.7

@kratus - thanks, I can't do exchange because that service is not patchable.
    Strange that I am already running 2.0.7 and the install for UC failed thru Internalz Pro 1.5. It worked with the updated version of QI.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @ frantid,
    I tested my last translation patch for all languages, and I found that the scene that displays the current timezone:
    - seems to allways display "Europe/Paris" (even when I set my device to other timezones)
    - seems not to translate (should be "Europa/Paris" in german, for example)

Could you have a look at it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Strange that I am already running 2.0.7 and the install for UC failed thru Internalz Pro 1.5. It worked with the updated version of QI.
    That is odd. There wasn't a log for the error was there?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @ frantid,
    I tested my last translation patch for all languages, and I found that the scene that displays the current timezone:
    - seems to allways display "Europe/Paris" (even when I set my device to other timezones)

I'll look at it.

The "current timezone" is the timezone of the event. So if you create an event in the new timezone it should change.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    @ frantid,

I don't know why it is not translating the timezone after the "Current Timezone:" It should, could be a bug or maybe it's on purpose. I noticed they never show the actual timezone name in the "date and time" app. They just show the city, country and description. Maybe the timezone manager service can't take localized strings???

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'll look at it.

The "current timezone" is the timezone of the event. So if you create an event in the new timezone it should change.
    Ok, I misunderstood this. I thought it displayed the current timezone the device is set in. I tested with events created in other timezones, and it displays correctly.
    I noticed they never show the actual timezone name in the "date and time" app.
    That was the clue!
    I imported all the tranlation strings from the "date and time" app into UberCalendar Localization patch, and I thought all the timezone names translations would be made available.
    Actually, the "date and time" app contains no translations for "Europe" or "Atlantic" or "Pacific" or whatever timezone name.
    I'll add them anually, if I find a complete list of them.
    Thank you for making me see what was wrong.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well, it does not work yet.
    In fact I think that in
    Code:
    msgDiv.innerHTML = $L('Current Timezone') + ': ' + $L(this.eventTimezone);
    this.eventTimezone returns as string like "Europe/Paris".
    This string should be split into two strings (before "/" and after "/")
    and localized like this:
    Code:
    msgDiv.innerHTML = $L('Current Timezone') + ': ' + $L(firstString)+'/'+ $L(secondString);
    Could you implement this?

It won't work with the "/"? I think I'd have to change the list setup. The timezone manager needs unlocalized strings. I just tried and it gave me errors. So I'd have to create a string just for display purposes. I'll play with it and see if I can make it work.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well, with the "/", I would have to integrate every possible combination of "region/city" into the translations, I think.
    So, for translated display purposes only, I'd need them separated.

Well, with the "/", I would have to integrate every possible combination of "region/city" into the translations, I think.
    So, for translated display purposes only, I'd need them separated.
    I thought you were going on vacation. Put down the gadgets & relax
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I thought you were going on vacation. Put down the gadgets & relax
    Only tomorrow.
    Perfectionist, you know...

Kratus, don't know if you are still around. I just modified the 2.1 version. If you can test it to see if it works. If successful, I will update the others.

If you are already gone, I'll do it when you get back. Have a good break.

2.x here

@all - you don't have to test unless you want to see the timezone translations.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    So I noticed that there are a limited variety in colors to choose from to differentiate each calender. Is there any way to add more colors either by a color selector or some other process? It was really nice on my Centro to have this opption and I hope there is some way to bring it to the webOS.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Kratus, don't know if you are still around. I just modified the 2.1 version. If you can test it to see if it works. If successful, I will update the others.
    I'm still there for a few hours...
    I just tested, and it works like a charm!
    Thank you very much, frantid.

I'll submit the translation patch to preware in a few minutes, when I'll be at my computer.
    (Last thing before 2 weeks of vacation.)

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Translation update.
    Available via Preware "very Soon".
    Attached Files Attached Files

"Happy holidays to @Kratus and to all." : "Felices vacaciones para Kratus y para todos."

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaptrax View Post
    So I noticed that there are a limited variety in colors to choose from to differentiate each calender. Is there any way to add more colors either by a color selector or some other process? It was really nice on my Centro to have this opption and I hope there is some way to bring it to the webOS.
    Unfortunately, while it's possible to configure extra colors, it's not possible to add the image files needed for those colors to work with a patch.

Updated patches for translation fixes:

2.x here

1.4.5 here.

You don't need to update from last version unless you want to see the timezone translations.