Page 148 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Unfortunately, to make it so they don't overlap requires modifying the calendar service. I can not modify the java calendar service in 1.4.5.
    Understood. Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me!
    I've been playing with Kratus's feature request. I think I have a decent solution, but I thought I'd post the proposed concept for comments. That way I can modify as needed before working on all the different patch versions.

I have added a property to the UC groups options to allow the user to set whether that group is a work week group. If you set the group as work week 'on', it will then display that group in work week only. This new setting will override the work week only preference. So if your default is 5 days in week view and you set a group to work week 'off', it will display 7 days. The same is true if your default is 7 days, a work week group will display 5 days. The week enhanced view will still be the master switch, setting off overrides all settings.

If you don't have a group selected, it will use the work week only setting.

Comments, better ideas??

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    And a feature request: I use UC groups. Some groups are for work, and therefore should be displayed in work week view, and some groups are for private purposes, and therefore should be displayed in full week view.
    Is it possible to set workweek view in UC settings, and to add a per-group setting in UC groups to enable groups to override this setting and display the desired group in full week view?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Sounds very good.
    It's exactly what I meant.
    Thank you for working on it!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Added a property to the UC groups options to allow the user to set whether that group is a work week group. If you set the group as work week 'on', it will then display that group in work week only. This new setting will override the work week only preference. So if your default is 5 days in week view and you set a group to work week 'off', it will display 7 days. The same is true if your default is 7 days, a work week group will display 5 days. The week enhanced view will still be the master switch, setting off overrides all settings.

If you don't have a group selected, it will use the work week only setting.

You must go into "Calendar View Options" to set the group work week setting for it to work.

2.x here

1.4.5 here.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I probalby missed the part in this thread about UC Groups, but I can't seem to get them to work. I have several different groups but can't designate any of my events into a group. How am I supposed to do this? If it makes any difference, I am running 1.4.5 on my Pre Plus.
    The groups are a way to display your calendars together. Like several work related calendars or family calendars. Unfortunately, you can't assign events to a group.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    The groups are a way to display your calendars together. Like several work related calendars or family calendars. Unfortunately, you can't assign events to a group.
    Then what can I do with Groups and how do I use them? Is there any "How To's" in this Thread or somewhere else?
    Check the preference guide in my signature on one of my other posts. Using my phone now and it doesn't post the signature.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid,

I just installed v4-6 on my pre2.
    It works flawlessly.
    Thank you very much for adding this.

Just one thing: for localization purposes, and due to the lack of space in UC groups settings, could you use another string for UC groups settings?
    For example, "workweek".
    This way we could have the current string in UC settings, and something shorter in UC groups settings.
    Some languages need a lot more characters than english to say the same thing. The current string needs 3+ lines to display in UC groups settings, for some languages.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    For example, "workweek".
    I thought I put it as "Work week" in the groups and "Work week only" in the preferences. I can take out the space if it makes it better.

Or maybe something like "Mon-Fri" in the group setting?

Your call.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    "work week" will do it best, I think.

"work week" will do it best, I think.
    Ok, you want me to change from "Work week" to "work week" with the space? Just making sure

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Ok, you want me to change from "Work week" to "work week" with the space? Just making sure
    To be as accurate as possible:
    "Work week only" in the preferences
    "Work week" in the groups

To be as accurate as possible:
    "Work week only" in the preferences
    "Work week" in the groups
    Thanks.

I'll double check all the patch files, I believe that is what I had put in there, but I'll make sure. Thanks again, Kratus.

edit: You are right, the change I made did not get put in the patches. doh
    Last edited by frantid; 07/27/2011 at 09:04 AM.

Updated patches for translations. Fixed Veer patches and 2.1 versions. 1.4.5 and 2.0.1 were ok.

2.x here

I'm hoping this will be the final version, for Preware submission.

I'm not sure if anyone has had a chance to test google calendar invites? It would be great to get some feedback on if it is working correctly. Based on the current feedback, perhaps it is not an important feature?

I uninstalled UC via Preware, did a luna restart, tried to install 40-6 via Internalz on my Pre+ running 1.4.5 and the install failed.

I can't seem to find the log file to provide more information on the failure. I did a device reset and tried to install the patch again. Still no success.

EDIT: I tried installing the patch with WOSQI and got the attached messsage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swieder; 07/27/2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I uninstalled UC via Preware, did a luna restart, tried to install 40-6 via Internalz on my Pre+ running 1.4.5 and the install failed.

I can't seem to find the log file to provide more information on the failure. I did a device reset and tried to install the patch again. Still no success.

EDIT: I tried installing the patch with WOSQI and got the attached messsage.
    You need to update to QI 4.2.3 and File Manager. There was a change in the Preware server that required updates to them to apply local patches. It is because it needs to get the AUPT scripts.

You need to update to QI 4.2.3 and File Manager. There was a change in the Preware server that required updates to them to apply local patches. It is because it needs to get the AUPT scripts.
    I updated QI and was able to install the 40-6 patch of UC for 1.4.5. Thanks.

Is there an update for Internalz that I should be seeing via Preware so that Internalz works too?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone has had a chance to test google calendar invites? It would be great to get some feedback on if it is working correctly. Based on the current feedback, perhaps it is not an important feature?
    I tried to, but on shared calendars, and it did not work, as you mentionned.
    I use invites only for my work, and my work calendar is under exchange, that is not (yet?) supported by UC.

On my Touchpad, invites with exchange can be managed from the stock calendar app. So there is perhaps hope it could be implemented in UC? Or at least on the upcoming WebOS 2.3 (Pre3)?

@swieder - I believe it is file mgr service 2.0.7

@kratus - thanks, I can't do exchange because that service is not patchable.