Page 143 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    After reading the reviews saying Calendar on Touchpad is essentially 1.x calendar blown up, I sure hope UberCalendar is ready to go TOMORROW I really can't believe that, with all that screen real estate, they stuck with the stupid "strip" date picker!
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    After reading the reviews saying Calendar on Touchpad is essentially 1.x calendar blown up, I sure hope UberCalendar is ready to go TOMORROW I really can't believe that, with all that screen real estate, they stuck with the stupid "strip" date picker!
    I haven't really played with it. I have a vacation coming up, so I can read more about Enyo.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

Update:31 Aug 2012 -- Added 12, 18 hour event alarms.

Update:12 Jun 2012 -- Added popup to month view. Hold on day to popup. If no events that day it will not popup. Added a popup for events in week view. Hold on an event to make it pop up. Added preference (under day view enhanced) and changes for minute popup in day view to choose minutes of new event from a tap. Fixed not being able to scroll to 23:00 when shrink day view is on. Sped up icon parsing.

31 Jan. Updated Preware version.

Update: 24 Jan 2012 -- added advanced copy pieces

Update: 4 Jan 2012 -- added 75 minutes as a default duration choice.

edit: 24 Nov: add duration button in datetime scene. Tap for changing the end time. Hold to change the start time. You can set in preferences whether you want the button as a link in the duration text or in the title with the "@" symbol.

edit: 15 Sep: added preference for setting UC groups first in calendar selector button

edit: 29 July -- translation fixes

edit: 26 July -- added work week setting to UC groups, you can now set whether a group should be shown as work week only. You must go into "Calendar View Options" to set the group work week setting for it to work.

edit: 24 July bug fixes

edit: 23 July - added work week view.

edit: 6 July - fixed translations.

I finally updated 1.4.5.

I made a little progress. What I have setup, is a manual time change scene. However, I put in an option to fill in the information from the timezone service. It will populate the adjustment with the rules. You really need to know if the place you want is in Daylight Savings Time or not. Then toggle the button, hit apply.

I make a guess on DST, based upon whether your current location is in DST. Therefore, I make no guarantees as to accuracy. If it is important, YOU really need to double check the time. I really don't want anyone to miss a flight based on it.

Edit: If the timezone doesn't support daylight savings, I disable the toggle. So those areas are as accurate as the timezone rules on the device.

Use it as described in the 2.1 description:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3005074-post2829.html

Thanks for testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 08/31/2012 at 08:06 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I haven't really played with it. I have a vacation coming up, so I can read more about Enyo.
    That would be nice!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Thanks to the portability of MetaView's code and Jason's Unified Diff Creator, here's your chance to test.

I expect functionality to work without problems - once we see if it installs.

The problems will be how it looks - a lot of css might need tweaking to make it look right. So please post screenshots of problems as I do not have a way to test this at all.
    It works just fine on my Veer. I spent 10min playing with calendar and haven't noticed any problems so far.

Frantid - that's UberCool

Thanks, Kreso

ps. Installation didn't work with WBQUI v4.1.1 - I upgraded to V4.2 and it works just fine (Fixed .patch applying using the new AUPT script urls)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    And the WebOS Doctor for 3.0 is out!
    http://m.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-...-now-available
    So anything needed to create a great calendar patch seems to be in place...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    So my Touchpad arrived this morning .
    This post has been writen on it.

The calendar is... Well...

Examples:
    - in week view, all day events are shown before 12 am
    - minute interval is set to 1 . Scrolling to 30 is a pain...
    - no datepicker
    - no possibility to drag an event to change its time

Congratulations on the touchpad. Sounds like it needs some work. I was really hoping the larger scale would need less patching. I guess I have a lot of reading to do...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Congratulations on the touchpad. Sounds like it needs some work. I was really hoping the larger scale would need less patching. I guess I have a lot of reading to do...
    Thank you.
    I'd like to dive in too, during my summer hollyday.
    Do you know if there is already a book I can read about Enyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Thank you.
    I'd like to dive in too, during my summer hollyday.
    Do you know if there is already a book I can read about Enyo?
    I don't know of a book; the sdk has docs, a tutorial and examples. That's what I'm going to read anyway.

I would like to start updating the Preware feeds. Based upon the numbers of views or downloads and no new issue posts.

I am assuming it's ok to update the 2.1 version. (21 testers no issues posted yet)

How about the veer? (8 testers, any issues?)

1.4.5 has only 4 testers, not including myself.

2.0.1 - I can't update it until the Preware server gets updated. The server is using a different image than what is on the Verizon Pre2. I will still update the local version to the same 2.1 version features. I was really hoping Verizon was going to put the update out.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Frantid,
    Had no time working on it these last days, but I would like to make sure everything is localizable in the last timezone additions.
    Can you wait 1 or 2 days more?

no problem.

Currently, my daily calendar view seems to be laid out in 30 minute increments. Is it possible to lay it out in 15 minute increments so that if I have an appointment at 9:15-9:30 AM and another one at 9:30-10:00 AM they won't appear to be overlapping?

P.S. I'm running WebOS 1.4.5. Thanks for creating this AWESOME patch!
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/05/2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,

I just looked into the localization of the latest timezone additions.

To enable the localization of the timezone name, could you please add this (in red)?
    Code:
    in setup : function(widget)
    	msgDiv.innerHTML = $L('Current Timezone') + ': ' + $L(this.eventTimezone);

The scene title "Choose city" seems not to be localizable.
    Is there a way to make it localizable, as for "Choose the nearest major city" is, without having to create a version of uber-tz-listcontainer.html for each locale?

The "Cancel" button can not be localized in uber-timezone.html

Could you please have a look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    The scene title "Choose city" seems not to be localizable.
    Is there a way to make it localizable, as for "Choose the nearest major city" is, without having to create a version of uber-tz-listcontainer.html for each locale?
    I am able to do the others, but the "Choose City" seems like a bug or missing feature. It only appears if you do a search, and I can't override it during the search. It only wants to take the hard coded version. In both 1.4.5 and 2.1.

I think maybe it is best to just leave out the hard coded "Choose City". If someone is searching, they know they have to pick a city.

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Currently, my daily calendar view seems to be laid out in 30 minute increments. Is it possible to lay it out in 15 minute increments so that if I have an appointment at 9:15-9:30 AM and another one at 9:30-10:00 AM they won't appear to be overlapping?

P.S. I'm running WebOS 1.4.5. Thanks for creating this AWESOME patch!
    Glad you like it.

I'm not sure it is possible while displaying text and icons, etc in the event. The 30 min height is a minimum for the font size.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I am able to do the others, but the "Choose City" seems like a bug or missing feature. It only appears if you do a search, and I can't override it during the search. It only wants to take the hard coded version. In both 1.4.5 and 2.1.

I think maybe it is best to just leave out the hard coded "Choose City". If someone is searching, they know they have to pick a city.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes, I think it will be obvious enough.

Updated 2.1 and 1.4.5 for fix in translations. You do not need to update if you don't want to test the new translations.

2.1 version

1.4.5 version

@Kratus - please let me know if these test out ok, then I'll submit updates to Preware. thanks.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid,

I just tested the 2.1 version.
    It works flawlessly.
    Thank you!

I'm just waiting for the spanish and german translations for the new strings, from the usual contributors, and I'll submit the updated localization patch (including localization of all timezone names).