Page 142 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    I haven't done the backend. Just playing with making buttons... any objections to this button arrangement:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Very nice.
    Why two icons?
    One for start time timezone and one for end time timezone?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Very nice.
    Why two icons?
    One for start time timezone and one for end time timezone?
    Yes, it's so I can tell whether the user wants to adjust the start or the end time. I'm not going to actually change the timezone, just do the conversion so it is at the right time. Because of the whole calendar can't understand 2 timezones issue.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'll start looking at that, simple is sometimes better.
    Frantid,
    your work is really getting the calendar useful for all people travelling and changing timezones. I used to key in these events in the Google calendar and sync them to the Pre. With your work it also should be possible to really use the Pre.

thanks,
    gkd5mao
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi,

btw, using small screen on Veer reminded my on my old wish - could you make week view to display only working week (Mon-Fri) ?

I've just tried to install UberCalendar on my new Veer, but installation fails. Here's what I got in log :

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 25 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$29$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index e1ed3b4..bca47e6 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    Hi,

btw, using small screen on Veer reminded my on my old wish - could you make week view to display only working week (Mon-Fri) ?

I've just tried to install UberCalendar on my new Veer, but installation fails. Here's what I got in log :

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 25 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The text leading up to this was:
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$29$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index e1ed3b4..bca47e6 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    There isn't a veer version yet I'm afraid.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make one. Once I do, I'll need really brave testers though as I can't test it all myself.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    There isn't a veer version yet I'm afraid.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make one. Once I do, I'll need really brave testers though as I can't test it all myself.
    Cool. Count on me for testing.

Kreso

ps. any chance for working week view ?

Kreso

I'll look into it. It will probably take a while though.

Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

Because of a change in WebOS Internals server, you must use webOS Quick Install 4.2 or later to install a local patch. Internalz needs an updated fileManager service 2.0.7 or later to work.

edit: 6 July - fixed translations.

Updated UC for 2.1 to include support for changing times of an event based upon the timezone. This version differs from the Preware version to include updates from the following 2 versions:

http://forums.precentral.net/2982900-post2779.html

201 latest version is here as well:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2920301-post2560.html

1.4.5 latest version with timezones is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3011873-post2843.html

Timezone converter - It converts the time based upon the chosen timezone so that it appears correct in the local timezone that your device is currently in. It does NOT change the timezone for the event.

To convert the time to the right timezone for the start or end time, set the time as it would be in the timezone that you want. For example a flight leaves Amsterdam at 11:00 arrives same day New York 15:30. Once you enter start and end times, tap the 2 clocks button to change the start time. You will get a pop up with the list of all active timezones from all your calendar events. Tap the correct one for Amsterdam, it will change the time to the correct local time. Then you can tap the 2 clocks button next to the end time and choose the correct timezone for New York.

Because of the way webOS checks start and end times after time changes, it is best to adjust the start time first.

If the timezones that you need are not currently loaded in the calendar service, scroll to the bottom of the list (some people won't have to scroll if they only use their local timezone). Tap the item that says "Tap to retrieve more timezones" It will load all available timezones on the device, it may take a few seconds. You can search by typing in a major city, country, part of a description (i.e. "European Time"). It will filter the list. Then you can tap the correct one.

Thanks for testing. I have not heard any bad feedback for the older 21_3-3 version. I hope that means there aren't any issues.

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 07/06/2011 at 05:51 AM.

Kreso

+1 here. After 2 years with Pre, I switched to ATT just to stay with webOS... and forgot how worthless the stock calendar is. I MUST be able to see text descriptions in week view for scheduling my work... so much that it's a deal breaker. I'll most likely move to the Pre3 once it comes... but still, having this on the Veer would be great, since my wife has one too.

thanks for all the awesome work!
    Since I don't really need this timezone thingy, are there any other changes in this release that would need any testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Since I don't really need this timezone thingy, are there any other changes in this release that would need any testing?
    Not really. I did code cleanup in the jumpto, edit and datetime scenes, but it's not code that should have caused issues. For instance it now looks correct if you were searching templates and you tap outside of the templates dialog instead of using the cancel button or back gesture.

Thanks for the question, I forgot to add that part.

edit 23 July. VEER patches updated and moved here.

Kreso

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    +1 here. After 2 years with Pre, I switched to ATT just to stay with webOS... and forgot how worthless the stock calendar is. I MUST be able to see text descriptions in week view for scheduling my work... so much that it's a deal breaker. I'll most likely move to the Pre3 once it comes... but still, having this on the Veer would be great, since my wife has one too.

thanks for all the awesome work!
    edit: 16 July - added version for EU 2.1.1 Veer.

Thanks to the portability of MetaView's code and Jason's Unified Diff Creator, here's your chance to test.

I expect functionality to work without problems - once we see if it installs.

The problems will be how it looks - a lot of css might need tweaking to make it look right. So please post screenshots of problems as I do not have a way to test this at all.
    Last edited by frantid; 07/23/2011 at 11:08 AM.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just installed 21-3_3 and it works flawlessly.
    It is just too bad that, after time conversion, there remains no way to see how it has been entered.
    Could you use the notes field to (optionaly) write down the entered times and timezones?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    It's an interesting idea. I don't have access to the note field, it's buried 2 scenes below. The datetime scene is only fed the times pieces.
    I combined the first sync patch and extended characters patch. It is here now for 2.1 non-Veer:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ors-patch.html

It's already in Preware. You have to remove the extended characters patch to avoid conflicts.

Thanks to the portability of MetaView's code and Jason's Unified Diff Creator, here's your chance to test.

I expect functionality to work without problems - once we see if it installs.

The problems will be how it looks - a lot of css might need tweaking to make it look right. So please post screenshots of problems as I do not have a way to test this at all.
    WOW that was fast!!! I installed it piece of cake with WOSQI, and BOOM my text descriptions in week view were there. I have the day enhanced off; never used it before so can't remember how that looked. Month enhanced is on, it looks OK... Seems just as snappy as I remember.

Now to donate! Thanks!

PS- let me know if there are any specific appearance issues you're looking for, and I'll try to test them.
    Hopefully we will have veers soon enough, I will be in on the testing as well...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    PS- let me know if there are any specific appearance issues you're looking for, and I'll try to test them.
    Just keep an eye out for any thing that looks wrong or buttons that you can't see. I know it's supposed to be similar to the pixi, but there where changes made to the css for the Veer.

thanks for testing.

I have a question for 1.4.5 users. Unfortunately, I can't make the same timezone changes as I did for 2.1 on 1.4.5. There isn't the same type of service. The problem is there is no way of telling if daylight savings time is in use for the new timezone in 1.4.5.

What I could do is try to put in an input or selector where you could choose the timezone offset that you want applied. i.e. you would choose -5:00 or +2:00, etc. Of course that means you have to know what the current offset is in the place you want. Not as easy as just knowing the closest major city.

So worth the effort or not?

CptOx and gizmo21 like this.