Page 14 of 207 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #261  
    I need to finish the icon part tonight/tomorrow. I have 8 slots for icons (3 in upper row, 2 left/right in the middle and 3 in the bottom row of a day) and will fill them with the events from the day. For me it looks like the icons doesn't work with days marked for allDay events. Maybe this needs to be visualized differently.
    Means I might submit to preware over the weekend.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Oh Yeah. Icons in the month view will be awesome!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Because you do not have the icons files loaded in
    Your PRE USB/scrims/ubercalendar/ folder. You need to create this folder and copy the icon files into it. The icon that appears to launch Agenda is included in the icon files, it is called menu-icon-agenda.png. In the first post the icon files are provided ubercalendar-icon.zip.
    And after that, restart your phone... Mine icons did not appear until I did Luna restart...(it was for something else, but anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    And after that, restart your phone... Mine icons did not appear until I did Luna restart...(it was for something else, but anyway)
    Good point!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I need to finish the icon part tonight/tomorrow. I have 8 slots for icons (3 in upper row, 2 left/right in the middle and 3 in the bottom row of a day) and will fill them with the events from the day. For me it looks like the icons doesn't work with days marked for allDay events. Maybe this needs to be visualized differently.
    Means I might submit to preware over the weekend.
    IMHO, I would fewer icons in a view, but make them bigger (16x16 or 20x20). Typically I have 2 or 3 items in a day that get icons.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    IMHO, I would fewer icons in a view, but make them bigger (16x16 or 20x20). Typically I have 2 or 3 items in a day that get icons.

Thanks,
    Scott
    I like just they are right now.
    My last post (#238) seems to have been overlooked. I wrote:

"Love the patch! Is it possible to change the time format in the week view from 24 hours to 12 hours with a menu item or by tying it into the Date & Time app?"
    I only get error messages when I try to install with preware or from your link. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtrauma View Post
    I only get error messages when I try to install with preware or from your link. Any ideas?
    Be sure to remove any existing calendar patches first. This is almost certain to conflict with most.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Be sure to remove any existing calendar patches first. This is almost certain to conflict with most.
    that did it what a great addition to calendar. Works well with Uber kernal
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2u View Post
    My last post (#238) seems to have been overlooked. I wrote:

"Love the patch! Is it possible to change the time format in the week view from 24 hours to 12 hours with a menu item or by tying it into the Date & Time app?"
    2 AM
    4 AM
    12 PM
    1 PM

?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Is it possible to have different background colors in the same calendar, like with the ICON= directive? It's kind of lame to have seperated calendars just for the beauty of the colors.
  13.    #273  
    I've add the icons into the month view, problem, it's now very slow. The private call to retrieve all events for a given tome frame doesn't return subject and note. Means I have to retrieve every event later on again. Then I can render the icons on the day. But with quite a delay which increases just by the number of events.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I've add the icons into the month view, problem, it's now very slow. The private call to retrieve all events for a given tome frame doesn't return subject and note. Means I have to retrieve every event later on again. Then I can render the icons on the day. But with quite a delay which increases just by the number of events.
    Have you thought about restricting the number of icons that could be added in a month? Maybe restricting to 3 icons a day and a total of 60 icons in a month? Hopefully we get GUI enhanced UI with the new web-OS device, that would help.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Great job MetaView. How do you get the icons into the internal USB drive. I am just a newbe on this end. Thanks for making the calendar usable.
    Tried down loading patch via PreWare and got an install error. Anyone else?
    Still no luck! Getting a Hunk 1 error during install.
    Well not sure what fixed it. Removed an earlier calendar patch (Open on Month view one), throttled down Govnah to stock speed and removed the "download throttle fix" patch and it installed this time!

Good patch, nice additional functions! Much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtrauma View Post
    Great job MetaView. How do you get the icons into the internal USB drive. I am just a newbe on this end. Thanks for making the calendar usable.
    Just connect your pre to PC, click use as a USB drive, open the pre/USB by searching on my computer, within the pre/usb right click on an empty area, click create new folder.... name it scrims..... open scrims (the folder that you just created).... right click in scrims to make a new folder, name it Ubercalendar..... open uber calendar and store the images and close everything, disconnect the USB drive and you have the calender working the way you want.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hi all,

I have two quick questions and hopefully they're easy to answer.

The instructions said to put the icons in the /scrim/ubercalendar folder (create the folders).

I have an existing folder for the Ultimate Top Bar Icons patch and they are using a 'scrim' folder but we are naming it '.scrims' so that the folder his hidden and the icons or pictures won't show up in the 'photos' app, since they are just system icons or pictures. No need to waste time having the Photo app searching for these things.

Is it possible that this patch (the ubercalendar patch) can use the hidden folder of '.scrims'?

And my second question:

I normally use the 'default to month view' patch and of course it won't install and the instructions said it's best not to install any other calendar patches when using this patch.

So is there a way of having it default to the month view when using this patch, if not can this feature be added?

Thanks for answers on both questions!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)