Page 138 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    So I posted the issue here:
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=71358#p71358

It seems to be a known bug.
    Not only frenchies but also german and spanish speaking people are concerned.

frantid: I would really need a workaround for this odd WebOS bug.
    It is too dangerous: even if I think at it each time, TextAssist could correct some words I would no notice.
    Could you add an option in UC for this?
    When enabled, the option would simply convert the string used as event name after the texfield has lost the focus, in case it contained any invalid character, and if the calendar is a google calendar.

I will continue testing, wich each special character I think of, and build a conversion table, and then a javascript function to convert any string into something compatible with the buggy google sync function in WebOS 2.1.
    Could you then integrate it to UC?
    Last edited by Kratus; 06/02/2011 at 01:56 AM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I can do that. No problem.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    So I attached a little javascript function that converts a string in another one that contains no special characters (I hope I forgot none).
    I coded the conversion with matches corresponding to the two languages I know well: french and german.

I tested it on both my emulator and my device. It works well, provided the file in encoded in UTF-8.

If you could integrate it in UC (WebOS 2.1 - don't know if WebOS 2.0.1 needs it too) it would be great.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $is$ $only$ $nedde$ $on$ $Google$ $calendar$ ($Exchange$ $works$, $I$ $did$ $not$ $test$ $any$ $other$ $calendar$ $service$).

And good news: on the Touchpad emulator it has been fixed, so we can hope it'll be fixed in WebOS 2.2 too.

EDIT: just added handling of one important special character for german.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 05/29/2011 at 01:59 AM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    The thing is I'm not sure if it's a webOS problem or a Google problem.
    If its the former I'm curious if my Palm Profile backup saves everything with "non-standard" characters (contacts, events etc.).
    Kratus did you transfer an existing profile to this new Pre2? Did you have accented letters etc. restored?
    Yes, I tranfered my existing profile from my old 1.4.5 Pre Plus to my new 2.1.0 Pre2, and yes, everything restored correctly, including strings with accented letters.
    As I can see, this bug only affected syncing up to the google service new events created on the 2.1 device, with event name containing accented characters.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Addendum:
    I just noticed that the bug affects the location field too: if the string in the location field of the event created on the device contains a special character, it will not sync up to Google calendar.

@ frantid: so my conversion function should be applied both to the event name field and to the event location field.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    And good news: on the Touchpad emulator it has been fixed, so we can hope it'll be fixed in WebOS 2.2 too.
    That's good news Kratus !
    Thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Sorry about the double post. I just want to say that the problem with the characters does NOT exist in Yahoo Calendar.
    I can sync to and from Yahoo Calendar and non-english fonts appear just fine.
    So it seems it's just a Google problem.
    @Loiter & @Kratus, does it also not sync if it occurs in the note?

I've been looking over gdata file, seems the same code is used to upload the note as is used in Location and event subject.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @Loiter & @Kratus, does it also not sync if it occurs in the note?
    You guessed right: it does also NOT sync if it occurs in the note.

Awesome patch.
    I have been using Ubercalendar for a while now and have started having an intermitant problem that I can't figure out. I use 4 Google calendars, all with a different color. Every couple of days all of the events for one of the calendars will change color. When I change the calendar color back, all my events for that calendar lose their reminder. I am using version 1.4.5-153 on my Pre. Any ideas why this happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeeyes View Post
    Awesome patch.
    I have been using Ubercalendar for a while now and have started having an intermitant problem that I can't figure out. I use 4 Google calendars, all with a different color. Every couple of days all of the events for one of the calendars will change color. When I change the calendar color back, all my events for that calendar lose their reminder. I am using version 1.4.5-153 on my Pre. Any ideas why this happens?
    The colors should only change by themselves if you add or remove a calendar. Is one of your accounts having problems with calendar support? This is the first I've heard of anything like this. UC doesn't touch this part of the code.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too have had this happen with my google calendar account colors. Been going on for about a month. But very sporadically. Sometimes goes a few weeks before it happens again. I had to doctor my Pre last Saturday and as I rebuilt my programs, added Preware and the like, I downloaded the UC from Preware. The color switch happened sometime during the night but has not happened again now for many days. I have found from this issue in the past, it has happened during the middle of the night when my Pre is not being used.

I will see if it happens again and post more specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The colors should only change by themselves if you add or remove a calendar. Is one of your accounts having problems with calendar support? This is the first I've heard of anything like this. UC doesn't touch this part of the code.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    @Kratus, Loiter - haven't forgot about you. Just trying to determine best place to apply fix. Also I am trying to determine how the touchpad emulator fixes the issue - perhaps I can duplicate it.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    No problem.
    Important is that a solution can be found.
    A real correction rather than a workaround would be great!

@Kratus, Loiter

I think I have it fixed for 2.1. I have posted the patch in the google sync patch thread. I don't think the fix should be limited to UC users.

See the link in my signature.

16.    #2756  
    cool
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well, I have no good news:
    I just installed your patch, and now NOTHING syncs up to google calendar anymore.
    Not only the events with special characters, but also events with nothing special.
    Syncing from Goggle calendar down to the device works like a charm, but nothing in the other direction, from the device to Google calendar.

Even events created on Google calendar, then synced down to the device, then deleted on the device, remain on the Google calendar.

Luna restart and device restart did not help.

I just uninstalled the patch, and ... nothing syncs up anymore.

Any idea?

I think I will go and doctor my device, just to be sure...

@Kratus try a phone restart. If you already had a 'frozen' event, then you need to go back edit that event to let it sync. Once frozen events get in your database, the sync has a hard time continuing as the revision numbers get messed up.

You can try uninstalling, edit any frozen, reinstalling. You should not need to doctor.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks, frantid.
    But it does not help.
    I suspect that my device is somehow messed-up.
    It has become slow and behaves oddly in some areas.
    So I'll doctor tomorrow, and I'll let you know.

Thank you again for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Thanks, frantid.
    But it does not help.
    I suspect that my device is somehow messed-up.
    It has become slow and behaves oddly in some areas.
    So I'll doctor tomorrow, and I'll let you know.

Thank you again for your work.
    I hope it wasn't anything I did. I'm still looking at the code - I thought I had it narrowed down, but maybe not.