Page 137 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1. #2721  
    No. You do not have to do anything with the preferences. Did you have an older version installed. The newer versions have additional features that remove the need for other calendar patches. So please check that all calendar patches are removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by unomog View Post
    Thanks for your very quick response. Does that mean that all UberCalendar preference settings must be returned to default before deinstalling the patch? I am not even sure that I changed them
  2. #2722  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    No. You do not have to do anything with the preferences. Did you have an older version installed. The newer versions have additional features that remove the need for other calendar patches. So please check that all calendar patches are removed.
    I rechecked the installed patches and found the one that caused the trouble. Thanks a lot for your patience!!
  3. #2723  


    glad you got it working
  4. sirasoni's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #2724  
    Is ubercalendar patch conflicting with app catalog?
  5.    #2725  
    no.
  6. #2726  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    That's what I figured, but it doesn't seem to be working for 2.0.1. It just displays the spinner indefinitely (we'll 30 minutes at least) never completing or erroring out.
    I checked the feed version for 2.0.1, it seems it did not generate correctly. I will resubmit it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7. #2727  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I checked the feed version for 2.0.1, it seems it did not generate correctly. I will resubmit it.
    Thanks. And maybe attach the patch files to first post again? Only 2 icon sets are attached now, no pathes.
  8. #2728  
    I just did the update for verizon pre + to 1.4.5.1. I did not uninstall any of the patches.
    Everything seemed to work fine after the update except ubercalendar does not appear to be installed.
    I went back to preware and found the latest version there (1.4.5-153) and attempted to install. I was unsuccessful (log follows). Does that version need to be updated for 1.4.5.1?

    Thanks...



    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 101k 100 101k 0 0 205k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 284k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    7 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    45 out of 45 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    23 out of 23 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    26 out of 26 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    18 out of 18 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-options-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    18 out of 18 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    11 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/repeat-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    31 out of 31 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendars-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/formatter_service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercategoryitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercategoryitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatemptylist.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatemptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatlistcontainer.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatlistcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/jumpto.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  9. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2729  
    I think you should have uninstalled UC before upgrading.
    You should try and EPR your phone then reinstall from Preware.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  10. #2730  
    Is there any chance of this being made compatible with sconix's 'advanced' patches?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11. #2731  
    The 2.1 version is compatible. You do not need to install the advanced calendar patch from sconix. It should work fine with MS.
  12. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2732  
    Hi,

    I am using a new Pre2 with WebOS 2.1 since a few days only.
    I just noticed that some events, created on my device DO NOT sync up to the google service. That's very annoying, since I need to sync between multiple devices.

    I tought I would go crazy when I found out that this only occurs for events with accentuated characters in the event's name.
    For example, "event" translates into "événement" in french. Events with "é" or "à" or "ù" or "ü" or "ç" in the event name field DO NOT sync up to the google service.
    Events created on the Google service with such characters DO sync down to the device, but events created on the device DO NOT sync up to Google.
    This worked flawlessly on my old 1.4.5 device.

    I uninstalled UC, just to be sure, and noticed this is NOT an UC related issue.

    So, each time I create an event on my device, I have to think to check if the string I use as event name does NOT contain any special character: this really sucks.

    So here are my questions:

    1. Is it just me, or do other users have the same issue? (users with languages that require special characters like spanish or german?)

    2. If it happens really to be a bug in webOS 2.1, and despite the fact this is not an UC related issue, could you, frantid, have a look at it and, if possible, integrate a workaround? Even if it consists of just making a test on the string used as event name, or better, convert it to a string with no special character in it, it would really be very useful to me, since I really NEED to have calendar sync working properly.

    Thank you for your feedback.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  13. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #2733  
    Kratus thanks for this post (because I have this issue), although I won't bring you good news.
    I created a greek keyboard patch some time ago in order to be able to write in my language.
    Altough I'm not a fan of Google (Big Brother issues) seeing that it would be my only chance to have my calendar syncing, I starting using Google Calendar.

    Unfortunately all events written in Greek DID not sync with Google.
    Events I created in my PC in Greek would sync with my Pre2. If I just edited the google-created event in my Pre2 then again it wouldn't sync with Google (although it was Google-created). I thought it had something to do with my homebrew patch, but from what I see you have the same issue (I guess you have an "official" language). For me it's not just letters with accents, it's every letter of my alphabet. So it seems the problem is not with "homebrew" but a more general one.
    I don't know if it can be solved, but I can see I'm not the only one having it.
  14. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2734  
    Thank you for your answer.
    Is there a way to report this officialy to HP/Palm?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #2735  
    In the dev-forum @ palm.com they usually listen to such reports.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  16. #2736  
    I'm curious, so I'll look at it.
  17. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #2737  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    In the dev-forum @ palm.com they usually listen to such reports.
    The thing is I'm not sure if it's a webOS problem or a Google problem.
    If its the former I'm curious if my Palm Profile backup saves everything with "non-standard" characters (contacts, events etc.).
    Kratus did you transfer an existing profile to this new Pre2? Did you have accented letters etc. restored?
  18. #2738  
    @kratus @loiter Did you try using any other calendar types like Yahoo or Exchange? If the characters work both ways with, say, Yahoo, you've narrowed the problem to just syncing FROM Pre TO google.
  19. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2739  
    I just tried with my exchange account at work: it works correctly on Exchange.
    I have no time before the weekend, but I'll try to create a Yahoo or other account to test on it.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  20. #2740  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm curious, so I'll look at it.
    The google transforms are too complicated for me. They are deep inside the gdata_lib.jsjsjs $javascript$ $service$ $code$.

    I am afraid I won't be much help here.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions