Page 136 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    It is the stable version. It should work. You can look at the /media/internal/webos-patches.log file to see any errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It is the stable version. It should work. You can look at the /media/internal/webos-patches.log file to see any errors.
    Yes, 201_2-9 installed fine with Internalz. Is the version on preware supposed to be multi OS? I mean if you install it it installs correctly on 1.x, 2.0.1, & 2.1? If so, something's wrong with detecting 2.0.1 - at least on MY Pre 2.
  3.    #2703  
    The patchs for the single os versions are separate files which are in the separate feeds at the end. Preware will just pick the right feed absed on your device os.

BTW, for me it installed fine on 2.1
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    The patchs for the single os versions are separate files which are in the separate feeds at the end. Preware will just pick the right feed absed on your device os.

BTW, for me it installed fine on 2.1
    That's what I figured, but it doesn't seem to be working for 2.0.1. It just displays the spinner indefinitely (we'll 30 minutes at least) never completing or erroring out.
    Hi,

I have version 2.10-11 installed on my Pre 2. Upgrading to version 2.1.0-88 via Preware failed with the following error messages in Preware IPKG Log:

begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 19 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any help would be greatly apreciated!
  6.    #2706  
    What if you first deinstall your existing patch?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I updated via preware and everything worked fine. Thank you once again!
    Will this be updated into tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure. Sconix has stated that tweak preferences should be of the set once type. I read that tweaks would not monitor other preferences in the outside apps. So the preferences would have to move to tweaks and not set in the calendar at all.

Which settings would get moved and be semi-permanent type? I don't have a valid view of it, as I have to test each preference every time I make a change to make sure I don't break anything. I'm open to suggestions.
    I'm not a dev so I'm clueless on how things work. lol.

but man I see a day where all I have to do is open up an app like tweaks and have categories like it does and be able to switch on and off every patch that is available, and it would download/install every patch automatically right at the beginning. lol.

just one big Preference App pretty much.

I live in a dream world. lol.

Maybe one day
    @frantid & @MetaView I think it might be time to update the description on first post and the "wiki" thread. There's a lot of features that UC has that people won't know about if they just read the first post.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I see no interest in it. UC is already fully customizable.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Just switched back to webOS 1.4.5 on my Pre minus (just couldn't get rid of the lag in 2.1.0).

Installed UC 1.4.5-153, dated 5/12/11, via Preware feed.
    I'm seeing an overlap in events with longer event names that also contain a location. This is in week view, and it occurs with all shrink levels. Might not be fixable but thought I would report it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    @govotsos - thanks, I'll update the guide.

@NachoB - thanks, I'll see what I can do. See if I can test for enough space to keep both.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Please forgive me for not reading all 2,700+ posts. I'm sure my problem has been addressed somewhere in there. When I try to install through Preware, it fails. I get the following log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    94 101k 94 98275 0 0 15362 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 20225
    100 101k 100 101k 0 0 15819 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 22533
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 23 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 26 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    11 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    13 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    3 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    What might be causing this issue? Thanks for any help you can give.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    You've got conflicting patches. Read and follow the directions in the first post and the wiki linked from there.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    You've got conflicting patches. Read and follow the directions in the first post and the wiki linked from there.
    Doh! I missed the most basic part of the instructions. After I removed all offending patches, installed with no problems. Thanks for your help.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    What if you first deinstall your existing patch?
    Deinstallation of older patch does not work either. Same error message in IPKG log file.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by unomog View Post
    Deinstallation of older patch does not work either. Same error message in IPKG log file.

Any ideas?
    something has modified the edit scene. Perhaps:

multiline location
    minute interval

both of those are now preference settings
    Thanks for your very quick response. Does that mean that all UberCalendar preference settings must be returned to default before deinstalling the patch? I am not even sure that I changed them