Page 135 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I want to try ubercalendar, I just have a couple of questions.
    Does it have any known issues with other patches etc?
    I mostly use sconix's advanced patches and nothing else that has to do with calendar.
    You should remove all calendar related patches. UC has incorporated all the functionality of the other patches.

You will have to remove the advanced calendar prefs patch from sconix for UC to install. However, the latest version in the thread now has the sconix required changes to work with Mode Switcher 2.x. I'm not sure about the MS version for 1.4.5 The patches were submitted to Preware yesterday. It usually takes a few days. So you can wait, if you are not comfortable with installing a local version.

Also, installing-uninstalling the patch has any effect on calendar data? I wouldnt want to lose things, especially as I can't backup my calendar except in my Palm profile which I don't trust a lot.
    The patch itself does not touch your data, only you can edit or delete your events. I do many installs and uninstalls, sometimes 5/day when testing, I have never lost any calendar data.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'm on 2.1 so I use mode switcher 2.x
    I don't have the calendar prefs though, so I guess I'm good to go.
    What version should I install? I have 2.1.0-11 in Preware. Is there a newer one in the first post?

PS You also had the garmin ique? One of my favourite devices ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I'm on 2.1 so I use mode switcher 2.x
    I don't have the calendar prefs though, so I guess I'm good to go.
    What version should I install? I have 2.1.0-11 in Preware. Is there a newer one in the first post?

PS You also had the garmin ique? One of my favourite devices ever
    This one is newer:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2920301-post2560.html

I still use my ique. gotta love "Betty" I've replaced the battery a few times.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Betty has travelled with me to so many places (OK, that sounds the wrong way).
    Thanks frantid. I'll install it later today.
  5.    #2685  
    Got an email that the patch should be approved in preware feed now.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Got an email that the patch should be approved in preware feed now.
    Yep, it is in the 2.1. feed. Update worked without problems.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Is there any chance of having an option to have longer vibrations for calendar alerts (for WebOS 2.1 devices)?
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I installed the version from the first post and I must say it is very nice. Thanks for all the good work.

I have some questions though.
    It is now available in Preware too and I don't get an "Update" option, just an install. So I have to uninstall the patch version from the first post first, right? Will furthur updates require the same procedure or will it be able to update without re-installing?

And a couple of noobish questions.
    1. I see different colors for different events in some of the screenshots, is this because of different calendars used or is there an option?
    2. Also I read that swiping an event will delete it. Although I can move an event, it seems like I cant delete it without opening and pressing the recycle bin image. The same goes for meta-tap. What am I doing wrong?
    3. The shift-tap combo. Its use is to copy an event and move it to "now" ? Am I missing anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Is there any chance of having an option to have longer vibrations for calendar alerts (for WebOS 2.1 devices)?
    You can use the repeat notifications to make it longer. I wouldn't know how to make it longer otherwise.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I tried that but it isn't what was needed. That provided many short pulses but seperated enough that I did not notice them, and when I had phone on nightstand and unmuted, it was NOISY (family has complained about multiple alarm soundings with the repeat function setup). Just wish the vibrate could last 1 or 2 seconds instead of 1/2 or less.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You can use the repeat notifications to make it longer. I wouldn't know how to make it longer otherwise.
    Would it help to look at sconix's code for changing buzz length?
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Would it help to look at sconix's code for changing buzz length?
    I can look at it. If it's just a parameter change it might work.
    @Loiter

yes can not update a local patch. You must uninstall and re-install. If you stay with Preware versions you can just update in Preware. Those versions usually are updated as new features are tested. If you want the latest beta features, use the versions in the thread. Currently, the Preware version is the same as the last beta.

To use colors, yes in webos, you need to use different calendars or use different color icons -- see NachoB's posts for an example.

Slide to delete and meta-tap have problems in 2.x. Palm needs to fix meta-tap.

Correct use orange/square + tap to copy to now. If you want to use templates, look through the guide in my signature for an explanation. No signature on this post because it's from my Pre2
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    OK, thanks. I'll then install the Preware one.

Congratulations again for you work.
    I created the directory \scrims\ubercalendar on my palm pre plus in USB mode and copied the .png icon files into it. I then created an event and selected the birthday category which results in the text ICON=birthday; appearing in the event note. However, the icon doesn't appear in my event in either day or week view.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    you have to type a dot before "scrims".
    Use Inernalz to add a dot at the begining: ".scrims" is the right folder name.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Is the version in preware compatible with 2.0.1 Pre 2? I uninstalled the manual version from here but the preware version won't install. It downloads but won't install. It doesn't gracefully fail so no error message or log to send you. I let it sit for over 30 minutes and all it did was spin.

I went to get the latest version from here, but it's no longer an attachment to the first post (at least on the mobile version on my phone). Is 2.01_2.9 considered a stable version?
    try this ~
    I'll look at the Preware version on Thursday. It should be stable, but maybe the patch didn't get generated correctly for Preware. I'm on travel and away from my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Is the version in preware compatible with 2.0.1 Pre 2? I uninstalled the manual version from here but the preware version won't install. It downloads but won't install. It doesn't gracefully fail so no error message or log to send you. I let it sit for over 30 minutes and all it did was spin.

I went to get the latest version from here, but it's no longer an attachment to the first post (at least on the mobile version on my phone). Is 2.01_2.9 considered a stable version?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'll look at the Preware version on Thursday. It should be stable, but maybe the patch didn't get generated correctly for Preware. I'm on travel and away from my desktop.
    The version in preware won't install at all. It just downloads & spins at installing. I'm wondering if the preware version is NOT compatible with a Verizon Pre 2 running OS 2.0.1. It's not a question of stability of that version, but basic compatibility.

Ubercalendar201_2-9.patch is the version you linked to higher up this page. This is the one I'm asking if it's a stable or testing build.

The first post of this thread doesn't have ANY version of the patch attached anymore - just 2 icon sets.