Page 134 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Whenever I create a new entry on the device it shows an alarm-bell, even if there is no alarm set - is this common behavior?

I've had this with 1.x aswell as with 2.1 now, though i've never read any mention of it before - maybe there is something causing this that is also causing the trobles with syncing from device to google that seems to happen to so many people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Whenever I create a new entry on the device it shows an alarm-bell, even if there is no alarm set - is this common behavior?

I've had this with 1.x aswell as with 2.1 now, though i've never read any mention of it before - maybe there is something causing this that is also causing the trobles with syncing from device to google that seems to happen to so many people!
    Are you using an older version? There was a bug with the alarm icons in 2.1.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2916267-post2523.html

But I thought it was fixed, in later versions.

I certainly hope UC is not causing sync issues. I have not experienced any sync issues.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've got the UC update to work, but now am not able to see all of my events from my Google calendars and I used to be able to before. I've restarted the Pre, synced a number of times and events from certain calendars are not showing up. I even went into Preferences, turned them all off, then turned them on one by one, but some still are missing (they still are there in Google, though). Is there a preference somewhere that I've overlooked?
    I need some more information to troubleshoot this. When you say you toggled them off and on, did you do it in the "calendar view options" or in the Accounts app? Which events are not showing up -- just specific ones or ones after or before a certain time period?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    No worries, just hoping it hadn't fallen off the radar. Would just be a nice addition.
    I'll hang tight until you have time.

thanks for the response.

DT
    I was able to play with this a little. After applying the Agenda View patch, I am able to get it to launch. However, I can not get it to switch to the Agenda View app if the app is already open. I think the Agenda View app needs to be modified to support a launch method to focus itself if it is already open. I tested the code with the contacts app and it works as expected, so I know it is the correct way to call the app.

So I could add it if enough people want it, but it is only partially effective. I guess I need more feedback here.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I need some more information to troubleshoot this. When you say you toggled them off and on, did you do it in the "calendar view options" or in the Accounts app? Which events are not showing up -- just specific ones or ones after or before a certain time period?
    Yes, in calendar view options I turned off all the Google calendars, then turned them on one by one. I have at least one Google calendar that, although shows up in the calendar view option, is not showing any of events from it (I looked a month back and ahead, no events from this calendar).

Thanks for your help.
    Yes, in calendar view options I turned off all the Google calendars, then turned them on one by one. I have at least one Google calendar that, although shows up in the calendar view option, is not showing any of events from it (I looked a month back and ahead, no events from this calendar).

Thanks for your help.
    Have you tried restarting your phone?

Of course the easiest way to see if it is the patch, is to uninstall it and see if the error comes back. edit: also which local patch did you install?

Seems to be a lot of Google calendar problems on the forums lately. Can you look through these threads to see if any of them fit your situation -- the titles may not look applicable, but until we narrow down the reason it could be any reason. Is this a sub-calendar or a main calendar for a google account? Google or Google Apps? Can you set this calendar to be your default calendar? Do you own the calendar or is it a shared calendar from someone else?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...bos-2-1-a.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-calendar.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...der-2-1-a.html

updated patch here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2920301-post2560.html

change list:

(all versions) modified colors on delete confirmation for recurring events and recurrence warning popups.

(2.x versions) did some cleanup to the reminders section, attempting to resolve repeats not working some times. Thanks malpha for the report of your problems, made me double check things.

(2.1) configured the old Homebrew Agenda button to launch Palm's Agenda app. It will not focus it, if it is already open. You don't need to patch the Agenda app for it to work.

1.4.5 users do not need to update if they are not concerned about the colors.

2.x testers please update to get everyone on the same version. makes troubleshooting easier.

Thanks for testing everyone.
    cheers

Thanks for your help.
    I had this same issue. One day I noticed that one of my google calendars was not showing up. After checking google and my acccounts, turning off and back on my calendars on the Pre, multiple restarts etc, I noticed I could create NEW calendar events in that calendar but older ones would not show up. (and by "older" I mean created before today not DATED before today)

Next I uninstalled and reinstalled the SAME version of uber Calendar (at the time 21_2_10) and voila!...everything was again visible. (uninstalled then Luna restart ...reinstalled then luna restart) I cant say what triggered this, as i had been installing some custom versions of ubercalendar trying to get the agenda button to work)...but a simple reinstall was the answer. Also since I was using both Preware and WOSQI or Internalz Pro... I made sure that Ubercalendar was not showing up in either app.

Been fine for about a week now.

hope this helps someone,

DT
    I updated to the new version and the repeat notifications are working for me now. Thanks so much!
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Testing ubercalendar21_2-11.patch and Spanish translations from UC_Intl_OS2_1_0-v2-10.patch. Repeating notifications working too.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by irisave View Post
    So will there be an update version on Preware?
    Yes. As we get in more reports from testers indicating it is stable, we will post the same versions to Preware.

I see a problem sometimes where events don't show up in day view, but if I uncompress the day view, the event is shown. The event is shown in week view. This happens with 1 of my google calendars that I have read-only access to. Not sure if this could be what's happening to you.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just installed v39-8 on my 1.4.5 device, and it works fine.

I wanted to thank you, frantid, as I was the one that asked for this color change thing.

I also just received via UPS my dev. Pre2 device (still charging on my Touchstone), so I will be able to test things on 2.1 now.
    I would like to thank officially Palm, and specialy Adela and Julie for having provided me with this device, and for the great support they offer to our community.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Boy, DigiKat is talking some smack about UberCalendar & what it can't do (but does in many cases) over on their thread about DigiCalendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Boy, DigiKat is talking some smack about UberCalendar & what it can't do (but does in many cases) over on their thread about DigiCalendar.
    LOL

I suppose if you never really dig into the features of UC, it may seem like just a cosmetic change. I was trying to explain to my wife what the changes do for the calendar, but I didn't succeed very well. She's not a heavy calendar user -- like probably the other 90% of newly indoctrinated smart phone users out there.

I got into Palm's pda for the PIM features, that hasn't really changed for myself. The calendar is still my most used app. I do take pride in my small contribution in making UC being more than a pretty face, though.

For me the calendar is also my most used and most important app along with todo (done!). Actually my dream would be to have an app that combines both like in the good old datebk6 days :-) In regard to digicalendar, I don't think UC and digicalendar should be compared or even compete. One is an improvement to an existing app an the other is a standalone app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Are you using an older version? There was a bug with the alarm icons in 2.1.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2916267-post2523.html

But I thought it was fixed, in later versions.

I certainly hope UC is not causing sync issues. I have not experienced any sync issues.
    I was using the latest version from Preware, just upgraded and it works like a charm, thanks alot!
    Using 21 2-11 without problems on my 2.1 pre-.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I want to try ubercalendar, I just have a couple of questions.
    Does it have any known issues with other patches etc?
    I mostly use sconix's advanced patches and nothing else that has to do with calendar.

Also, installing-uninstalling the patch has any effect on calendar data? I wouldnt want to lose things, especially as I can't backup my calendar except in my Palm profile which I don't trust a lot.