Page 133 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @toaste - make sure the file still has ".patch" as the end of the name. Internalz Pro should give you the install option, unless it is having problems.

@wiimanofthenorth - glad you got it working. UC conflicts with any of the other calendar patches, but it also includes the functionality of all the other patches + more.
    Well, it still has the ".patch" at the end of it and no option to install comes up. I don't know if reinstalling Internalz Pro would solve anything.
  2.    #2642  
    Is installing .patch files enabled in Internalz's settings?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    So there is a patch to put the Exhibition version of Agenda on your launcher and launch it separetely. Of course the obvious question is can we get Ubercalendar to launch it in place of our lost Agenda app from WebOS1.4.5. (see here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html)

I tried a crude hack of the ubercalendar patch, I tried to change app ID of the 1.4.5 Agenda (id: 'com.palm.app.agenda') and make it the ID of the Exhibition version (id: 'com.palm.app.agendaview') but it didnt seem to launch.

Is there anyway to get uber calendar to launch this in WebOS 2.1? Does anyone know what needs to change in the code to get this to launch?

Thanks

DT

Has anyone been able to get this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Is installing .patch files enabled in Internalz's settings?
    I'm not able to find such a setting in Preferences. Where else might it be located?
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I'm not able to find such a setting in Preferences. Where else might it be located?
    In the Preferences at the bottom is a section labeled ipk installer. Make sure Register as file handler is set to ON. Also open the Device Info app. Open the menu & select Default Applications. Scroll down to ipk. Tap on ipk & a selection screen will open. Select Internalz. Both of these settings should let you install with Internalz. If you do the setting in Internalz first, Internalz should already be set as the default handler for .patch files.

You mentioned when you open the .patch file in Internalz you see what looks like lines of code. This is normal. The patch file is just a text file with patching commands in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    In the Preferences at the bottom is a section labeled ipk installer. Make sure Register as file handler is set to ON. Also open the Device Info app. Open the menu & select Default Applications. Scroll down to ipk. Tap on ipk & a selection screen will open. Select Internalz. Both of these settings should let you install with Internalz. If you do the setting in Internalz first, Internalz should already be set as the default handler for .patch files.

You mentioned when you open the .patch file in Internalz you see what looks like lines of code. This is normal. The patch file is just a text file with patching commands in it.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I must have a different version (v1.4.1) as in my Preferences, the sections are Home Folder, File Explorer (which has an ipk handler with None, Internalz Pro and Preware as choices to choose from; I changed it from none to Internalz Pro), Image Viewer, and Text Editor.

In Device info, .ipk is set for Preware and I not able to change it. I think I recall that when Preware starts up, it sometimes asks if it should be the default for .ipk and I've chosen yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I must have a different version (v1.4.1) as in my Preferences, the sections are Home Folder, File Explorer (which has an ipk handler with None, Internalz Pro and Preware as choices to choose from; I changed it from none to Internalz Pro), Image Viewer, and Text Editor.

In Device info, .ipk is set for Preware and I not able to change it. I think I recall that when Preware starts up, it sometimes asks if it should be the default for .ipk and I've chosen yes.
    If you are using Internalz Pro, it is in the IPK Installer section. It sounds like you might be using Internalz (non Pro-paid in App Catalog). In that version it sounds like it's laid out differently. What you're looking for is that ipk handler setting. Set that to ON, exit Internalz's preferences, exit Internalz.

Then pull up default application in Device Info. Now you should be able to change .ipk to Internalz & .patch should be set to Internalz. If not, it might need a restart to set the setting.

Before, you weren't able to change the default app because you hadn't enabled the file handler in Internalz. No handler, not available as an option for default apps. That's why you need to change the setting in Internalz FIRST.
    Re: Repeat Interval

Did the behavior for this change in the 2.x version? On 1.4.5, with a Repeat Interval of 2mins, when an alert came, if I didn't go pick up the phone to dismiss or snooze, it would repeat the alert every 2mins up to max repeat times. But since upgrading to the 2.x version, it never repeats ever. It only sounds the one time.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If you are using Internalz Pro, it is in the IPK Installer section. It sounds like you might be using Internalz (non Pro-paid in App Catalog). In that version it sounds like it's laid out differently. What you're looking for is that ipk handler setting. Set that to ON, exit Internalz's preferences, exit Internalz.

Then pull up default application in Device Info. Now you should be able to change .ipk to Internalz & .patch should be set to Internalz. If not, it might need a restart to set the setting.

Before, you weren't able to change the default app because you hadn't enabled the file handler in Internalz. No handler, not available as an option for default apps. That's why you need to change the setting in Internalz FIRST.
    I believe I've got it working now. Silly of me to think the paid app was the Pro version. Did a quick search, found and installed the Pro version and so far so good. I didn't even have to change any settings as the Install option showed up. Thanks again!
    What type of server is it? UC doesn't modify any on the syncing behavior.
    It's google calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMA View Post
    It's google calendar.
    Is it possible you've edited the groups & displaying a group not including those calendars?

Have you tried creating a test event on the phone and explicitly assigning it to one of the google calendars (tap button in top right corner of create event screen), pull down menu, select Sync now. Pull up google in web browser, go to calendar, see if event displays (make sure the calendar you selected on phone is enabled in google calendar). If that works, you can rule out a sync issue.
    What version of the patch are you running and on which device? Also is this 2.1 or 2.0.1?

It should work.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Re: Repeat Interval

Did the behavior for this change in the 2.x version? On 1.4.5, with a Repeat Interval of 2mins, when an alert came, if I didn't go pick up the phone to dismiss or snooze, it would repeat the alert every 2mins up to max repeat times. But since upgrading to the 2.x version, it never repeats ever. It only sounds the one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    Has anyone been able to get this to work?
    Unfortunately, I haven't looked at this yet. I finally dug myself out of the vacation backlog, but I've got to be on travel next week. I've got to prepare for the meetings. It's on my list of things to do. I just need real life to let me get back to enjoying my hobby. LOL
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    What does the Ubercalendar crowd think about the new calendar app, Digical, being created? Any new apps for WebOS are a good thing.

However, I have my doubts about Digical as a standalone calendar app. I think UC is a better way to go because it uses the Synergy databases. I enter most of my calendar events in Outlook and sync them to my Pre+. I also want the entries created on my Pre to show up in my OL calendar.

What do you think?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I think it's great. There's a lot of things you could do if you started from scratch. It will probably work great for those that don't need to modify multiple calendars. It will be interesting to watch it evolve. I guess people could use both if they tie it in nicely.

I was not a big fan of the webOS calendar at first, but I am really hooked on synergy now. I don't have to manage "the" family calendar on my own anymore. Everyone has their own and I can see them all and modify them if needed. I've got 8 active calendars on my Pre2 -- spouse's work, kid's school, music & sports activities, my work, etc.

I know the webOS calendar looks rather simple, but the synergy pieces are rather intricate. The more I dig into it the more respect I have for it. From a patching perspective the synergy pieces make modifying it more complicated, for me anyway. You have to account for how the changes you make will affect or sync with the different services. Something you don't have to do if you only have one source service.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    What version of the patch are you running and on which device? Also is this 2.1 or 2.0.1?

It should work.
    I'm on version 2.1.0-11, on a 2.1.0 Pre Plus modded to work with Sprint.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'm on version 2.1.0-11, on a 2.1.0 Pre Plus modded to work with Sprint.
    Can you try the latest one?
    http://forums.precentral.net/2920301-post2560.html

Unfortunately, I haven't looked at this yet.
    No worries, just hoping it hadn't fallen off the radar. Would just be a nice addition.
    I'll hang tight until you have time.

thanks for the response.

DT
    So will there be an update version on Preware?
    I've got the UC update to work, but now am not able to see all of my events from my Google calendars and I used to be able to before. I've restarted the Pre, synced a number of times and events from certain calendars are not showing up. I even went into Preferences, turned them all off, then turned them on one by one, but some still are missing (they still are there in Google, though). Is there a preference somewhere that I've overlooked?