Page 129 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Please remember to uninstall UberCalendar AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

File versions:
    1.4.5 Pre & Pixi file is UC_Intl_OS1_4_5_v39-7.patch
    Pre2 with 2.0.1 file is UC_Intl_OS2_0_1_v2-8.patch
    Anything 2.1 file is UC_Intl_OS2_1_0_v2-10.patch

Edit 27 Mar: fixed issue with previous 1.4.5 patch that generated an installation error. Updated version numbers for all translation patches.

added features: translations for new features introduced in the last UberCalendar version:
    • Change this and future
    • delete this and future

Note to CptOx and Pulp: as there were only two new strings, I translated into german and spanish by myself: please check if the translations are right (second button from the top in both screenshots of frantids previous post). Keep in mind that I had to limit the strings length to approx 28 characters to avoid overlaping with the other buttons.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 03/27/2011 at 11:51 AM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid:
    I just noticed something not very "nice" while translating:

In many languages, words can be masculine, feminine or neutral. The english word "This" has then to be translated according to the word it refers to. The fact you placed the new button as second can lead the reader to get a little confused because of that, in such languages.

For example, when translating the "delete" scene into french:
    -in "Delete the whole series", the word "series" is feminine
    -in "Delete this and future events" I have no room to translate "events" so I have to write "Delete this and future". but "this" refers to "event" that is masculine and has to be translated in its masculine form. But the word "event" has not yet been read since it only appears in the third button, and the user may get confused because of reading a masculine "this" after a button that contains a feminine word.
    (not easy to explain with my poor english, sorry).

In short: it would be more straightforward for the user, in my opinion, if the new button was placed in third position instead of second.
    That way,it would be obvious, is such languages, to what the translated "this" refers.

This applies as well to the "change" scene.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    ok, makes sense I'll move them.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid:
    I just tested v39-5 on my WebOS v1.4.5 Pre Plus device.
    I played around with both my exchange and google calendars.
    It works like a charm!
    Thank you, I was missing this feature and did not even think it could be added this way.

I'll test on the 2.1 emulator too ASAP.

However, I noticed that the reminders that are set on the phone do not sync up to google calendar. On the other side, reminders set on Google as popup reminders do sync down to the phone well. On exchange it syncs reminders both ways perfectly.
    I did not notice this previously and do not now if it is related to UC or to the stock calendar.
    It is annoying since reminders will not sync between devices connected to the same Google calendar (I think of my future Pre3 not syncing reminders with my future Touchpad ).
    I'll try to uninstall UC to see how it behaves with the stock calendar.

EDIT: behavior is the same with the stock calendar.
    Reminder set on the device does not sync up to google calendar.
    Can this be fixed in UC?

EDIT2: just tested on my 2.1 emulator: reminder sync works on google calendar. Is this a 1.4.5 bug?
    Last edited by Kratus; 03/26/2011 at 07:03 AM.

Updated patches here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2920301-post2560.html

moved the buttons around.

fixed an issue with 1.4.5 version. All 1.4.5 testers should update from 39-5. There was an error with recurring events that repeated forever and palm profile event id's.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @frantid:

EDIT: behavior is the same with the stock calendar.
    Reminder set on the device does not sync up to google calendar.
    Can this be fixed in UC?

EDIT2: just tested on my 2.1 emulator: reminder sync works on google calendar. Is this a 1.4.5 bug?
    I think it has always been like this in 1.4.5. I can't mod the services in 1.4.5, they are java and they don't patch. Plus I have zero java skills.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think it has always been like this in 1.4.5. I can't mod the services in 1.4.5, they are java and they don't patch. Plus I have zero java skills.
    That's one more reason for me to switch to 2.1 very soon.
    I am just waiting for MS 2.0, because I can't live without it.

My attempt to install 39-6 via Internalz failed. Log file attached. Any suggestions?

39-4 uninstalled successfully via Preware. Did a Luna restart after the uninstall.

EDIT: Really attached now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My attempt to install 39-6 via Internalz failed. Log file attached. Any suggestions?
    39-4 uninstalled successfully via Preware. Did a Luna restart after the uninstall.
    EDIT: Really attached now.
    Downgraded to 39-4 which installed fine. Something is amiss with 39-6.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Downgraded to 39-4 which installed fine. Something is amiss with 39-6.
    The log is like the file is not correct. If you open it in Internalz does it look ok?

That's one more reason for me to switch to 2.1 very soon.
    I am just waiting for MS 2.0, because I can't live without it.
    MS 2.0 is in public alpha right now, just check the thread. Its pretty stable with a few bugs. Sconix has announced that he's going to release a big bug fix this Wednesday.
    The log is like the file is not correct. If you open it in Internalz does it look ok?
    Are you asking me if the Patch or log file opens in Internalz? Were you able to read my log file? I can open it with Wordpad.

I can open the 39-6 patch file with Internalz. When I hit "install" the process starts and quickly fails.
    The log file says the header's bad. I was wondering if the file looks okay.
    The log file says the header's bad. I was wondering if the file looks okay.
    The Patch file on my Pre+ looks corrupted. I emailed it to myself.

I am retrying by copying the file from my PC to my Pre. Will report back shortly.

EDIT: Success. Somehow the PATCH file got corrupted during my emails.
    Last edited by swieder; 03/26/2011 at 03:51 PM.
    File versions:
    1.4.5 Pre & Pixi file is UC_Intl_OS1_4_5_v_39-5.patch
    Pre2 with 2.0.1 file is UC_Intl_OS2_0_1_v2-6.patch
    Anything 2.1 file is UC_Intl_OS2_1_0_v2-8.patch

added features: translations for new features introduced in the last UberCalendar version:
    • Change this and future
    • delete this and future

Note to CptOx and Pulp: as there were only two new strings, I translated into german and spanish by myself: please check if the translations are right (second button from the top in both screenshots of frantids previous post). Keep in mind that I had to limit the strings length to approx 28 characters to avoid overlaping with the other buttons.
    Testing ubercalendar201_2-7 with UC_Intl_OS2_1_0_v2-8. All changes and deletes to repeating events works as expected. Kratus translations to Spanish perfect. I am with him in discussion about masculine, feminine or neutral.
    About reminder sync on google calendar, I thought that this behavior was due to a bug in 2.1.0, because in 1.4.5 never occurred to me. In some forum I read that deleting your Google account and become active will solve the problem. To me it has worked so far, but I do not use Google Calendar on the web, just use the one in my Pre.

P.D. @Kratus: As the new groups widget is narrower than the width of the screen the translation of "Default Group": "Grupo por defecto" are cropped (15 character limit). Not in the first appearance (Divider widget) or in the second appearance (Group widget name) but in the third (Text field widget) that defines the group name. May be only "Default Group": "Grupo defecto" could be more convinient for future translations.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    P.D. @Kratus: As the new groups widget is narrower than the width of the screen the translation of "Default Group": "Grupo por defecto" are cropped (15 character limit). Not in the first appearance (Divider widget) or in the second appearance (Group widget name) but in the third (Text field widget) that defines the group name. May be only "Default Group": "Grupo defecto" could be more convinient for future translations.
    I have the same problem in french: the translation is too long to fit in the text field.
    If I change it to "Grupo defecto", as it is the same string as in the two first appearances, it will affect them too.
    I did not change it in the french translation because the user will most likely change the name of the default group in the text field with something shorter.
    If you want me to change the translation to "Grupo defecto", please confirm it to me.

In this case, the most elegant solution would be to ask frantid to modify the following code:
    Code:
    	tempGroups[idx].groupname = (this.userUberCalGroups[i].groupname
    	!== undefined && this.userUberCalGroups[i].groupname !== "")
    	? this.userUberCalGroups[i].groupname : $L("Default Group")
    	+ idx.toString();
    into:
    Code:
    	tempGroups[idx].groupname = (this.userUberCalGroups[i].groupname
    	!== undefined && this.userUberCalGroups[i].groupname !== "")
    	? this.userUberCalGroups[i].groupname : $L("DefaultGroup")
    	+ idx.toString();
    and let this one unchanged:
    Code:
    	this.userUberCalGroups = [{rId:"1234", groupname: $L('Default Group')
    	, includes: [this.uberDefaultCalId]}];
    (if this does not break anything else in the code)
    this way, we could have both: a full and a compact translation.

I think at least 3 more characters will fit in the width. 15 was just an estimate, I forgot to go back and change it. Sorry about that.

I'd have to change it to something like this "Default Group " -- like you suggested for another translation field. Otherwise if there was not a translation present the special characters would show up. That piece of code only gets used if the user does not provide any name or the cookie field is damaged.
    Updated versions here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2920301-post2560.html

Adjustments for translations, group name length to 18. Fixed compression at beginning and end of day to account for busy times. (there was an error if you had just one calendar selected instead of "all" and "Compress All Free" on)

edit: Please report any errors. After the 30 Mar, I'll be out for 2 weeks. Thanks

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Adjustments for translations, group name length to 18.
    This solved the problem reported by CptOx, for all supported languages.
    Thank you.