Page 128 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #2541  
    The only thing one could think about is that one can give a group a tag and mode switcher sends a tag based on the current mode to UC (in fact it sets it in the prefs). UC will then open with the group selected which was marked with this tag. Just an idea
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro

It's not so much work on UC side a few tweaks in how it's stored. I don't know how much work it would be on MS.
    So far with UC v2.0.1-2, the problem of moving repeated entries hasn't popped up again. However, two events I entered today we're VERY weird. They we're non-repeating events in a google calendar with a 2 day reminder. In addition to the events I created (one for today & one for Apr 20), 14 near duplicates appeared. The only difference between the original and these duplicates is that the duplicates do NOT have a reminder set. In all other ways, they are identical.

Like I said, they are google calendar events with no repeat. They we're created on my Pre 2 and never accessed from another device or PC. When I first created the events, all looked normal and I closed Calendar. Later when I opened it the next time, I noticed this. Attached are week and day views showing the Apr 20 event(s).

I have a US Verizon Wireless Pre 2 with stock webOS 2.0.1. No metadoctor or replacement kernels. No other calendar patches installed. I only have Palm Profile & google calendars that are created, edited, and viewed ONLY on my phone - no other devices or PCs. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    The only thing one could think about is that one can give a group a tag and mode switcher sends a tag based on the current mode to UC (in fact it sets it in the prefs). UC will then open with the group selected which was marked with this tag. Just an idea
    Well, I think such a thing could work in a similar way as Govnah's integration into MS.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    @govotsos - I've seen that happen with 2.0.1 It happens on the emulator as well.

I've never figured out why. It happens with or without UC. There used to be a lot of threads about it before 2.1 came out.
    Will there be an update to the icon selector so I can customize the names.

I use colours for my calenders. So I would be writing in ICON=yellow; ...

Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post

Thanks guys
    It would take quite a few changes to do it. I'd have to change it so you could enter a name and a file name in the preferences. Not impossible, but it's down there on my list.

Currently working on getting: "delete this and future events" and "change this and future events" options for modifying recurring events.

Then I was going to start working on an agenda/search view and a multi-month calendar (no events) view.

If enough people want it I suppose I could redo my list of ideas to work on. You ever thought of just renaming your files?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It would take quite a few changes to do it. I'd have to change it so you could enter a name and a file name in the preferences. Not impossible, but it's down there on my list.

Currently working on getting: "delete this and future events" and "change this and future events" options for modifying recurring events.

Then I was going to start working on an agenda/search view and a multi-month calendar (no events) view.

If enough people want it I suppose I could redo my list of ideas to work on. You ever thought of just renaming your files?
    Nope, if it's a hassle it's no big deal at all, I have thought about changing my icon colors to the names that are available, but i think in my case it would be harder for me to remember which calenders to which name for which color. lol.

The future event is a big one, I will like this even more.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    . . .Currently working on getting: "delete this and future events" and "change this and future events" options for modifying recurring events.

Then I was going to start working on an agenda/search view and a multi-month calendar (no events) view. . .
    Those changes for recurring events would be absolutely awesome. That's what I miss most about not having a Datebk-like app!

[Side rant: This is not even possible in Outlook without extra effort! If I'm missing some tricks here, I'm willing to learn.]
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Are "floating events" (like in the old datebk days) also somewhere on your list?

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Are "floating events" (like in the old datebk days) also somewhere on your list?

Thx
    I have been keeping an eye out for a way to do it. If I figure it out, I'll put it in.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post

Thanks guys
    Maybe I miss understood you. Do you mean you want to use "yellow" for a file named icon-yellow.png? This is possible, you just modify the names in the preferences or add them to the default list.

Or do you mean you want to use "work" for a file named icon-yellow.png? This isn't possible now. But you could call it "work" and change the file name to icon-work.png.

yes that was I meant and i got it working now, this is amazing now. It's so much quicker and easier, Now my wife actually start updating our shared calenders. haha.
    @govotsos - I've seen that happen with 2.0.1 It happens on the emulator as well.

I've never figured out why. It happens with or without UC. There used to be a lot of threads about it before 2.1 came out.
    Well, that just .... Sucks
    yeah, verizon needs to release the update
  16.    #2556  
    @frantid: I know, I somehow do nothing on this patch anymore, even if I should. But, what do you think, is an option possible to remove all events which aren't assigned to an account anymore? It seems many people get this with there google accounts. I only use an exchange and the Palm account, that's why I haven't had this problem yet.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid: I know, I somehow do nothing on this patch anymore, even if I should. But, what do you think, is an option possible to remove all events which aren't assigned to an account anymore? It seems many people get this with there google accounts. I only use an exchange and the Palm account, that's why I haven't had this problem yet.
    +1!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Guidance, hints and ideas are very valuable contributions as well! (edit: also I find myself reusing a lot of your code, so you are contributing all the time)

I'm almost done with the repeat stuff, finishing the 1.4.5 version at the moment -- 2.x is done.

When I'm done, I'll try to break the emulator and see if I can get the database parameters of a broken event. I've created bad events in the database when I first started porting to 2.x, but it would never let me delete them. I had to do an erase apps and data on the Pre2 and reload the emulator from a clean image to get rid of them. But those events had bad database Id's, hopefully these hanging events don't have bad id's.

I'll try.
    Last edited by frantid; 03/25/2011 at 06:44 AM.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Guidance, hints and ideas are very valuable contributions as well! (edit: also I find myself reusing a lot of your code, so you are contributing all the time)

I'm almost done with the repeat stuff, finishing the 1.4.5 version at the moment -- 2.x is done.

When I'm done, I'll try to break the emulator and see if I can get the database parameters of a broken event. I've created bad events in the database when I first started porting to 2.x, but it would never let me delete them. I had to do an erase apps and data on the Pre2 and reload the emulator from a clean image to get rid of them. But those events had bad database Id's, hopefully these hanging events don't have bad id's.

I'll try.
    too bad, I just erased my emulator disc image with plenty of them.
    If you add a google calendar, then delete the corresponding account, and then add it again, you should get duplicates, the old events being reported as belonging to "undefined" calendar.

Edit 23 July. 201 patch updated and moved here.

File versions:
    1.4.5 Pre & Pixi file is UberCalendar39-8.patch
    Pre2 with 2.0.1 file is ubercalendar201_2-9.patch
    Anything 2.1 file is ubercalendar21_2-11.patch

edit 4 May:
    (all versions) modified colors on delete confirmation for recurring events and recurrence warning popups.

(2.x versions) did some cleanup to the reminders section, attempting to resolve repeats not working some times.

(2.1) configured the old Homebrew Agenda button to launch Palm's Agenda app. It will not focus it, if it is already open. You don't need to patch the Agenda app for it to work.

edit 27 Mar.
    adjustments for translations, group name length to 18. fixed compression at beginning and end of day to account for busy times. (there was an error if you had just one calendar selected instead of "all")

edit 26 Mar made button placement changes for better translations. fixed 1.4.5 version issues with recurring forever changes and Palm profile id's.

added features:

• Change this and future - Allows you to modify a recurring event, leaving the past ones alone. It will create a new event that will contain the selected event and all events after that.

• Delete this and future - Deletes the selected event and all events after that. Leaving previous events alone.

This version also includes the changes from here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2898153-post2392.html

I tested as much as I could, please test the versions with test events first. I don't want you to lose any event history that you care about if there are bugs.

Note to translators - the buttons have limited space for labels, use short words if you can. I could not add the word "events" to "change this and future", it made the button labels run into one another.

Thanks for testing everyone.

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 07/23/2011 at 11:09 AM.