Page 124 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i cant seem to make the icons appear. I have enabled the view options and still no icons. I have the icons saved in the scrims folder too.
    Make sure you did not forget the ".", the folder has to be named ".scrims"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Make sure you did not forget the ".", the folder has to be named ".scrims"!
    yup that did it... i rechecked. thought i did that! thanks
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i cant seem to make the icons appear. I have enabled the view options and still no icons. I have the icons saved in the scrims folder too.
    do you have the icons in a subfolder of the .scrims called ubercalendar?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I was wondering if I am missing functionality, or if this is even possible if I am not missing it.

Let say I add a recurring event that lasts for several weeks, like carpool, or whatever. And lets say I want to remove the recurring event from a certain day moving forward. I can't seem to remove the balance of the event, I have to remove the entire event, from beginning to the end, or a single event of the string. I tried removing a single event in the string of events, which I can do, then remove the portion of the event AFTER the single event I removed by itself. But doing so removes all of the events, the days before and after the single event I removed. I thought that by removing the the single event would turn the once single recurring event into 2 recurring event, then I could remove the second string of events.

Is this currently possible? If not, is it something you might find useful and it could be added? Seems useful to me, maybe I am alone in that thought but I thought I would ask.

Thanks for an amazing calendar app!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  5.    #2465  
    When you remove a single event in a series of events, usually an exception is created instead of splitting the series into two.
    To end a recurring event, tap on the recurring rule, go to custom and set an end date. Something which could be offered automatically from the 'delete' dialog.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I was wondering if I am missing functionality, or if this is even possible if I am not missing it.

Let say I add a recurring event that lasts for several weeks, like carpool, or whatever. And lets say I want to remove the recurring event from a certain day moving forward. I can't seem to remove the balance of the event, I have to remove the entire event, from beginning to the end, or a single event of the string. I tried removing a single event in the string of events, which I can do, then remove the portion of the event AFTER the single event I removed by itself. But doing so removes all of the events, the days before and after the single event I removed. I thought that by removing the the single event would turn the once single recurring event into 2 recurring event, then I could remove the second string of events.

Is this currently possible? If not, is it something you might find useful and it could be added? Seems useful to me, maybe I am alone in that thought but I thought I would ask.

Thanks for an amazing calendar app!
    If you want it to end, just do like MetaView suggests and change the "until" date.

The other option sounds like the "change future events" that old Palm OS calendar allowed you to do. But that was for changing the schedule and not ending the schedule. I'll play with that idea, see if something can be done that is similar ... might be a while.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks, would be cool to have an option in the delete event dialogue to "delete this and future events", but the work around works for now.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I searched and have not found an answer, but from process of elimination, this must be a true statement:

Icons do not display on month view for recurring all day events. They do display in day and week view.

Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Feature request for UC: Can one of your great coders create a "DISMISS ALL" button for when an event notification comes up? DISMISS ALL is a menu option in the preferences screen. I wold love to see it as a button.

thanks,
    Scott
    Im still wrestling with my calendar bug of multiple (6-7x) notifications of an event alarm. I now open the event, back swipe to get to the calendar, go to prefs and select dismiss all.

Outlook only shows the reminder once. but it does have a Dismiss All button which I would love to see in the Calendar.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    @swieder - at what time are your reminders set for x minutes before or at start time? Anything special about the event recurring schedule? It's an exact duplicate alert right? If you dismiss all does the next one get multiples too?

Not sure where to put a dismiss all button. Maybe a hold on dismiss brings up the missed reminers scene? I'd want to make it so you couldn't actually do it on accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I searched and have not found an answer, but from process of elimination, this must be a true statement:

Icons do not display on month view for recurring all day events. They do display in day and week view.

Yes?
    Yes, that's correct.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @swieder - at what time are your reminders set for x minutes before or at start time? Anything special about the event recurring schedule? It's an exact duplicate alert right? If you dismiss all does the next one get multiples too?

Not sure where to put a dismiss all button. Maybe a hold on dismiss brings up the missed reminers scene? I'd want to make it so you couldn't actually do it on accident.
    My reminders are typically 5 mins before the event. Typically a recurring weekly event. Can occur on non-recurring events too. If I dismiss all then when the next event sends a reminder I also get 6 of them!

Holding the Dismiss button to send a Dismiss all would work for me or a Double Tap on the Dismiss button to send a Dismiss all would also work. Otherwise you might have to resize the buttons to have Dismiss, Dismiss All, Snooze and +/-.

thanks for looking into this.
    My reminders are typically 5 mins before the event. Typically a recurring weekly event. Can occur on non-recurring events too. If I dismiss all then when the next event sends a reminder I also get 6 of them!

Holding the Dismiss button to send a Dismiss all would work for me or a Double Tap on the Dismiss button to send a Dismiss all would also work. Otherwise you might have to resize the buttons to have Dismiss, Dismiss All, Snooze and +/-.

thanks for looking into this.
    No problem. I got the hold on dismiss to work. Should it go to the reminder list so you can see what you're dismissing though? I'm not sure if you will have to wait for all the reminders to fire before you can dismiss them.

Let me know and I'll put a version up for 1.4.5 in a matter of minutes for testing before adding it to 2.x.x

No problem. I got the hold on dismiss to work. Should it go to the reminder list so you can see what you're dismissing though? I'm not sure if you will have to wait for all the reminders to fire before you can dismiss them.

Let me know and I'll put a version up for 1.4.5 in a matter of minutes for testing before adding it to 2.x.x
    Thanks so much for addressing this request. The reminders fire off one after another. After 10 secs they are all on the reminder list. I prefer that holding the Dismiss button Dismisses all the reminders without having to go to the list.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    the "change future events" that old Palm OS calendar allowed you to do.
    I am really missing this feature.
    This would be another huge improvement for UC.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Maybe a hold on dismiss brings up the missed reminers scene? I'd want to make it so you couldn't actually do it on accident.
    That's certainly the best solution.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    .... I prefer that holding the Dismiss button Dismisses all the reminders without having to go to the list.
    The only problem with that is, it could cause you to remove reminders that you haven't been notified of yet. Say a second reminder from another event.

The only problem with that is, it could cause you to remove reminders that you haven't been notified of yet. Say a second reminder from another event.
    If users want to see their reminders than they would not use DISMISS ALL. I see this as an option to clear the reminder list all at once vs. swiping them all away one by one.

Let's try it. Can always change it after some use.
    Last edited by swieder; 03/17/2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just updated the localization patch to v39-3.
    Suported languages are french, german and spanish.

Thanks to Pulp and CptOx for contributing to the translations.

Attached are the versions for WebOS 1.4.5, 2.0.1 and 2.1.0.

EDIT 2011-03-18:
    I did something wrong by generating the 2.x versions of the patch.
    This led the patch to be rejected.
    Therefore corrected as v39-3B.
    Sorry for the inconvenience (I have no 2.x device to test on).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 03/18/2011 at 12:34 PM.

How about hold orange key down and tap? Next to impossible to accidentally hit.

edit: I spoke too soon hold is not working on my Pre. Worked on emulator.
    Last edited by frantid; 03/17/2011 at 04:55 PM.