Page 123 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid,
    I tested 39-2 and it works as expected.
    After playing around a little with it, I would really prefer the menu to pop up when taping on the location text field too (if not empty).
    First because the average user perhaps never thinks to tap on the icon. Second because when the field in not empty, the only reason, for me, to tap on the location field is because the location of the apointment has changed, or I want to see the map or directions.
    This implies to add and extra item in the popup menu, to just edit if the user wants to, simply giving the focus to the text field.
    I admit this implies an extra step for the user just wanting to edit the field, but I think it is worth, on the other side, making UC features more visible to the average user this way.
    If it annoys you, the behaviour could be set in the prefs. Or another option could be to add a specific icon on the right side of the location field to make the extra features more visible to the user, for example an information icon, as you made it, on the same scene, for the categories.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by Kratus; 03/12/2011 at 03:46 AM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    My 2 on the location thing. I like the idea of using the existing button. Adding another button will just add unnecessary clutter. It seems like MetaView et al have striven to keep the interface of UberCalendar clean & uncluttered. Repurposing existing interface elements goes a long way to accomplishing this like when frantid repurposed the calendar icon for the calendar picker.

I think this repurposing of the location icon makes sense and follows this design philosophy. It may not be obvious to a user, but really, NONE of the buttons in Calendar or UC are necessarily immediately obvious. That's why there is documentation. The built in help for Calendar and the wiki for UberCalendar.

I might be in a minority, but I feel that if a user is too lazy to read documentation and so misses features it's their own fault. Yes, I like software with obvious, transparent interfaces the best, but as more complex features are added to a program, ambiguity becomes necessary especially when constrained by a relatively small screen & design guidelines for a finger friendly interface. If a user doesn't read documentation, tough nuts - they must not really need that advanced feature if they aren't willing to expend the effort to learn it.

Maybe a harsh 2, but my 2.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @govotsos,

thank you for contributing to the common reflexion.
    frantid I notice the agendaview app which is disabled by default. I have been playing with it to try to get to a preference screen. It would be nice it the agenda icon could be mapped to the agendaview app when it becomes workable.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    edit1: 10 Mar. vers 39-2, 201_2-2, 21_2-2.
    fix various errors.

This thread moves so fast. I was glad when frantid and metaview got a pre2 that meant ubercalendar would be coming to the pre2. What version is for the pre2?
    @mamouton - you're talking about the exhibition one right? I've been looking at it. It might be using it's own database though, I have to look deeper.
    201_2-2 is for Pre2 running 2.0.1 just verizon I think?

21_2-2 anything running 2.1
    Feature request for UC: Can one of your great coders create a "DISMISS ALL" button for when an event notification comes up? DISMISS ALL is a menu option in the preferences screen. I wold love to see it as a button.

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Have you tried hitting the calendar icon on an alert. Will it take you to the list where you can hit dismiss all?
    He is talking about this. It is only available if you have any missed alerts if there are no missed alerts the option isn't there. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post2907520

If you have the calendar dashboard on, and you have the dashboard displayed on screen. If I tap on the calendar icon, it takes me to the second scene you have.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    If you have the calendar dashboard on, and you have the dashboard displayed on screen. If I tap on the calendar icon, it takes me to the second scene you have.
    Is the calendar dashboard the same as the "reminder dashboard?"

I just turned on the reminder dashboard under UC prefs and will run some tests.

EDIT: When I tap on the calendar icon in the reminder dashboard I get brought to the event details.
    Last edited by swieder; 03/14/2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Is the calendar dashboard the same as the "reminder dashboard?"

I just turned on the reminder dashboard under UC prefs and will run some tests.

EDIT: When I tap on the calendar icon in the reminder dashboard I get brought to the event details.
    It's not the one with dismiss or snooze on it. It's the one that gets minimized to the small icon. If you tap the notification icon, it displays one line with the calendar icon. That's the icon I tap. I don't think I'm explaining this too accurately.

see screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 03/14/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Updated patch here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2898153-post2392.html

fixed: repeat scene "last day of week" monthly repeat detection.

2.x.x fixed: the event service so it can properly detect monthly repeating 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & last: day, work week day, weekend day type repeats from exchange calendars. Not able to fix this in 1.4.5 java service.

Read back a couple of pages to see if this was mentioned (maybe I read too fast).
    I have both the Advanced System Preferences and Advanced System Menus (sconix) installed and I am unable to install Ubercalendar now. Is this the case with those installed (I'm assuming so)?
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/16/2011 at 06:09 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Read back a couple of pages to see if this was mentioned (maybe I read to fast).
    I have both the Advanced System Preferences and Advanced System Menus (sconix) installed and I am unable to install Ubercalendar now. Is this the case with those installed (I'm asuming so)?
    I think the calendar prefs one conflicts. I'm not sure about the others. I don't use them.

17.    #2457  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Read back a couple of pages to see if this was mentioned (maybe I read to fast).
    I have both the Advanced System Preferences and Advanced System Menus (sconix) installed and I am unable to install Ubercalendar now. Is this the case with those installed (I'm asuming so)?
    You could ask sconix to not touch the calendar files at all. Wouldn't be a bad idea I guess.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I removed the Advanced System Preferences - calendar (which didn't provide much anyway) and it's all good now.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I've recently upgraded my Pre 2 to webOS v2.1 and tried the UberCalendar patch again. It works perfectly! Finally I can get my Pre 2 working with an excellent calendar again. Thanks a lot to all involved!
    i cant seem to make the icons appear. I have enabled the view options and still no icons. I have the icons saved in the scrims folder too.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)