Page 122 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I would see following behaviour, by taping the icon, or the text field if not empty:
    - show map
    - show directions
    - edit location
    - select location from contact-list
    option 3 would simply give the focus to the text field, for manual editing.
    option 4 would perform as taping on the icon when the field is empty.
    In playing with this, I personally like the following behavior:

empty or no location. pop up let's you choose:
    1. Go to map app - so you can search for an address, company, etc. You have to do the copy paste stuff manually.
    2. Insert Address - from contacts.

with something in the location, pop up:
    1. Map
    2. Directions
    3. Insert Address - from contacts.
    4. Clear location - clears the field.

I'm not sold on having a choice that just focuses the location field. Seems like an extra step.

What do you guys think?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    In playing with this, I personally like the following behavior:

empty or no location. pop up let's you choose:
    1. Go to map app - so you can search for an address, company, etc. You have to do the copy paste stuff manually.
    2. Insert Address - from contacts.
    If I understand right, this applies only on taping the icon, not on taping the empty textfield. Otherwise, what if I just want to type in something, like "at home", or "meeting room n°x"?

For the other items, I find it just nice.
    Yes, only on the icon. Other things are left alone. You can just tap to edit at any time.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Did someone test the localization patches (french, german, spanish) I posted here for WebOS 2.x versions?

Please let me know if they worked for you.
    @Kratus - I tried on my Pre2. It fails, it does not save rejects. Nothing of any help in the logs either. very strange.
    @Kratus - I got it to go. I just deleted the
    \ No newline at end of file
    in the 3 places it shows up.

I left the line there just deleted the words.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @Kratus - I got it to go. I just deleted the in the 3 places it shows up.

I left the line there just deleted the words.
    Thank you.
    Strange, indeed.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @all,

please test the attached versions of the localization patch for WeboS 2.0.1 and WebOS 2.1.0.

Let me know if it works.

Kratus.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @all,

please test the attached versions of the localization patch for WeboS 2.0.1 and WebOS 2.1.0.

Let me know if it works.

Kratus.
    This version works perfectly well on my
    Pre- with O2 2.1.0

thanks
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thank you for the feedback.
    I will wait until frantid has finished the work on v39 and will then update the translations and submit to Preware.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    @all,

Let me know if it works.

Kratus.
    This version works well too in my Pre- 2.1.0 with Spanish locale.
    Only two points:
    1) "Default Group" is not translated into "Grupo por defecto", remains in English.
    2) May be the two "Warning:" appearances, following the "official" HP translations of HP default apps, can be better translated as "Advertencia:"
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    1) "Default Group" is not translated into "Grupo por defecto", remains in English.
    Strange. I double-checked, the string is present in the localization patch and matches the string in UC patch. I set my Pre+ with 1.4.5 to spanish and had the same issue. Same behaviour in german, but translates correctly in french. I'll have to sleep on it, because this lets me perplexed at the moment. You could perhaps switch you device to french and see if it displays translated or in english, just to check...
    EDIT: I just deinstalled the patch from my device, and reinstalled the very latest version, and it worked, this time. So I suspect I did not include all the latest spanish and german strings in the 2.1.0 test release I published. Can you please instal the version attached to this post to check if it behaves correctly now?

Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    2) May be the two "Warning:" appearances, following the "official" HP translations of HP default apps, can be better translated as "Advertencia:"
    Thanks: I updated it, it should de corrected in the attached version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 03/10/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Updated patch here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2898153-post2392.html

added versions for 2.0.1 and 2.1

Made the popup changes as listed in previous post.

Added "Monthly custom external" listing in the repeat scene. It is for those that have repeating events with schedules webOS does not understand. i.e. Exchange users that can do last week day, etc. It does not add support for these schedules, just tries to not let it mess up the schedule if you change just the time & not the day.

2.0.1 version has some fixes from 2.1 in it -- for those Verizon users.

cheers.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Thank you for your feedback.

Strange. I double-checked, the string is present in the localization patch and matches the string in UC patch. I set my Pre+ with 1.4.5 to spanish and had the same issue. Same behaviour in german, but translates correctly in french. I'll have to sleep on it, because this lets me perplexed at the moment. You could perhaps switch you device to french and see if it displays translated or in english, just to check...
    EDIT: I just deinstalled the patch from my device, and reinstalled the very latest version, and it worked, this time. So I suspect I did not include all the latest spanish and german strings in the 2.1.0 test release I published. Can you please instal the version attached to this post to check if it behaves correctly now?

"Default Group" remains in English too. The differences between UC_Intl_OS2_1_0_v37.patch and UC_Intl_OS2_1_0_v39-1.patch are only in line 2, 4 and 274 (Warning -> Advertencia, although in line 282 has another Warning). May be my UC patch is not the same. I had installed UberCalendar21_2-2.patch from 03/05/2011, 02:23 PM frantid post but I remember that "update" after with a Preware version 2.1.0-11.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Please try the last one, posted by frantid just above, and let me know.

The updated version uc_intl_os2_1_0_v39-1.patch works fine, except of the "default group", which is not displayed as "standardgruppe" as should be.
    Last edited by Michael75Pre; 03/11/2011 at 05:45 AM.
    Please try the last one, posted by frantid just above, and let me know.
    Tested with last frantid version working fine but as previously report and as Michael75Pre has informed "default group" is displayed in English.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks to both of you.
    I'll take a deep look into it tomorrow.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    A few questions:

Why is the Agenda icon still included?

Is it possible to have events that are not all day to be colored in (month view)?

When two all-day events overlap and are from different calendars and colors, which one gets displayed in month view? Can the day be divided in two vertically and show both colors?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    A few questions:

Why is the Agenda icon still included?
    Because we're working on using it again.

Is it possible to have events that are not all day to be colored in (month view)?
    No, but you can use colored squares for your icons. See NachoB's posts a several pages back to see what it looks like.

When two all-day events overlap and are from different calendars and colors, which one gets displayed in month view? Can the day be divided in two vertically and show both colors?
    It turns gray. I can try to play with splitting it, but it could slow it down. Any changes to the cells takes time for the html to render.