Page 121 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @all: could we get success reports with webos version + approval that you can define calendar groups? Thx
    Palm Pre-; webOS 2.1.0; Preware version works quite well, groups can be defined and used.

thx

michael
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

back from my vacation .

I see a lot of interesting things happened in the last two weeks .

@frantid:
    I intsalled and tested v39.
    Works well, as described.

Personaly, I would prefer it to show up the map on taping. If I want the directions afterwards, I can get them in the maps app. But if I get directly to the directions, I can not display the map.

The best thing would be that taping on the icon, or in the location field, if not empty, opens a menu with the choices:
    - show map
    - show directions
    - edit
    Hi Kratus, welcome back.

I thought about the popup. I'm really not sure of the extra steps.

Maybe a preference? Where you can set tap to "map" or "directions". You do know that if you hold the icon it will go to map as it is now?

What would the editing do - 1. switch out 1 address for another, 2. add another address. If you tap in the location text field you can edit like normal.

Personally, I don't use the map app all that much. I need more input from those that do.

thanks for the feedback.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @CptOx, @Pulp,

I just sent you a PM with new strings to translate, corresponding to the last features added to UC v38 and 39.
    Please send me your translations back, so I can update the localization patch.

@all,
    If you want other languages added than french, spanish and german, and are ready to contribute, please let me know.

Kratus
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You do know that if you hold the icon it will go to map as it is now?
    Yes, I know. But I personnaly prefer to see the map first, when taping. And holding is not as intuitive.

What would the editing do - 1. switch out 1 address for another, 2. add another address. If you tap in the location text field you can edit like normal.
    My idea is that an average user perhaps never thinks to tap the icon, so enabling the popu menu on the text field too, if not empty, would certainly be more intuitive for most users.
    I would see following behaviour, by taping the icon, or the text field if not empty:
    - show map
    - show directions
    - edit location
    - select location from contact-list
    option 3 would simply give the focus to the text field, for manual editing.
    option 4 would perform as taping on the icon when the field is empty.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just played around a little with 2.0.1 and 2.1.0, to see if I can adapt the localization patch, but I do not have any 2.0.1 or 2.1.0 device to test it myself.

Could some testers under 2.0.1 (Pre 2 only AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $and$ $2$.$1$.$0$ $please$ $test$ $the$ $related$ $attached$ $patches$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $they$ $instal$ $properly$ $on$ $these$ $versions$?

If they install properly, I will submit them to Preware, after updating to the latest features of v39.

Kratus
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 03/07/2011 at 07:06 AM.
    Hello Kratus,

On my Pre- with 2.1.0 i got the failed massage:
    saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/fe/strings.json.rej

The same with"es" and "de".

Tried to install with internalz out of an email.
    Last edited by Michael75Pre; 03/07/2011 at 09:13 AM.
    Something Kratus said made me think of something. UberCalendar is such a large project - it changes and adds so many things. Is it possible to patch Calendar's help to include help for UberCalendar or add a menu item to get UC help?
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Something Kratus said made me think of something. UberCalendar is such a large project - it changes and adds so many things. Is it possible to patch Calendar's help to include help for UberCalendar or add a menu item to get UC help?
    I was under the assumption that the help files are all online. edit: meaning, your phone has to download the help files from Palm when you open help.

I know MetaView is working on a documentation app.
    Last edited by frantid; 03/07/2011 at 09:30 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael75Pre View Post
    Hello Kratus,

On my Pre- with 2.1.0 i got the failed massage:
    saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/fe/strings.json.rej

The same with"es" and "de".

Tried to install with internalz out of an email.
    Thanks for testing.

Do you use O2 version of WebOS v2.1.0?

Can you send me following .rej files?
    Code:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/fr/strings.json.rej
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/de/strings.json.rej
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid,

I'm comming back with v38-4 and the groups feature (see my previous post about it).

If I want to display really all calendars (as defined in the prefs), comming from a custom group, I have to:
    1. select "Display all calendars" (at this point, display does not change, I am always having my custom group displayed)
    2. go to the calendar display prefs scene, do nothing.
    3. Perform a backswipe.
    Then I have all calendars (as defined in the prefs) displayed.

If I then select a custom group, and select again "Display all calendars", I am back to point 1 above.

I understand that the way you implemented groups consists in chaging dynamicaly the "all" group. But when one taps on "Display all calendars", I think you should refresh this group first, as it is done when the calendar display prefs scene is poped.

I hope my explanations are not too unclear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @frantid,
    I think you should refresh this group first, as it is done when the calendar display prefs scene is poped.

I hope my explanations are not too unclear.
    That's what it does any time you change the selected group list, it refreshes the all group. Something is hanging with your preferences, not reading the settings of the default group.

Try this, have a custom group selected. Then go into "calendar view options" from the calendar selector, toggle your default "all" group calendars on - off or off - on per calendar depending on the settings you want. Then back swipe out. It should still be in the custom group when you get back into the calendar view. Then try switching to all. See if it refreshes.

Which view are you in when it doesn't switch or is it all views? Which calendars are not toggling - default calendar or Palm profile calendar?

I'm having an issue updating this patch. Here is the error log, the first entry is for an attempt to uninstall, the second is an attempt to update. I've replaced the 'edit-assistant.jsjsjs' $file$ ($w$/$o$ $the$ $quotes$) $to$ $no$ $avail$. $No$ $other$ $calendar$ $patches$.

========================
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    19 out of 19 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

===================

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    19 out of 19 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ==================

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Try this, have a custom group selected. Then go into "calendar view options" from the calendar selector, toggle your default "all" group calendars on - off or off - on per calendar depending on the settings you want. Then back swipe out. It should still be in the custom group when you get back into the calendar view. Then try switching to all. See if it refreshes.
    No, it does not refresh

Which view are you in when it doesn't switch or is it all views? Which calendars are not toggling - default calendar or Palm profile calendar?
    It is in all views. Switching to all simply chages nothing, the "all" calendar group simply remains the same as the last selected group.

I just deleted all my calendar groups and created them from scratch: it changed nothing.
    I worked the issue around and created a new group called "all", that matches my needs.

Thank you for your help, I can live with it as it is.
    If I upgrade to 2.1.0 one of these days, I'll see if it was just my phone, and I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    I'm having an issue updating this patch. Here is the error log, the first entry is for an attempt to uninstall, the second is an attempt to update. I've replaced the 'edit-assistant.jsjsjs' $file$ ($w$/$o$ $the$ $quotes$) $to$ $no$ $avail$. $No$ $other$ $calendar$ $patches$.
    Where are you getting the edit-assistant.jsjsjs $from$?

There are a few options. If you don't want to run epr, like in Govotsos's post, then you can try to replace the files manually. If you look in the folders with Internalz there should be files that have the same name, but with ".orig" as the ending. These are the backups of the original files. If you remove the endings, so they just end in ".jsjsjs&$quot$; $then$ $you$ $will$ $be$ $doing$ $the$ $same$ $thing$ $that$ $epr$ $does$. $You$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $delete$ $the$ $file$ $week$.$js$ $and$ $any$ $files$ $with$ $uberxxxxxxx$.$html$ $in$ $part$ $of$ $there$ $name$.

If you search the thread for user "govotsos", he has a nice step by step to recover your original calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    No, it does not refresh
    Very strange. I don't know why it is not remembering your settings. You could try to clear the settings cookies.

I'm glad you found a work around. It should work correctly though. Is it the calendars that do not have the toggle in the normal "all" group? I suppose you could try to remove the patch and see if it works correctly.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Since Agenda is not working for WebOS 2.1 is it possible to remap the button in calendar to say the task or memo app?
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Since Agenda is not working for WebOS 2.1 is it possible to remap the button in calendar to say the task or memo app?
    No offense at all to espc31's idea (it's not a bad idea - but for me and a whole lot of others, a button to access either of those two apps would be just as useless since I use Done! and Notes rather than the built-in Palm PIM apps)...

I'd rather see someone try to find a way to create a new agenda view either within the calendar app or separate homebrew app. I understand the WebOS 2.0 access limitations are the issue, but I've seen greater obstacles overcome by the experts here!!! I think one of the guys here mentioned it's on their 'look into it' list.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    No offense taken GreenawayJ, I was just being general, I use Notes myself, I just want it remapped it to something useful right now it does nothing. You are right, I would like an Agenda view like I had for iambic's Agendus. or just some kind of synergy screen for my calendar.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Thank you! Truly! I won't be able to give it a go until the weekend but am sure it'll be fine!

Thanks again!

Where are you getting the edit-assistant.jsjsjs $from$?

There are a few options. If you don't want to run epr, like in Govotsos's post, then you can try to replace the files manually. If you look in the folders with Internalz there should be files that have the same name, but with ".orig" as the ending. These are the backups of the original files. If you remove the endings, so they just end in ".jsjsjs&$quot$; $then$ $you$ $will$ $be$ $doing$ $the$ $same$ $thing$ $that$ $epr$ $does$. $You$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $delete$ $the$ $file$ $week$.$js$ $and$ $any$ $files$ $with$ $uberxxxxxxx$.$html$ $in$ $part$ $of$ $there$ $name$.

If you search the thread for user "govotsos", he has a nice step by step to recover your original calendar.