Page 118 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It's actually "good" downgrading did not help, since there are no differences in those areas of the patch. I just double checked and the files are the same for reminder pieces.

That doesn't help your error though. Unfortunately, I can't get into the service code in 1.4.5 it's all buried in java files. I have zero experience doing java. I'll keep an eye out on my Pre-. It's only repeating events on exchange right? Any particular pattern to the repeats or is the event created in outlook, etc?
    As a test I have uninstalled UC. I have a few repeating events today so I will report what happens when I get their reminders. I only use exchange and the events are created in Outlook. I do not get the repeated reminders in Outlook.

EDIT: I am getting the same error condition with UC removed which is good for this forum. I just watched what happened. The time for the reminder came and 6 of them came in back to back. I then have to dismiss each on separately. Very strange and annoying behavior.

I am putting 38-4 back on my Pre+
    Last edited by swieder; 03/01/2011 at 08:29 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    frantid,
    for me it seems that you do a lot of work with UC, Tool. Spent a lot of time and brain in this patch, even if metaview startet with it. Once you wrote, that you are happy to be allowed to work with metaview on this patch. I am happy, that you work on it with metaview.
    It Is great, that he thought of you when requesting the dev device. This will bring UC forward!

Thanks all the people working on that patch (or the translation).

sorry for my english...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hm, somehow my calendar app now is completely broken:

After installing ubercalendar2_1_284-4.patch through QuickInstall and later removing it through preware nothing happened - ubercalendar still installed.
    (Yes, I did restart my phone)

So I decided to override the changed files by the original from the webos doctor. But after a reboot now my calendar will not startup at all!

I get some weired log messages about databse issues.
    Do I have to reset the db, too? Where is this file?

Any help appreciated!

Running 2.1.0 on PrePlus
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Ähem, never mind...

For everybody which are stuck at this point:
    Ensure (TWICE!) to use the correct original source and you're not copying from the wrong directory....

frantid,

Here is some more info related to the reminders not popping up:

I doctored my Pre 2, but did NOT install UC patch, but that did not fix it, I dont know why.

I ten proceeded to stop backups and REALLY start fresh as I believe half of the webOS bugs in 2.0.1 are related to using account profiles backed up from a 1.4.5 device (as mine was).

I will let you know the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    frantid,

Here is some more info related to the reminders not popping up:

I doctored my Pre 2, but did NOT install UC patch, but that did not fix it, I dont know why.

I ten proceeded to stop backups and REALLY start fresh as I believe half of the webOS bugs in 2.0.1 are related to using account profiles backed up from a 1.4.5 device (as mine was).

I will let you know the outcome.
    slightly off topic here but i am recieving a pre2 today --pre+ fried itself and then another in 2 weeks so i opted for new pre 2. If i start with a clean palm profile is there anyway to recover the apps i have purchased?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    slightly off topic here but i am recieving a pre2 today --pre+ fried itself and then another in 2 weeks so i opted for new pre 2. If i start with a clean palm profile is there anyway to recover the apps i have purchased?
    Yes, all of your apps are forever yours and will be downloaded auto. Just no settings, email account info, memos, etc.
    Yes, all of your apps are forever yours and will be downloaded auto. Just no settings, email account info, memos, etc.
    that is true if i use my current profile but after talking to palm / verizon india a few times i have been assured that if i try to start with a new profile on the new phone i cannot retrieve paid apps. i guess i will start with the old profile
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    that is true if i use my current profile but after talking to palm / verizon india a few times i have been assured that if i try to start with a new profile on the new phone i cannot retrieve paid apps. i guess i will start with the old profile
    If you go to "backup" app on the old phone and turn it "off" it will erase all your personal data from your backup profile at HP-Palm. However, when you restore the new Pre with your profile's email/password, it will download your apps that you bought (but not your personal settings). Just did it today so I know this is the case..
    If you go to "backup" app on the old phone and turn it "off" it will erase all your personal data from your backup profile at HP-Palm. However, when you restore the new Pre with your profile's email/password, it will download your apps that you bought (but not your personal settings). Just did it today so I know this is the case..
    sorry i got off topic and this will b emy last off topic post but will i be able to do this from the new phone if i run into problems prior to a doctor? -- the old phone has no connection to the internet or phone -- this is why i purchased a new phone
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    If by "clean profile" you mean a different Palm Profile than your current phone is using, then NO you will NOT have your apps available to you on the new phone. App purchases are tied to the profile and not the device. The only way to have all your previously purchased apps available on the new phone is if you use the same Palm Profile name that you used to purchase the apps in the first place.

BTW I discovered that not all apps carry over. Some games I purchased do not appear in the OS 2.0.1 App Catalog. YMMV
    Even after a webOS Doctor, my UberCalendar prefs are retained. Where are they stored?
    Even after a webOS Doctor, my UberCalendar prefs are retained. Where are they stored?
    In a cookie, but if you are using the defaults - they just get built if it can't find the cookie.

Did you get repeat reminders to work?

I'm using a Pre2 2.0.1, it was working I tried vibrate -- now they don't work any more.

@testers - is anyone having problems with repeat reminders in 2.0.1 or 2.1? I need to see if it's just me, my device, 2.0.1 or I should rewrite how it's done.

thanks.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    In a cookie, but if you are using the defaults - they just get built if it can't find the cookie.

Did you get repeat reminders to work?

I'm using a Pre2 2.0.1, it was working I tried vibrate -- now they don't work any more.

@testers - is anyone having problems with repeat reminders in 2.0.1 or 2.1? I need to see if it's just me, my device, 2.0.1 or I should rewrite how it's done.

thanks.

Frantid, your outcome is similar to mine. It was working at first, but when I changed the ring tone, reminders stopped working. They never started again until I webOS Doctored my pre with the doctor from the VZ site wich erased my USB. That did the trick.

As of now I have a working Pre 2 VZ 2.0.1 but I have not applied ANY calendar patches or added any calendar accounts (I am afraid too, I have doctored my phone about 7 times in the last 2 days and I am tired of doing it - I need my life back )

Where is the cookie stored/saved? It seemed that as long as the cookie is there, there were issues with the calendar.

thanks.
    frantid, also, I know that there is a bug in the code for 2.0.1 AND 2.1 related to reminder alerts in which your preference is not saved, and the use of "ringtone" will result in reminders playing your ringtone over and over indefinitely, until you press dimiss/snooze. It's horrible. I think the bad code is intertwining with UC patch and causing bigger issues.

I also noticed that a stock webOS 2.0.1 will not allow you to snooze a reminder. Pressing "snooze" dismisses the notification. However if you tap on the gesture bar, it will snooze by default. This is a know issue that is fixed in 2.1 I believe. I also noticed that the UC patch fixed this in 2.0.1 before I messed with the ringtone alert setting. Perhaps this plays into the issues as well.
    frantid, also, I know that there is a bug in the code for 2.0.1 AND 2.1 related to reminder alerts in which your preference is not saved, and the use of "ringtone" will result in reminders playing your ringtone over and over indefinitely, until you press dimiss/snooze. It's horrible. I think the bad code is intertwining with UC patch and causing bigger issues.

I also noticed that a stock webOS 2.0.1 will not allow you to snooze a reminder. Pressing "snooze" dismisses the notification. However if you tap on the gesture bar, it will snooze by default. This is a know issue that is fixed in 2.1 I believe. I also noticed that the UC patch fixed this in 2.0.1 before I messed with the ringtone alert setting. Perhaps this plays into the issues as well.
    I think my issues are related to my Pre2 not being activated. By looking in /var/log/messages, I see a lot of calendar error messages having to do with not having an active profile. I'm taking a family vacation in a month so I'm waiting to activate in a supported country.

I think your preferences were deleted, they can't survive a doctor. It's just the default settings turn certain things on. If you do a erase it definitely removes them, as I tested it. If you want to delete them yourself you can hold orange key down and tap "UberCalendar Prefs". It clears all the cookies, you can tell if it works by noticing if the UC Prefs drawer does not open or close.

That said, I think I'll spend some time looking into the differences between 2.0.1 and 2.1 to see if I can spot easy fixes. There is 1 already in the patch for monthly repeats. Maybe the next version I can include more of those fixes, but I really have to believe that Palm is not that far from releasing an update.

Thanks for the feedback.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I think my issues are related to my Pre2 not being activated. By looking in /var/log/messages, I see a lot of calendar error messages having to do with not having an active profile. I'm taking a family vacation in a month so I'm waiting to activate in a supported country.

Thanks for the feedback.
    As soon as I add my google cal account to my vz Pre 2.0.1, all reminders stop working on all calendars. I did notice as well that an event with a reminder created on the Pre syncs up to google with the reminder deleted. I think this is all related to webOS 2.0.1. I need them to fix it ASAP. I hope VZ doesn't make me wait 6 months for 2.1.
    webOS 2.1 for VZ pre 2 does not fix these problems
    @CraiaSoftware - perhaps you have a bad event? Do you have any events with html or special characters in the subject? Maybe you can create a test gmail account to see it it is a problem with the events. You don't have to remove the account to get rid of events, you can just toggle calendar support off in the accounts app.
    webOS 2.1 for VZ pre 2 does not fix these problems
    how do you know this?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+