Page 113 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #2241  
    Landscape views, yes, yes. Something we need. I will have a look in the week view as example. But it will take some time...

Invitations are not supported by the Calendar service. I have no clue how to do it. Maybe there is someone with a lot of knowledge in Exchange. This one could do it, but everyone else?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Landscape views, yes, yes. Something we need. I will have a look in the week view as example. But it will take some time...
    This would bring UC to a new level of awesomeness, helping us to wait 'till the new stuff anounced wednesday gets available.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

edit: 16 Feb. -- fixed translations, added prefs for showing icons in day view.

edit2: 16 Feb -- fixed not setting real "all" group if you went from Preferences to "Calendar View Options"

edit3: 16 Feb -- added check for default calendar to make sure it is enabled in the 'all' group.

New version for testing. Most of this version was implemented first in 2, but I've converted it back down to 1.4.5.

Additions/changes:

• Increase font for subject in template view. -- adjusted the font size. It's as big as it can get without increasing the spacing now.

• Calendar color in template view. -- the calendar color of the event is indicated by the background of the time of the template event. See screen shot.

• Confirmation in missed reminder swipe to delete -- thanks. Mamouton.

• Preference to turn off event markers in month view. -- turns off the squares that indicate if you have an event in the morning, afternoon or evening in the month view. Tap on month view enhanced to see the toggle.

• UC calendar groups -- make calendar groups that you can choose which calendars are visible, similar to the 'all' calendar group. See notes below and screen shots. I'll update the guide after 38 is tested.

Calendar groups:
    1. Creating groups: In the "calendar view options" scene, via the calendar selector button or through the preferences scene. Because of UC groups, the "calendar view options" scene will be SLOW to draw. There is nothing wrong, do not panic A "Default Group" is created. It has the default calendar set as the only member of the group. There is an "Add Calendar Group" button to add more. If you reach the limit of the number of groups added you will not be allowed to add another group. There is a warning message.

2. Setting groups: The list of all available calendars is scrollable, toggle the calendars you want on or off. Calendars set to off, will not show at all - they will not show as busy grey boxes, just doesn't work that way. You must have at least 1 calendar per group turned on or the group will not be saved. There is a warning message. The calendar app has problems if no calendars are enabled.

3. Naming the group: The name you type in the textfield will be used as the display name. You should be able to put what you want in there. Emoticons like do not show as the little pictures. I also did not test all the available symbols, so use common sense in naming your groups. If you do not supply a name, it will be named "Default GroupX" where X is a number.

4. Deleting groups: Swipe to delete. If you delete them all, the default group will be recreated on the next entry into the "calendar view options" scene. There has to be 1 group defined or there are errors. If you deleted a selected group, the 'all' group will be set as the selected calendar.

5. Using groups: Using the calendar selector in the date bar, choose which group you want to use. If you edit a selected group by toggling a calendar off or on, you will need to reselect the group or change views to have the changes take effect.

** notes **

I enabled the ability to deselect the Palm Profile account in the UC groups. This is normally not allowed in the 'all' group. I do not know the reason why, perhaps to make sure at least 1 calendar is active? If you see errors, because of this please let me know. I have been using it this way for a couple of days without issue, but please keep an eye out for it.

About the "calendar view options" scene being SLOW to draw. It just takes a sec or 2 to reset the toggles for the 'all' group to your defaults. The way I'm doing groups is to fake the 'all' group and dynamically set calendars off. So if you have a UC group selected and you go back in to "calendar view options", I have to set them back or you will not be able to change the real 'all' group. If this bothers enough people, then perhaps I'll have to provide an off preference. Please let me know if this too much of a pain -- it is the reason I only did it for 2.x and not 1.4.5. In 2, I don't have to set preferences.

thanks for testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 02/16/2011 at 04:18 PM.
    The UC-Groups are a VERY usefull feature.
    I like it.

Regards
    Ralf
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Looks awesome!
    I'll test it ASAP (my work makes me very busy at the moment).

Reading your post I had a dream: as ModeSwitcher is able to chage Govnah's OC profile based on the active mode, could UC be added as a service in MS to change the active group?

When at work, UC could display only my professional calendar, and when at home it could display only my private one + my wife's, or whatever I decided to put in the UC groups I created.
    Sounds good, no?
    And as I heard, Sconix has plenty of free time right now, perhaps he could help?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm sure I'm being thick but without having to read over a 100 pages to find my answer, I have installed the UberCalender patch, Looks great but I dont know how you install the additional pngs required. I have downloaded them but how do you make the .scrims/ubercalender path. You cant make a .scrims folder so I'm stuck and confused.

Also how do you use templates and where do you set them up. If I tap on templates, it just says No Templates found. Also any all day events aren't being shown in monthly view.

I'm on webOS 1.4.5

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by m13kyf View Post
    I'm sure I'm being thick but without having to read over a 100 pages to find my answer, I have installed the UberCalender patch, Looks great but I dont know how you install the additional pngs required. I have downloaded them but how do you make the .scrims/ubercalender path. You cant make a .scrims folder so I'm stuck and confused.

Also how do you use templates and where do you set them up. If I tap on templates, it just says No Templates found. Also any all day events aren't being shown in monthly view.

I'm on webOS 1.4.5

Thanks in advance
    check the preference guide here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html

for ".scrims/ubercalendar" just create "scrims/ubercalendar" then go in with Internalz and change it to ".scrims"
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Looks awesome!
    I'll test it ASAP (my work makes me very busy at the moment).

Reading your post I had a dream: as ModeSwitcher is able to chage Govnah's OC profile based on the active mode, could UC be added as a service in MS to change the active group?

When at work, UC could display only my professional calendar, and when at home it could display only my private one + my wife's, or whatever I decided to put in the UC groups I created.
    Sounds good, no?
    And as I heard, Sconix has plenty of free time right now, perhaps he could help?
    I'm not sure it would work, as far as the calendar app knows it is always just set in the 'all' group.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    check the preference guide here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html

for ".scrims/ubercalendar" just create "scrims/ubercalendar" then go in with Internalz and change it to ".scrims"
    yeah thanks for that, had just sussed that bit out from GOVOTSOS post on page 111.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm not sure it would work, as far as the calendar app knows it is always just set in the 'all' group.
    It was just a thought.
    Since I have MS installed, I really apreciate the way everything can be set up on a per-mode basis.
    If I push my idea further, it would simply mean that the content of the 'all' group could be different for each mode.
    Do you think it is worth trying?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @ frantid,
    I just noticed that the three last lines in the selector for the default event duration can not be localized (probably an older problem, but did not appear while parsing $L's. I noticed it as I read through your guide).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kratus; 02/14/2011 at 11:30 AM.
    It was just a thought.
    Since I have MS installed, I really apreciate the way everything can be set up on a per-mode basis.
    If I push my idea further, it would simply mean that the content of the 'all' group could be different for each mode.
    Do you think it is worth trying?
    I don't know how MS works, it would have to call a private function in the calendar app. I don't know if it can do it.

@ frantid,
    I just noticed that the three last lines in the selector for the default event duration can not be localized (probably an older problem, but did not appear while parsing $L's. I noticed it as I read through your guide).
    I'll look into it, haven't touched that part in a while.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just installed v38 and tested it, including localization: it works like a charm.
    I could add 17 calendar groups before getting the warning. Despite of these 17 groups, the calendar display scene was not too slow, in my opinion (on a Pre Plus @1GHz). It is a scene one does not go into very often once the groups created, so it's ok for me.
    Thanks for this great work.
    It's a feature I did not think at, but it is really usefull.

Are Calendar groups like Categories where I can have events assigned to groups like business, personal, kids, medical, etc?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  15.    #2255  
    In my understanding, groups are more like certain calendars combined in one group, to view them together. The standard calendar app only can show one single calendar or all together.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    @swieder - MetaView's right on spot. I was hoping to be able to do categories in 2.x That is why I named the icons in preferences categories. After experimenting it seems only outlook supplies category choices. I don't seem to get the option in a browser OWA session with exchange. Google doesn't support it either, nor Yahoo.
    Install of 38-1 failed for me.
    1) Uninstalled 37-8, restarted Luna
    2) Tried to install 38-1, failed and now I'm stuck. If I launch the calendar, it looks as though the install went but month view is blank, except for squares.

Any other files i need to replace besides those listed here:
    Code:
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$dashboard$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$day$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$prefs$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$reminder$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$week$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$calendar$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$formatter_service$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$reminder$-$manager$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$sources$.$json$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$calendar$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$event$-$colors$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$month$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$week$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$datetime$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$datetime$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$notification$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$repeat$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$repeat$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$javascripts$/$jumpto$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$day$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$edit$.$css$
    And remove
    Code:
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercategoryitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatemptylist.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatlistcontainer.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/15/2011 at 01:44 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    If you look at the last lines of /media/internal/webos-patches.log, it might say which ones are causing the problems.

The list is a bit longer for 38:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-options-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminders-list-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/repeat-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendars-manager.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/formatter_service.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercategoryitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatemptylist.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatlistcontainer.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/jumpto.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css
    you can delete html files in the list and week.jsjsjs. $They$ $are$ $added$ $by$ $the$ $patch$. $You$ $aren$'$t$ $using$ $QI$ $to$ $install$/$uninstall$ $are$ $you$?

Yeah, I tried QI first attempt. I'll check the log when I get home in 50 mins.
    The two additional offending files were:

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-options-assistant.jsjsjs

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendars-manager.jsjsjs

All better now :-)
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers