Page 111 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I never use month view, but one of first things I noticed when I first used WebOS's calendar was that in month view scroling has to be done verticaly (up or down). That's all but intuitive.
    If you work on it, I find it would be a good idea to enable swiping horizontaly, like in the datepicker.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    by the way, I seriousy intend to get a tablet. The main use would be to access to the family's calendar (each member has it's own google calendar, plus my work exchange one).
    I will only get one if UC is available for it.
    So, please, go on with your awesome work!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I generally don't use month view either (I'd rather see what the actual events are in either day or week view), but wanted to play around with colored square icons to see if that would be beneficial. When I saw the outcome I wanted to make sure I was using the correct dimensions (12x12) needed for month view.
    UC meets all my needs the way I use the calendar!!
    Has anyone made a nice icon for the alarm symbol? The one I have (bell) looks kinda ugly...
    What would you like for it to be?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    alarm icon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What would you like for it to be?
    well, actually I like the bell, it's just that it could be a bit nicer ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    alarm icon
    thanks for the icon!
    Am I missing something here? When I try and install an icon, it doesn't show up. It only shows the text in the notes field. Made sure they are turned on in preferences. Help please!!
    I am ready to smash this pos . Every time I update UC I have something not working. I have been reading through this post for hours. Nothing is working. 1 of 8 hunks not working. datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$. $Web$ $OS$ $Quick$ $install$ $won$'$t$ $run$ $the$ $novacom$, $web$ $os$ $repair$ $utility$ $won$'$t$ $run$ $because$ $of$ $a$ $problem$ $with$ $the$ $osdoctor$($WEBOS$.$tar$.$gz$. $cannot$ $find$ $file$/ $does$ $not$ $correspond$ $to$ $the$ $device$. ). $Until$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $problem$, $and$ $a$ $person$ $comes$ $to$ $the$ $site$, $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $say$ $anything$ $about$ $unistalling$ $and$ $lunastart$ $when$ $it$ $says$ $preware$ $has$ $an$ $update$. $UC$ $Won$'$t$ $update$, $install$, $or$ $uninstall$.

can I just get the old version back.
    Last edited by sk8sc; 02/08/2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sc View Post
    I am ready to smash this pos . Every time I update UC I have something not working. I have been reading through this post for hours. Nothing is working. 1 of 8 hunks not working. datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$. $Web$ $OS$ $Quick$ $install$ $won$'$t$ $run$ $the$ $novacom$, $web$ $os$ $repair$ $utility$ $won$'$t$ $run$ $because$ $of$ $a$ $problem$ $with$ $the$ $osdoctor$($WEBOS$.$tar$.$gz$. $cannot$ $find$ $file$/ $does$ $not$ $correspond$ $to$ $the$ $device$. ). $Until$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $problem$, $and$ $a$ $person$ $comes$ $to$ $the$ $site$, $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $say$ $anything$ $about$ $unistalling$ $and$ $lunastart$ $when$ $it$ $says$ $preware$ $has$ $an$ $update$. $UC$ $Won$'$t$ $update$, $install$, $or$ $uninstall$.

can I just get the old version back.
    Whoah, slow down a bit. If you are using the new Quick Intall 4.x that Jason just released, lots of people are having problems with the Novacom drivers. If you still have it, use version 3 until all the bugs are worked out. If you don't have it, go here: http://is.gd/9z6kl7

The problemss you're having with webodoctor could be because of how you downloaded it. To make sure you have the correct version, go to http://is.gd/dVvxzc and download the version for your carrier & phone model.

Now that you have all the correct versions of the tools you will need, follow these directions to get your phone back to a correct & stable state then successfully install UberCalendar. If you have further issues or questions, just ask. Just remember the old maxim, "Don't Panic!"

First, you need to get everything back to a good place.
    - open preware
    - pull down the menu & select Saved Package List
    - tap update - this will save a list of installed packages
    - swipe back to main screen
    - type "patch recovery" without quotes then press enter
    - tap on Emergency Patch Recovery then tap install - this will remove all installed patches
    - when EPR completes, restart your phone
    - on your computer, download webOS Repair Utility at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-1-a.html and make sure to click on the Java 1.6 link to verify you have the latest Java
    - make sure you have the correct Doctor file for your phone in the same directory as Repair Utility and named webosdoctor.jar. If you don't have it, go to http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions and download it
    - restart your PC - this seems to ensure better results for Repair Utility
    - connect the phone to the computer with USB cable and select Charge Only on the phone
    - run Repair Utility
    - I'm not at computer so can't give you step by step here, but pull down the menus & you'll see the one to run the check. Do so and let it overwrite or replace any files it needs to
    - the phone should restart when done
    - when completed, exit Repair Utility and perform a Safely Remove Hardware to remove the phone then unplug the phone
    - on the phone, open the calendar to make sure everything looks normal again
    - open preware & install ‹berCalendar and all other mega patches (sconix's advanced & system patches, email magamix, etc). We install those first to avoid conflicts during installation of other patches
    - in preware, pull down menu & go to Saved Package List
    - press Install. This will automagically install all the patches you previously installed. If there are any errors, that is probably because one or more of the patches conflict with the mega patches. This is OK because the mega patches already include that functionality
    - to complete the ‹berCalendar installation, install Agenda from preware and install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar on the phone. Make sure to include the period before scrims. If you are copying the icons using a Windows PC, Windows won't let you create a directory with a leading period in the name. Don't worry - create a folder called scrims and rename it using Internalz on the phone
    - perform a Luna restart on the phone & everything should be installed fine & ‹berCalendar ready to super-power your calendar
  12.    #2212  
    @govotsos: may I borrow your text for a UC documentation app which I want to release for free in the AppCatalog?

sk8sc: manual uninstalling/luna-rastart/installing is only necessary if you have or want to install a version from this thread. The official versions from preware can be just updated. Ensure you deinstall every other calendar patch before. They might conflict: "x of y hunks not working"
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    @sk8sc - do you happen to have minute interval or similar installed? You need to uninstall it, there is a preference for setting it now. I don't think there are any other calendar patches left that are not included in UC.
    @MetaView Of course! I keep wanting to clean and clear it up. Let me do this & I'll email it to you. PM me your email address. I've also worked out complete installation instructions that cover, I think, all contingencies. It's more of a flow chart. That's what I want to do for both installation & troubleshooting so it can be used as a simple recipe with no avenues not covered.
    I don't think I have anything patched for calendar. Nothing shows up. last time I had to install and uninstall calendar patches to make sure they were really gone.

I start panicking when my phone gets un ubered. It then looks like the useless excuse for a calendar that palm put out. Hopefully work will slow down an I can go through the directions soon.
    Now that Pre and Pre+ users are not going to get WebOS 2.x what is the impact on the roadmap for UC? From earlier posts I got the impression that 1.4.5 development was going to be stopped and new features were going to be on 2.x.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  17.    #2217  
    Who will still using the old phones when the shiny new Pre3 hits the road? At least not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Who will still using the old phones when the shiny new Pre3 hits the road? At least not me.
    But the question is, will the Pre3 ever be available in my country (Switzerland) and actually work with my carrier (Swisscom)...
  19.    #2219  
    Why not? Isn't any of the existing GSM Pres not working in your country? You can't buy apps, and I hope with you they will figure this out once. But it isn't that Apple or Google doesn't have limits in the countries which are allowed to buy on their app-stores.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Why not? Isn't any of the existing GSM Pres not working in your country? You can't buy apps, and I hope with you they will figure this out once. But it isn't that Apple or Google doesn't have limits in the countries which are allowed to buy on their app-stores.
    Yes, it works with my carrier, but setting up the mms was a pain in the a...
    Actually, I just found out by using palm's upgrade checker, that I have an O2-device (bought it on Ricardo)...:-)

Do you think the Pre3 will be available in Germany?