Page 110 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    #17. Meta-Tap to delete existing event.

Maybe I'm dense, but which button is Meta-Tap??? Is i the option button? if so, it doesn't work.
    Thanks
    @sdoczkat - meta-tap is hold in gesture area and tap.
    First, just wanted to report that I had no trouble updating via Preware, and am enjoying the templates!

One request involving templates: is it possible to increase the font size of the event name in the template list? And, maybe somehow show the color of the calendar that the event is in?

Now, a question that I've had for a while (and searched the thread several times - I'm guessing it's been discussed, so my apologies). In month view, it would be nice if the little gray squares could instead be given the color associated with the calendar that the event is in. Is there any way to do this, or a reason not to? I understand how icons would be useful here, but I'm not currently using them (too small to be of much use to my eyes!).

Thanks again to all for UC!

Regards,
    Tom
    Tom, from what I've read on this thread, it is not possible to make the gray sqaures the color of the calendar via coding. However, I seem to remember someone on this thread said they made their icons a square that is the same color as the calendar the event s associated with. Therefore, this achieves what your asking. But, I've never tried it, so I don't know for certain if this actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    Tom, from what I've read on this thread, it is not possible to make the gray sqaures the color of the calendar via coding. However, I seem to remember someone on this thread said they made their icons a square that is the same color as the calendar the event s associated with. Therefore, this achieves what your asking. But, I've never tried it, so I don't know for certain if this actually works.
    Thanks for the reply -- I was pretty sure that if it could be done, it would have been done, but you never know....

I can see how a colored-square icon would work -- may give that a try.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    First, just wanted to report that I had no trouble updating via Preware, and am enjoying the templates!
    Glad you like it.

One request involving templates: is it possible to increase the font size of the event name in the template list? And, maybe somehow show the color of the calendar that the event is in?
    I'll play with it and see what the maximum size I can put in without increasing the row height. I'll look into the colors, see if it's available in the same call for events. I don't want to put another data request in that will slow it down.

Now, a question that I've had for a while (and searched the thread several times - I'm guessing it's been discussed, so my apologies). In month view, it would be nice if the little gray squares could instead be given the color associated with the calendar that the event is in. Is there any way to do this, or a reason not to? I understand how icons would be useful here, but I'm not currently using them (too small to be of much use to my eyes!).

Thanks again to all for UC!

Regards,
    Tom

As cdonehew correctly pointed out, it is not easily done. Also if you use the colored square icons it will accomplish the same thing. You can turn them off in the views you don't want to see them in. It would also put colors in the templates, until something can be figured out.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    @frantid @MetaView You might want to change the link on op to say it points to the source & not something for the typical user.

Would it help users if a link to frantid's documentation thread was added to first post? How about occasionally tweeting about UberCalendar and the doc page. I've seen more UC tweets recently. I just tweeted the docs page to a user.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    OK, whoever set up the templates is a genius! It now makes the stock pre calendar useful again. Templates are just the ticket. Now, I have some events that have a repeat in them. For example, I am on call for 7 days in a row. When I save an item as a template with a repeat in it, the repeat gets lost and there is no repeat. Any chance of enhancing that? Thank you so much for your brilliant work!
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    OK, whoever set up the templates is a genius! It now makes the stock pre calendar useful again. Templates are just the ticket. Now, I have some events that have a repeat in them. For example, I am on call for 7 days in a row. When I save an item as a template with a repeat in it, the repeat gets lost and there is no repeat. Any chance of enhancing that? Thank you so much for your brilliant work!
    Unfortunately, repeating schedules won't save in a template. I tried and it just errors out.

edit: There are sanity checks in webOS that will not allow a repeating schedule to work in templates as it is currently setup.
    Last edited by frantid; 02/05/2011 at 01:26 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Unfortunately, repeating schedules won't save in a template. I tried and it just errors out.
    No problem. It still saves so much time, that the few I have to put in a custom repeats is not an issue. Thank you so much for your brilliance and the templates. Now the stock calendar is useful to me.
    How do I get the icons added?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprHero View Post
    How do I get the icons added?
    Download the ubercalendar-icon.zip file. Create a directory "/.scrims/ubercalendar" on the phones internal drive. Don't forget the period (.scrims), it's important. Copy the files from the zip file to this directory. To get the Agenda icon to come up correctly, install the Agenda app in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    this is the reason I have icons not showing in month view and some views for that matter. Hopefully there wil come a time when al views will be supported.

still an awesome patch
    I replaced the icons with the same names, shows up when I do usb sync but they are not there after I have disconnected from the computer. Any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by lelesf View Post
    I replaced the icons with the same names, shows up when I do usb sync but they are not there after I have disconnected from the computer. Any ideas
    When you say they are not there, do you mean they don't show up in the calendar or that you can't see the files themselves on the phone when using Internalz?

If you just don't see them in the calendar, make sure you have them in the correct directory. Using Internalz, go to the directory /internal/media. Look for a directory named .scrims (the period is important). If you find one called just scrims (no period), tap on it & select Info from the popup menu. At the top of the screen rename it to .scrims.

If you don't have any kind of scrims directory, pull down the menu, select Create Directory, name it .scrims (remember that period).

Go into the .scrims directory. If you see a directory named ubercalendar, all you have to do is copy the files into the ubercalendar folder & you're done. If not, do as above to create the ubercalendar folder & copy files.

To make sure the Agenda icon appears, make sure you install the Agenda app from preware.
    @govotsos - I have to admit that I don't tweet. After years of being on call and wearing a pager, I try to avoid as many forms of electronic tethering that I can. I do check out the "tweet" home pages of some people or groups occasionally that tweet to stay informed -- mostly webOS stuff.

I was going to ask you if you could post in the guide thread, your steps to recover an incomplete install or upgrade of UC. I keep referring people to your post anyway.

@all - if you have something you want to post in the guide thread please go ahead. As long as you think it could be useful as a general guide to users of UC. I'd rather keep the troubleshooting to this thread though.

thanks.

16.    #2196  
    @frantid: Thank you very much for this guide. It looks great. I add a link from the first post to the guide thread.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    When you say they are not there, do you mean they don't show up in the calendar or that you can't see the files themselves on the phone when using Internalz?

If you just don't see them in the calendar, make sure you have them in the correct directory. Using Internalz, go to the directory /internal/media. Look for a directory named .scrims (the period is important). If you find one called just scrims (no period), tap on it & select Info from the popup menu. At the top of the screen rename it to .scrims.

If you don't have any kind of scrims directory, pull down the menu, select Create Directory, name it .scrims (remember that period).

Go into the .scrims directory. If you see a directory named ubercalendar, all you have to do is copy the files into the ubercalendar folder & you're done. If not, do as above to create the ubercalendar folder & copy files.

To make sure the Agenda icon appears, make sure you install the Agenda app from preware.

Thanks. I did it in the .scrims directory, when the pre is connected to the computer the icons show up in the .scrims directory to the ones that I have changed but after I disconnect it and then look thro internalz they are back to the original ones. Could not figure that out, would it help to create a complete new .scrims after deleting the existing one ?
    Quote Originally Posted by lelesf View Post
    Thanks. I did it in the .scrims directory, when the pre is connected to the computer the icons show up in the .scrims directory to the ones that I have changed but after I disconnect it and then look thro internalz they are back to the original ones. Could not figure that out, would it help to create a complete new .scrims after deleting the existing one ?
    If you are using the same names but changing the images, then you need to restart your device. It's just how webOS does it's file indexing. You might try changing the name of the file with Internalz, save and then changing it back, save. I think that might force the indexer to restart without having to restart your phone.

Is this the expected placement of 12x12 icons in month view (not in the exact same position as the gray squares)?

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    @NachoB - yes, it's a consequence of the html elements and having moved the icons on top of the backgrounds.

One of MetaView's ideas is to change the month view to be a canvas like the day & week views are. I haven't started because I'm horrible at graphic design and I didn't want to do it before 2.x

@all - do you have a desired look for the month view? Can we get an agreed upon look? I'm working on getting things ready for when they give out the new version. Hopefully there won't be many changes from the latest release. After that's done I can start to play with it.