webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 06/07/2010, 02:59 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
Just installed this and Agenda, what a great and useful combo. Everything seems to be working except that the far left button that opens agenda does work however is just blank, it doesnt show up like the screen shot. I installed agenda after the patch and thought maybe that was the problem. so i uninstalled that patch and then reinstalled and it is still blank. anyone else have this problem? did i miss something?
thanks
Same problem here. However, clicking on the empty grey square does actually launch Agenda.

Are the multiple day reminder options (e.g. 2 days, 1 week, etc.) supposed to be in the latest version, or for a future version?

I'm not clear on the duplicating an event feature - is it supposed to be in UberCalendar, or does UberCalendar now not conflict with that separate patch Edit Item as New?

Thanks - great work!
Convert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 03:07 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
Screenshots are in the first post.
Thanks, I was wanting to see what the icons looked like in the month view. Had to reread some of the previous posts more carefully to realize that's not available yet.
thanks, Jim
jjeffcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 03:27 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
Same problem here. However, clicking on the empty grey square does actually launch Agenda.

Thanks - great work!
Aha, I see that Agenda icon is in the image file that you listed in the first post for downloading. After copying all of the icons into the USB/scrims/ubercalendar/ folder, I now see the Agenda icon in the left grey box.
Convert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 03:30 PM   #204 (permalink)

Great
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 06:56 PM   #205 (permalink)

Hey Metaview, is it possible to
1) Have icons in a drop down menu
2) Ability to create new icons, where one just have to name and store a picture.
kkhanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 08:35 PM   #206 (permalink)

Thanks for the great patch. I sure hope palm gets some better API's out so we could have colors on every event in the monthly view, I can't wait for that.
Greg Mair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 09:54 PM   #207 (permalink)

Hey, thanks for adding some much-needed calendar functionality.

The custom icons were handy, but I deleted them since they were showing up in the Photos app. Is there a way to hide that folder so it dosn't appear in Photos?
zParticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 10:18 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
Hey, thanks for adding some much-needed calendar functionality.

The custom icons were handy, but I deleted them since they were showing up in the Photos app. Is there a way to hide that folder so it dosn't appear in Photos?

The photo app will make a separate folder and name it ubercalendar, it will NOT be placed with your other photos, will be a separate folder.
Old 06/07/2010, 11:51 PM   #209 (permalink)

the icons show up in the photo app, that's right and I would call it a design flaw of the photo app. You could try to set the folder to hidden.

colors in month view have nothing to do with API limits. The month view uses just different way to render itself: day and week view use canvas, month view uses DOM elements. In canvas it's easy to draw everything whereever you want, with DOM elements you have to follow the CSS way.

about icons on the fly: no, they need to be defined in CSS before use, dynamical icons is nothing I want to fight with. And for Icons in menus: yes it would work, but I won't patch anything GUI related which has files for multiple languages.
Old 06/08/2010, 08:16 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
the icons show up in the photo app, that's right and I would call it a design flaw of the photo app. You could try to set the folder to hidden.

colors in month view have nothing to do with API limits. The month view uses just different way to render itself: day and week view use canvas, month view uses DOM elements. In canvas it's easy to draw everything whereever you want, with DOM elements you have to follow the CSS way.

about icons on the fly: no, they need to be defined in CSS before use, dynamical icons is nothing I want to fight with. And for Icons in menus: yes it would work, but I won't patch anything GUI related which has files for multiple languages.

Is it possible to define few icons that can be renamed?
Old 06/08/2010, 08:37 AM   #211 (permalink)

Awesome!!!
Old 06/08/2010, 09:37 AM   #212 (permalink)

This is awesome. Thanks. I got it working. I would like to see 3, 20, 25, and 35 minute reminders. 5 minutes makes a big difference with a class of 30 6th graders. The developers are the ones keeping these in peoples hands instead of thrown out the window. I might (try to)join the developers this summer when time becomes available. (programed my old palm)Thanks so much.
sk8sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2010, 09:38 AM   #213 (permalink)

@jimhuff: thx for your kind donation
@kkhanmd: you want different icons/categories than defined now? Making it dynamically doesn't work at the moment, but you could suggest some more. Well,when I think about I Will add a config file where you can specify 10 icon-categories you want to use.
Thanked By: kkhanmd
Old 06/08/2010, 09:42 AM   #214 (permalink)

I just added Ubercalendar. Makes the Pre calendar so much more functional. I highly recommend it.
sshoredoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2010, 09:52 AM   #215 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshoredoc View Post
I just added Ubercalendar. Makes the Pre calendar so much more functional. I highly recommend it.
+1
RUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2010, 09:59 AM   #216 (permalink)

<<Thread Renamed and Moved>>

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/08/2010 at 10:07 AM.
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2010, 10:04 AM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshoredoc View Post
How about telling us how it makes it better?
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2010, 10:06 AM   #218 (permalink)

^^^

UberCalendar patch tries to bring you as much enhancements as possible to your webOS calendar app:
* number of week in all views
* subjects in week view
* alarm symbol in day and week view
* colors for all-day events in month view
* much more reminder times
* reopen in last view
* back gesture to go to month from day or week
* buttons and shortcuts for new event and new all-day event
* command menu button for Agenda homebrew app
* icons in day and week view
Old 06/08/2010, 02:25 PM   #219 (permalink)

There is a thread devoted to this patch with lots of additional info.
jjeffcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2010, 02:27 PM   #220 (permalink)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0