Page 109 of 207 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ok, so how can I get this file in its original form? Thanks again for your quick support!
    You can get it from the doctor image or you can run Emergency Recovery Utility. Search for Govotsos post in this thread.
    Just installed the UberCalendar patch on my Pre Plus via preware. THANKS!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    That's a new error for me, it looks like it's complaining about the patch file itself. What are the next lines of the log file. Maybe a redownload

I would run, Emergency File verification to see if other files are not originals. If that comes out ok, meaning "nothing to report" it means you have restored all the original files correctly.

Then check to make sure you don't have these files (you can use QI "Linux command Line" and just do one line at a time with "ls " in front of the file, it will error if there is no file) :

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubercatitem$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubercatlistcontainer$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubercatemptylist$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubertemplateitem$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubertemplatelistcontainer$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubertemplateemptylist$.$html$
    If you do, then you should delete them.
    thanks for your help i just finally got the patch to install -- i had to just keep trying and then each time a different file would be at issue and i would use webos repair utility to restore given file -- 4 total i think -- patch installed now -- thanks again for your tutaledge
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i am trying to find the icons packs that were in this thread -- sorry so many pages to go through i cannot seem to find them -- any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    @mespiff check the UC guide in the webos patches section of the forums.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Finally I managed to install the patches by renaming of the fitting '.webosinternals.orig'-files with the Internalz-Tool
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Every 2 weeks, repeating calendar entry not saved.

I downloaded the latest Preware version today, got into day view for Feb 18, entered an event, pressed the Repeat button, chose Custom, set it to every 2 weeks until April 15, slid backwards twice to get back to day view, displayed monthly view, and the event is not saved. None of the dates in the repeat are saved.

Additionally, I had a repeating event going every 2 weeks, altered one of the events so that it was moved back a week earlier (i.e. changed series so that all future events from that day on are moved back 1 week) and all events previous to the day I chose to change were deleted.

This gets worse... the new repeating event did get created but a day earlier than I set it to. I'm setting it on a Friday and UberCalendar keeps putting it on a Thursday. I was able to get the event on Fridays by setting them up to be on Saturdays. Just slightly counter-intuitive.
    Last edited by thornev; 02/01/2011 at 02:59 PM.
    frantid and metaview one last little request on the missed reminder list can you change the autoconfirmdelete statement to false instead of true. This will allow the user to confirm they want to delete the reminder I just applied the fix on my calendar and it works great. Without the change as soon as you swipe the event it is gone so if you swipe the wrong one too bad!

With false statement
    @thornev - was this a palm profile event? Can you test it without UC installed? There was a bug before with Palm profile events. It was not dependent on UC.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @thornev - was this a palm profile event? Can you test it without UC installed? There was a bug before with Palm profile events. It was not dependent on UC.
    frantid - Always Google events. I never create Palm Profile events. Even though I tricked UC into putting the repeat event on Friday, when I run Agenda, it still thinks the repeat event is on Thursdays.

Also I see that not all UC events are getting synched to Google.
    I have the exact same problem as Thornev. Frantid and I posted back & forth about it somewhere in this thread. He had me try a different way of inputting the repeating event that I thought made the event save correctly (i.e. Not save a rpeating Friday event as Thursday) but to much frustration the calendar still repeats on the day before it's supposed to. Even more frustrating is I also started setting up the repeating event a day after it's supposed to repeat (so that it will show on the correct day on my phone), but if I log into Google to edit said event it shows it repeating on the day after (Which is the day I set it up for so that it would show the actual day of the event on my phone). I don't understand why it syncs correctly to Google but displays incorrectly on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    I have the exact same problem as Thornev. Frantid and I posted back & forth about it somewhere in this thread. He had me try a different way of inputting the repeating event that I thought made the event save correctly (i.e. Not save a rpeating Friday event as Thursday) but to much frustration the calendar still repeats on the day before it's supposed to. Even more frustrating is I also started setting up the repeating event a day after it's supposed to repeat (so that it will show on the correct day on my phone), but if I log into Google to edit said event it shows it repeating on the day after (Which is the day I set it up for so that it would show the actual day of the event on my phone). I don't understand why it syncs correctly to Google but displays incorrectly on the phone?
    Thanks, cdonehew - I was trying to find where we were looking at it. I think it is a bug in webOS and how it see's the recurring schedule. It only happens if you schedule around the UTC midnight. So if you are in the East coast of USA around 8pm time frame you will get the error. It's odd make it start at 7:30 and end at 8:30, it doesn't seem to have the problem.

As far as I know, it is not related to UC at all -- it's just a bug in the calendar.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    frantid and metaview one last little request on the missed reminder list can you change the autoconfirmdelete statement to false instead of true. This will allow the user to confirm they want to delete the reminder I just applied the fix on my calendar and it works great. Without the change as soon as you swipe the event it is gone so if you swipe the wrong one too bad!

With false statement
    No problem, you already did all the hard work! I think MetaView would agree to add it. I'll make sure it is in the next version.

Thanks.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Under the calendar pulldown there is an item titled Jump To.../Templates.

I understand and utilize the Jump To, but do not know what the Templates feature is.

Would appreciate some education here.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by wyhsbc View Post
    Under the calendar pulldown there is an item titled Jump To.../Templates.

I understand and utilize the Jump To, but do not know what the Templates feature is.

Would appreciate some education here.

Regards
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html
    there are alot of posts about this if you want an indepth view but frantid made a beautiful guide and then posted it -- look there for answers
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Another problem - I created a daily series event and I cannot delete just 1 event in the series. I had to delete the entire series. I created the event on a Friday, but again, the event got created on a Thursday. Maybe that has something to do with the inability to delete.

PS - The trick to create repeat events before 9pm seems to work.
    Ok, So I have been using uber calender for awhile now, I went to update it today and the update did not agree with my Palm so it errored and then removed it. Here is the error.

Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 87632 97 85424 0 0 5101 0 0:00:17 0:00:16 0:00:01 13104
    100 87632 100 87632 0 0 5192 0 0:00:16 0:00:16 --:--:-- 14417
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Ok, So I have been using uber calender for awhile now, I went to update it today and the update did not agree with my Palm so it errored and then removed it. Here is the error.

Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 87632 97 85424 0 0 5101 0 0:00:17 0:00:16 0:00:01 13104
    100 87632 100 87632 0 0 5192 0 0:00:16 0:00:16 --:--:-- 14417
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    start in this thread on page 107 at post 2138 -- follow through -- i had the same issue and frantid was able to help me resolve it
    by the way it looks like your offending file is usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    @huffman01 - do you have the "minute interval patch" or similar installed? You need to remove it. It's now included in UC. There's a preference setting for choosing 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 min intervals.

If not, follow mespiff's advice.