Page 108 of 207 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    @Kratus, hopefully just a one time thing. You didn't happen to swipe the calendar away with the preference scene active? It needs to be closed to save settings.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @Kratus, hopefully just a one time thing. You didn't happen to swipe the calendar away with the preference scene active? It needs to be closed to save settings.
    That's not impossible.
    I played around with the icons, and noticed I have to restart the phone (not just luna) to have UC taking account of icon changes when I replace an icon file with another one having the same filename.
    It is possible I swiped the card away with the prefs scene open.
    I'll take care of it.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    noticed I have to restart the phone (not just luna) to have UC taking account of icon changes when I replace an icon file with another one having the same filename.
    It's because of the file indexer in webOS. I hope they fix it in 2.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here is the updated Multilingual Localization Patch.

Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

New update on 31-Jan-2011.

Integrated translations for all new features of UberCalendar v37-8.

31-Jan-2011: Added a string I had forgotten (too many categories warning message).

Supported languages: Fr, De, Es.

Thanks to the contributors: CptOx (Es), Pulp (De).
    Be aware that the original UberCalendar patch is required and must be installed.
    Credits for UberCalendar go to metaview, frantid, frause, xanthinealkaloid, lexb, Lclarkjr.

Kratus.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 01/31/2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Upgraded to version 37b
    I know this doesn't really fit into this thread at this point in its evolution...but I'm new to this HomeBrew party, only recently having taken the plunge. I just wanted to take a moment and thank MetaView, frantid, and everyone else who have contributed to the UberCalendar patch. It is awesome, and has really improved the usability of the stock webOS calendar. As I have mentioned elsewhere, this patch reminds me of and has given back some of the features that I used to have when using DateBk6 with my various PalmOS devices. So...thank you SO MUCH! This is really great.
    Thanks and welcome, treodoc755. Glad you like it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Hear hear! I second that, treodoc755. The stock Pre calendar is a huge step backwards from DateBk6, but with this patch, the Pre calendar is hugely improved!
    so now the work for ubercalendar for webOS 2.0 can go on
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I updated the localization patch to version 37b in this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/2842155-post2144.html

I just added a string I had forgotten (too many categories warning message).

@frantid & Metaview:
    Please let me know if you intend to update to Preware, so I can do it at the same time with the localization patch.

Kratus
  10.    #2150  
    I'm not at home this week.
    @frantid: you could update the patch on preware also on your own. Just go to the patch submission portal on webos-internals.org
    patch 37-8 submitted to Preware.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Localization patch v37b (French, German, Spanish) submitted to Preware too!
    Just a quick note to all the testers, after the Preware version gets updated. You don't have to update to the Preware version, it will be the same patch.

Also, if you do want to use the Preware version -- you must uninstall the test version and restart luna before applying it. You can not upgrade or update a local patch.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

cheers.

edit: for those new to 36 & 37, remember you have to uninstall - "minute interval patch" if you have it installed. It's function is now included.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/31/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Looks like you had a incomplete uninstall. 2 files need to be put back in original form:

I would use Internalz to check if the originals are still there. They will have the same names, but with "webosinternals.orig" added on to the end. You can remove that extra ending with Internalz, it should prompt you if you want to write over the patched file -- choose yes.

If they are not there, then you need to restore the 2 files from a doctor image or use Emergency repair utility to replace them with the originals. Govotsos has a post with the steps to do this.
    i have tried to replace the files in internal and i also over wrote them using webos repair utility -- i still am unable to install this later version of the patch. i get the attached if i try via webos qi and if i try via internalz i get a different error that says " skip this patch (y) -- if i get time i will go ahead and doctor -- my concern is i assume i will not be able to instal the update in preware when it arrives but i will be tempted -- if i try will i be able to get back to the current version of ubercalendar?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have tried to replace the files in internal and i also over wrote them using webos repair utility -- i still am unable to install this later version of the patch. i get the attached if i try via webos qi and if i try via internalz i get a different error that says " skip this patch (y) -- if i get time i will go ahead and doctor -- my concern is i assume i will not be able to instal the update in preware when it arrives but i will be tempted -- if i try will i be able to get back to the current version of ubercalendar?
    That's a new error for me, it looks like it's complaining about the patch file itself. What are the next lines of the log file. Maybe a redownload

I would run, Emergency File verification to see if other files are not originals. If that comes out ok, meaning "nothing to report" it means you have restored all the original files correctly.

Then check to make sure you don't have these files (you can use QI "Linux command Line" and just do one line at a time with "ls " in front of the file, it will error if there is no file) :

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubercatitem$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubercatlistcontainer$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubercatemptylist$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubertemplateitem$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubertemplatelistcontainer$.$html$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$shared$/$ubertemplateemptylist$.$html$
    If you do, then you should delete them.

Preware patch is available, tested it on my Pre.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hello everybody,

the installation of Uber Calendar fails on my Pre. The log provides following info:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    68 87632 68 60235 0 0 36386 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 51089
    100 87632 100 87632 0 0 49409 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 67565
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 19 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by prebaco View Post
    1 out of 19 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Stefan
    Do you have any other calendar patches? Like wrap location field or edit event as new? Please remove all other calendar patches.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply. There are no other calendar-patches, but Agenda is installed. Shall I remove Agenda?
    Quote Originally Posted by prebaco View Post
    Thanks for your reply. There are no other calendar-patches, but Agenda is installed. Shall I remove Agenda?
    No you should not have to do that. It looks like you need to restore that one file to original form.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs