Page 106 of 207 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes, I understand. I did not know of this feature of just holding to draw more months. I'll try it for a while, before I ask you to do something.
    I discover new things every day...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Yes, I know, but when having to be fast, during a meeting or so, I'd prefer to have two months more to just flip.
    Are you really faster doing it that way? You can also flip to the last month and hold on any day in that month and it will redraw.

I find the date picker faster though. I can change the month or year and it will be redrawn faster than I can flip. I'm not talking about jumping, closing and reopening. I'm talking about just changing the normal date picker without jumping.

I'll think about it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Is it not localized in the popup in edit? It should be.
    No, sorry. Perhaps you fixed it in v36 as you mentioned, but I can find nothing localizable in v37.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You know you can change the month using the date picker and it will redraw? So if you change it to "June" it will redraw April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept.
    Yes, I know. But when I have to be fast, during a meeting or so, I'd prefer to be able to just flip one or two more months.

No, sorry. Perhaps you fixed it in v36 as you mentioned, but I can find nothing localizable in v37.
    Just put your translate terms in for birthday, party, or what ever you named your icons. It should work on anything you enter.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Probably we did not understand ourselves: I thought you coded things so that, for each default category it would display a localized name, if available in strings.json, but using the english names intenaly and for filenames.

2. I began using icons, and noticed that, in day view, the text "ICON=kids;" (for example) appears just under the event name. It is logical, since it is the first line of the notes field of the event, but not very beautiful. I thought UC could NOT display the first line of the note field in day view if the first line begins with "ICON=". What do you think?
    This is a good suggestion.

I might be able to do this like I did for the templates, just pull "ICON=name;" out and display what's left.

Probably we did not understand ourselves: I thought you coded things so that, for each default category it would display a localized name, if available in strings.json, but using the english names intenaly and for filenames.
    I modified it so that it will attempt to localize anything that is put in as a name. You won't see a $L() function, it's done with template.evaluate(). So you could put the default "english:translation" (I forget the exact format) names in for your patch. You can also add more if you want, it will attempt it and fail over to english.

edit: like they did it for the alarm and repeat strings.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    This is a good suggestion.

I might be able to do this like I did for the templates, just pull "ICON=name;" out and display what's left.
    That's exactly what I meant.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I modified it so that it will attempt to localize anything that is put in as a name. You won't see a $L() function, it's done with template.evaluate(). So you could put the default "english:translation" (I forget the exact format) names in for your patch. You can also add more if you want, it will attempt it and fail over to english.

edit: like they did it for the alarm and repeat strings.
    That's somewhat beyond my knowledge level. I'll look at it again, but I already have all the category names translated in my patch and nothing happens. I'll lok into this alarm and repezt thing, thank you for the tip, perhaps I'll learn something.

That's somewhat beyond my knowledge level. I'll look at it again, but I already have all the category names translated in my patch and nothing happens. I'll lok into this alarm and repezt thing, thank you for the tip, perhaps I'll learn something.
    Maybe it's not working then. I'll double check.

edit: found it. I left a piece out of the translation. (actually incorrectly declared the template variable)
    Last edited by frantid; 01/25/2011 at 09:14 AM.

updated to 37-6 here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2832580-post1988.html

fixed translation, removed "ICON=name;" from displaying in day view. Don't be shocked if you don't see it. Thanks Kratus for the suggestions.

@All - if you want your category/icon names translated in the edit scene icon picker, you need this version.

cheers.

@Kratus - did it fix it?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Is there any way to have an icon show when you have an all day event? All I get is color, no icon.

If it is a hourly event, works as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RB26 View Post
    Is there any way to have an icon show when you have an all day event? All I get is color, no icon.

If it is a hourly event, works as normal.
    Do you mean in month view?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Do you mean in month view?
    Yes, sorry. I use month view most of the time, I like to see things at a glance. I use the all day event feature for Birthday's and timed events for everyday things.
    Quote Originally Posted by RB26 View Post
    Yes, sorry. I use month view most of the time, I like to see things at a glance. I use the all day event feature for Birthday's and timed events for everyday things.
    I'll keep this as an option to include. It won't be right away.

edit: I'm going to work more on 2 than 1.4.5 going forward.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'll keep this as an option to include. It won't be right away.

edit: I'm going to work more on 2 than 1.4.5 going forward.
    OK, Thanks for the reply. I just wasn't sure if it was me, or if it wasn't an option at this point.

I'm not going to go to WebOS 2 without this patch, the old calender was pretty much useless.

Thanks again for your effort.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @Kratus - did it fix it?
    Sorry, no.
    I just installed 37-6; and the categories still display in english, both in prefs and edit scene.

In strings.json I have translations for all.
    Example for french:
    "birthday": "Anniversaire",
    "car": "Voiture",
    "doctor": "Docteur",
    "holiday": "Vacances",
    "kids": "Enfants",
    "party": "Fête",
    "plane": "Avion",
    "vacation": "Congés",

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm going to work more on 2 than 1.4.5 going forward.
    I won't go on 2.x until UC is available for it.
    This patch is really a must-have.
    Thank you for all your work.