Page 105 of 207 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurentP View Post
    37-4 patch installed successfully via Internalz.. with french translation...
    The latest features of v36 and v37 are not translated yet, in the version of the translation patch I posted in this thread.
    I am catching up as soon as the devs post new versions, but I wait until the next update of the first post to publish the next release of the translation patch.
    This is just to avoid having to ask the other foreing contributors to translate new strings every couple of days.
    As I understood, the next update will directly be v37, so I'll publish the next translation patch version with it.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid,

I just played around with 37-4, localizing the new strings.

The string "Monthly on the #{dowCount}th to last day" displays somewhat strangely since #{dowCount} in negative.
    So we get Monthly on the -4th to last day, for example.
    Can this be fixed? (use another variable that contains a positive value, for example?)

When an all-day event is displayed in the list of templates, a first line displays "all" and another line underneath displays "day". If the grammar is different in the target language, as it is in french for example, "all day" has to be translated as "jour entier". So I have to tranlate the string "all" as a string that means "day" and the string "day" as a string that means "all" to have the correct grammar in such a language.
    This is no problem yet, but if we happen to use "all" or "day" in the future in UC, the translation may be strange.
    May I suggest to use, in the particular case of this two-lines display following strings: "all " and "day " (each one with a space at the end). This would not affect the way it displays in english, but would avoid potential future translation issues?
    Last edited by Kratus; 01/23/2011 at 06:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just tried the new "templates" feature.

First, I discovered I allready had 3 templates...

In fact, I have one all-day event "New Year" that is set to repeat every year, forever, on january the 1st.
    Then I have two events that repeat every week, forever, on tuesday (1/1/2030 happens to be a tuesday)

So I just went into these events and scheduled them to repeat only until 12/31/2029). Doing so, I now have no event scheduled on 1/1/2030.

But, when I came back to the templates scene, I got other templates. I fact, events that occur on january the 2nd 2030 (forever repeating events too, that occur on wednesdays).
    This second issue, is probably no normal behavior, since the events are not scheduled on 1/1/2030.
    Finally, after deleting the events scheduled on january the 2nd 2030, I got a template scene with no template displayed.

To avoid all this, would'nt it be easier to store templates in the past? (1/1/1970 for example?)

I often use repeating events, and it would be a pain to have to ask me, each time I schedule something on tuesdays or wednesdays, or every 1st or second day of the month, if the event I am creating is likely to occur on january the 1st or the 2nd in 2030! (or allways to have to customize the repetition schedule to have the event stop repeating on 12/31/2029)
    @Kratus - I'll look into the translations. I tried dates in the past, they don't sync. But what I can do, since templates don't support repeating events, is filter anything with a repeat schedule out of the list.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I tried dates in the past, they don't sync. But what I can do, since templates don't support repeating events, is filter anything with a repeat schedule out of the list.
    That's a great idea!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Updated patch to 37-5 here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2832580-post1988.html

fixed translation issues, added a check for repeating events that repeat "forever" to not be put in the template list. Unfortunately, I can not easily catch repeating events with end dates on or after 1.1.2030 in 1.4.5 webOS. It is possible. However it would add extra time to the launch of the "jump to/templates" dialog, because I would have pull more details for every event.

@Kratus - changed to positive number, via Math.abs() and added space character to "all " & "day ".

@all - you don't need to update unless you need these features.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    DropBoxify, 2.89 in AppCatalog, but worth it.

I never ever use a cable to transfer a file on my Pre: I just drop the file in DP and it shows up instantly on my Pre.
    If you want a free solution, GoAruna works pretty well too.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Unfortunately, I can not easily catch repeating events with end dates on or after 1.1.2030 in 1.4.5 webOS. It is possible. However it would add extra time to the launch of the "jump to/templates" dialog, because I would have pull more details for every event.
    I just updated to 37-5.
    Works like a charm like this, thanks a lot.

I don't think it is likely that someone has events with repeating schedules that end after 1/1/2030... So your way to handle it is just right.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just wanted to report two things:

1. When I swipe to delete a template a get two big buttons to either delete or cancel, instead of the small ones we are used to see everywhere in WebOS. (I assume there is some technical reason behind it, but it is not so beautiful)

2. After having deleted the last template, the template list does not refresh, i.e. does not display "no template found". Event if I tap the "go to" tab and come back to the "templates" tab, it does not refresh. I have to exit the GoTO/Templates scene completely and reopen it to have the template list refreshed.

Not a concern, but just wanted to report it.
    I just wanted to report two things:

1. When I swipe to delete a template a get two big buttons to either delete or cancel, instead of the small ones we are used to see everywhere in WebOS. (I assume there is some technical reason behind it, but it is not so beautiful)

2. After having deleted the last template, the template list does not refresh, i.e. does not display "no template found". Event if I tap the "go to" tab and come back to the "templates" tab, it does not refresh. I have to exit the GoTO/Templates scene completely and reopen it to have the template list refreshed.

Not a concern, but just wanted to report it.
    Hi Kratus,

Thanks, I'm aware, but it's good you mentioned it.

With the big delete buttons, there's nothing to be done. As you assumed it's technically because of the hidden css styles in the widget. I manually adjusted the size of the template list to get more listed in the small amount of space. Without the adjustment, I'd only get 2.5 events in the window size and Pixi users would not be able to tap the "jump to" & template buttons. I'm forcing the list into a table to accomplish the sizing and layout, but lists aren't designed for tables or dialog scenes. Thus the big delete buttons.

Also the no refresh is on purpose, it takes a sec or two to poll the events. At start you don't notice as it's opening the dialog, animating and drawing the calendar. If I refresh, there will be a wait. My main concern with it was speed, thinking if someone just wants to jump then they should not have to wait on the events being populated.

cheers
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for these explanations.
    As I can see, you handled it right once again.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have been through nearly all of the posts in this thread, but still need help. I apologize if the solution has been posted elsewhere.

I installed UC today using Preware. Install failed at first, but I deleted other calendar patches and second attempt installed fine. All UC functions appear normal, except the icons.

I have created the /scrims/ubercalendar folder and copied the icon files from the first page of this thread. I have verified that the icon files are in the folder, and they appear in the Photos app.

However, the Agenda icon remains blank on the Calendar page, and adding the ICON=birthday; to the event notes has no effect.

All enhanced views are enabled in UC.

I have removed/reinstalled UC, but the problem persists.

Any help will be much appreciated.
  13.    #2093  
    .scrims it is (with dot)
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    .scrims it is (with dot)
    Got it. I'm sorry I missed it in the threads.

Many thanks.
  15.    #2095  
    No problem, enjoy your new calendar
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Postmorderm:

Was running 36-12 no problem.
    Tried installing 37-3 which had a bug.
    Got a bad install along the way.
    Was trying to clean up by restoring Original WebOS files.
    Did not have the complete list so subsequent installs of anything failed.
    Finally cleaned up all my calendar files to their defaults.
    37-4 installed successfully thru Internalz.
    Same procedure here:
    uninstalled 36-?? (don't now which anymore)
    tried to install 37-5 via WOSQI, no success
    restored original files via EPR
    installed 37-5 via Internalz - SUCCESS!
    i have a problem -- i can install uc from preware and it works fine and i could install the patch manually up to 36-12. I cannot install anything newer than this either through internals or webosqi. i have ran through the long fix -- epr / webos RU -- to no avail

short of doctoring are there any other things i can try?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have a problem -- i can install uc from preware and it works fine and i could install the patch manually up to 36-12. I cannot install anything newer than this either through internals or webosqi. i have ran through the long fix -- epr / webos RU -- to no avail

short of doctoring are there any other things i can try?
    can you post the last few lines of /media/internal/webos-patches.log?

It should have what the error was?

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @frantid:
    1. Do you plan to add other new features to v37? If not, I could update the other foreign translations and publish an updated multilingual localization patch.
    (btw, I am not happy with category names not beeing localizable at this point. sorry if I insist)

2. I began using icons, and noticed that, in day view, the text "ICON=kids;" (for example) appears just under the event name. It is logical, since it is the first line of the notes field of the event, but not very beautiful. I thought UC could NOT display the first line of the note field in day view if the first line begins with "ICON=". What do you think?

3. I very often use UC's awesome datepicker to create new events, and I often need to go forward more than the available 3 months. I imagine this limit is to avoid performance problems. On the other side I never ever need to go to the past more than 1 month. What do you think about creating a new pref setting where the user could choose how many month to render for the future in datepicker? (e.g: if set to 3 - default value - behavior unchanged: 3 months ahead + current month + 2 months in the past; if set to 4: 4 months ahead + current + 1 in the past; if set to 5: 5 + current + 1 in the past, etc)

@frantid:
    1. Do you plan to add other new features to v37? If not, I could update the other foreign translations and publish an updated multilingual localization patch.
    (btw, I am not happy with category names not beeing localizable at this point. sorry if I insist)
    Is it not localized in the popup in edit? It should be. I don't plan on adding more, unless it's a fix. I'm actually hoping we can move on to 2.0 soon.

2. I began using icons, and noticed that, in day view, the text "ICON=kids;" (for example) appears just under the event name. It is logical, since it is the first line of the notes field of the event, but not very beautiful. I thought UC could NOT display the first line of the note field in day view if the first line begins with "ICON=". What do you think?
    Possible.

3. I very often use UC's awesome datepicker to create new events, and I often need to go forward more than the available 3 months. I imagine this limit is to avoid performance problems. On the other side I never ever need to go to the past more than 1 month. What do you think about creating a new pref setting where the user could choose how many month to render for the future in datepicker? (e.g: if set to 3 - default value - behavior unchanged: 3 months ahead + current month + 2 months in the past; if set to 4: 4 months ahead + current + 1 in the past; if set to 5: 5 + current + 1 in the past, etc)
    You know you can change the month using the date picker and it will redraw? So if you change it to "June" it will redraw April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept.