Page 103 of 207 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ulli View Post
    I install Patches with Internalz, but how can I uninstall with Internalz ?
    You have to open the patch file again, it will change from the install button to uninstall if you have that patch installed.

But, Preware is very good at removing patches. You don't need to change how you do it. I just have all the files on my pc. Though I only increment the number by 1, it sometimes takes 4-5 versions before I will post that incremented version in the thread. So I'm always at the pc, that's why I do it that way.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Can we hear from folks with successful 37-x installs? I am on 36-12 and want to help test 37-x. Seems to be some install issues based upon the recent posts.

I dont mind manually repairing my Calendar to default since I have done that before. I would like to avoid a trip to the doctor.
    37-3 doesnt install, with QI or Internalz - back to Preware-version...
    @wolfi - you unstalled and restarted before trying? You can only uprade from Preware to Preware versions. Did you get an error you can post?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    wow, I did'nt follow the thread for a couple of day I have to catch up 5 pages!

Just wanted to say that 36-12 rocks. I did not experience any prefs loss since I installed it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Uninstalled 36-12 with Preware
    Luna Restart
    Mailed myself 37-3
    Tapped on attachment which launched Internalz
    Hit Install Patch
    "Patch Installation failed"

Is there a log file from the failed installation?

EDIT: Went to put 36-12 back thru QI. Install completed quicker then usual with no errors. Start Calendar and no patch noted. Preware says UC installed.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Did it fail right away? This sometimes happens, I usually just hit install again.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Did it fail right away? This sometimes happens, I usually just hit install again.
    Tried it twice and it failed with in 5 seconds.

Trying to install 36-12 via Internalz which seems to be crunching away. Odd that Preware could not install 36-12.

EDIT: Internalz seems hung trying to install 36-12. Looks like its time for a clean rebuild of the default calendar app.
    Last edited by swieder; 01/21/2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Post #2045 looks like the same experience I had.
    UC & datepicker modifies these files. You might try Emergency Patch Recovery in preware. It will uninstall all patches though.

Code:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$dashboard$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$datetime$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$day$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$month$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$prefs$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$reminder$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$controllers$/$week$-$assistant$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$calendar$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$formatter_service$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$models$/$reminder$-$manager$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$javascripts$/$datejs$/$week$.$js$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$sources$.$json$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$calendar$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$datetime$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$event$-$colors$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$month$.$css$
    $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$stylesheets$/$week$.$css$
    Did a Calendar clean up by replacing the above files and deleting week.jsjsjs. $Went$ $to$ $install$ $36$-$12$ $the$ $QI$ $and$ $no$ $luck$. $Has$ $the$ $list$ $of$ $clean$ $up$ $files$ $changed$? $Are$ $there$ $other$ $files$ $to$ $delete$ $or$ $replace$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $clean$ $default$ $calendar$ $install$?

thanks,
    look in /views/shared/ for the uberxxxx.html files.

also look for any files ending in "webosinternals.orig" you will need to delete those as well

look in /views/shared/ for the uberxxxx.html files.

also look for any files ending in "webosinternals.orig" you will need to delete those as well
    Nothing in /views/shared/ with uberxxxx.html or webosinternals.orig.

Preware thinks 1.4.5-35 is installed.

Other suggestions? I will update the default files again.

Are you recommending QI or Internalz to install 36-12? I have been using QI will not problems.
    do an uninstall in Preware, then reset the files like you have.

I normally run Internalz only. I'm trying to get mine to break, downloaded from the thread instead of my copy.

36-12 looks like it installs from Preware with no errors. However when I launch Calendar none of the UC goodies are there. I just reset all the files again and will mail myself 36-12 and install it from Internalz. Last time that I did this Internalz just got stuck with the Palm icon spinning endlessly.
    I just had a strange exp. I forgot about Internalz calling home to webos-internals to check for a valid patch.

... anyway, it failed immediately on install -- five or six times.

I just tried again on the debugger watching. If it fails right away, it's because it can't get to webos-internals. seems to install just fine now.

I'm going to re-upload to make sure and call it 37-4.

I just had a strange exp. I forgot about Internalz calling home to webos-internals to check for a valid patch.

... anyway, it failed immediately on install -- five or six times.

I just tried again on the debugger watching. If it fails right away, it's because it can't get to webos-internals. seems to install just fine now.

I'm going to re-upload to make sure and call it 37-4.
    I have a clean Calendar install now and can try 36-12 or 37-4. Take your choice.
    I would suggest 37-4, it's up I just loaded it on mine, by downloading, transfer with QI, install with Internalz.

It will sit and spin for a while, screen will go dark if you don't watch it and tap the gesture area.

if it goes off, after you turn it back on, it usually does not display the restart luna if it finished while off.

Installing 37-4 now with Internalz. Spinning wheels watch it go around.

EDIT: Patch installation failed. Bummer. Going to try 36-12

EDIT2: Patch installation failed with 36.12.

There must be other files touched that I am not cleaning up with the above procedure. Can you double check what files are being patched and list them here?

EDIT3: Even tho the installs failed. Preware lists UC as being installed. I did a remove with Preware and it says success.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/formatter_service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/repeat-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/jumpto.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercategoryitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatemptylist.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercatlistcontainer.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    the log for patches is /media/internal/webos-patches.log

so the bottom of that file should give clues.

don't open it in Internalz. Mine was 3Mb. It froze up Internalz.

Doing a luna restart and going to try installing 36-12 again thru Preware. Will do a file clean up to restore the defaults prior.
    Will Preware install a local patch file? I have not been following.

edit - I haven't been following Preware developments.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/21/2011 at 04:12 PM.