webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 01/20/2011, 03:03 PM   #2001 (permalink)

updated to 37-3, Pixi users can now read the buttons, sorry about that.

If you're not on a pixi, you don't have to change.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2011, 03:06 PM   #2002 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
But they won't appear as events in the calendar, or?
In my understanding the data model behind a calendar event doesn't allow events without a time.
Just tried via the debugger, it get's automatically converted to an all-day event with time. I think you're are right.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 01/20/2011, 03:08 PM   #2003 (permalink)

ok, my Pre is really messed up. 36-12 won't install either. In fact, non-patched calendar won't open now. When I try to install 36-12 or 37-2 I get a long list of errors such as:
Files to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The text leading up to this was:
------------------------
|Index: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
|==========================================================
|--.orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
|+++/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css

When I try to install from Preware, I get a long ipkg log with similar if not the same info (I can provide it to someone if it will help but didn't want to paste that long of a log here).

I am hoping I do not have to resort to doctoring. Anyone able to help?

Last edited by crawfpm; 01/20/2011 at 03:20 PM.
crawfpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2011, 03:25 PM   #2004 (permalink)

try run epr again, sometimes it works.
Old 01/20/2011, 03:46 PM   #2005 (permalink)

Well, I did EPR again and without installing any patches back, I still can't get the calendar to launch.
Old 01/20/2011, 03:54 PM   #2006 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Just tried via the debugger, it get's automatically converted to an all-day event with time. I think you're are right.
It might just be a Google Calendar feature. According to CL page, "Tasks map to Google calendar as untimed events". Maybe it's just webOS that can't support the feature?
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2011, 03:55 PM   #2007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
Well, I did EPR again and without installing any patches back, I still can't get the calendar to launch.
Follow these instructions:

Fix Ubercalendar

First, you need to get everything back to a good place.
- open preware
- pull down the menu & select Saved Package List
- tap update - this will save a list of installed packages
- swipe back to main screen
- type "patch recovery" without quotes then press enter
- tap on Emergency Patch Recovery then tap install - this will remove all installed patches
- when EPR completes, restart your phone
- on your computer, download webOS Repair Utility at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-1-a.html and make sure to click on the Java 1.6 link to verify you have the latest Java
- make sure you have the correct Doctor file for your phone in the same directory as Repair Utility and named webosdoctor.jar. If you don't have it, go to http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions and download it
- restart your PC - this seems to ensure better results for Repair Utility
- connect the phone to the computer with USB cable and select Charge Only on the phone
- run Repair Utility
- I'm not at computer so can't give you step by step here, but pull down the menus & you'll see the one to run the check. Do so and let it overwrite or replace any files it needs to
- the phone should restart when done
- when completed, exit Repair Utility and perform a Safely Remove Hardware to remove the phone then unplug the phone
- on the phone, open the calendar to make sure everything looks normal again
- open preware & install ‹berCalendar and all other mega patches (sconix's advanced & system patches, email magamix, etc). We install those first to avoid conflicts during installation of other patches
- in preware, pull down menu & go to Saved Package List
- press Install. This will automagically install all the patches you previously installed. If there are any errors, that is probably because one or more of the patches conflict with the mega patches. This is OK because the mega patches already include that functionality
- to complete the ‹berCalendar installation, install Agenda from preware and install the icons to /.scrims/ubercalendar on the phone. Make sure to include the period before scrims. If you are copying the icons using a Windows PC, Windows won't let you create a directory with a leading period in the name. Don't worry - create a folder called scrims and rename it using Internalz on the phone
- perform a Luna restart on the phone & everything should be installed fine & ‹berCalendar ready to super-power your calendar
Thanked By: crawfpm
Old 01/20/2011, 04:37 PM   #2008 (permalink)

I am near the end of the list of instructions (thanks!), there were a bunch of calendar files that needed fixing. I am still installing patches but I noticed that the original error message came up again on trying to install 37-2 (fresh, no patches at all installed). Installed 36-12 and no errors. Going from there and not installing 37-2.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 01/20/2011, 04:42 PM   #2009 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
It might just be a Google Calendar feature. According to CL page, "Tasks map to Google calendar as untimed events". Maybe it's just webOS that can't support the feature?
Maybe, but WebOS supports more than just Google calendar. Would be strange if some stuff only works with Google and other with Exchange etc.
MetaView is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2011, 04:50 PM   #2010 (permalink)

Quote:
I am near the end of the list of instructions (thanks!), there were a bunch of calendar files that needed fixing. I am still installing patches but I noticed that the original error message came up again on trying to install 37-2 (fresh, no patches at all installed). Installed 36-12 and no errors. Going from there and not installing 37-2.

Thanks again for your help.
try looking for these files...
Code:
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
They probably did not get deleted, that's why 37 won't install. Just delete them, it won't hurt 36. And if you want to do 37 later, it will help.

make sure they're with ubertemplateemptylist.htm

Old 01/20/2011, 04:54 PM   #2011 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
Maybe, but WebOS supports more than just Google calendar. Would be strange if some stuff only works with Google and other with Exchange etc.
frantid found that custom repeats for last day of the month worked with Google but not exchange. And I sortof remember a conversation here about invitations handling different with them also. Maybe this is another case?
Old 01/20/2011, 04:56 PM   #2012 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
try looking for these files...
Code:
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
They probably did not get deleted, that's why 37 won't install. Just delete them, it won't hurt 36.
Why do these code quotes always get terribly truncated on the mobile version of forums?
Old 01/20/2011, 05:00 PM   #2013 (permalink)

Those three files were not present. Oh well...
Old 01/20/2011, 05:07 PM   #2014 (permalink)

Quote:
That's too bad. Only thing else would be to try redownloading 37-3. In case it got messed up in transit. But your Pre deserve's a rest so I'm not in any hurry for you to try.

Old 01/20/2011, 05:14 PM   #2015 (permalink)

Being me, I went ahead and downloaded 37-3, uninstalled 36-12, restarted Luna and tried to install 37-3. Errored out. Installed 36-12 no problem. Giving up for tonight but there has got to be something more going on here...
Old 01/20/2011, 10:48 PM   #2016 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you using Palm Desktop 6.2? That has those options. Exporting contacts as .csv is fine too - Google will import that also.
I'm using Palm Desktop 6.2.2, but no CSV options for calendar. Only for Contacts.
thornev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2011, 03:07 AM   #2017 (permalink)

Quote:
I forgot; look for those same files with ".webosinternals.orig" at the end. Those should not be there either. The one's with "template" in the name.

Old 01/21/2011, 03:11 AM   #2018 (permalink)

Quote:
Could very well be. If you google for "google calendar untimed events" you'll find a lot of complaints about webos converting them to all day events.

Old 01/21/2011, 04:45 AM   #2019 (permalink)

"I forgot; look for those same files with ".webosinternals.orig" at the end. Those should not be there either. The one's with "template" in the name. "

I found three files with the webosinternals at the end. Deleted those and tried installing 37-3. It 'installed' but when I launch calendar, it doe snot show a patch being installed (no preferences, no extra icons at bottom for agenda, etc). I uninstalled and tried to move back to 36-12 and same issue, it installs but calendar runs with no enhancements and no option to have any enhancements.
Old 01/21/2011, 04:49 AM   #2020 (permalink)

very odd. They were the template ones and not the category ones? What are you using to install?

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0