Page 100 of 207 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    @thornev OK, I'm confused. It sounds like either you're doing unnecessary things or your description of the steps you're doing is incomplete (maybe assuming we know steps you're implying?).

Why do you have the Pre connected to PC by USB to transfer data from DateBk6 to Palm Desktop? All that data is on your computer and DateBk6 & Palm Desktop use the same database files anyway so there's no transferring between them necessary.

Can you tell me what the exact name of the Companion Link icon on your PC is? If About reports a different name than that, please send that along with the version number please.
    @thornev Actually we may be overthinking this. What is your ultimate goal? Are you wanting to continue using Palm Desktop on your PC and have the data synched between Palm Desktop, Google, & phone? Or are you just trying to get your data from DateBk6 into Google & your phone, then discard Palm Desktop / DateBk6 and do all your PIM work in the future solely on the phone & Google?

If the second option is your goal, you don't need Companion Link. We can cover that if that's your goal.

Whichever, you need to know that nothing from DateBk beyond the fields supported by Palm Desktop will be migrated. No icons, no templates, just the basic PIM data from Palm Desktop.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    @govotsos... My goal is to get what's in DateBk6 into the Pre calendar, and then dispense with DateBk6 and Palm Desktop, using the Pre calendar and Google as my calendars to be synched (although I like the idea of using CL to backup what's on Google into Palm Desktop). The process I'm using is DateBk6 -> Palm Desktop via HotSync (Using Classic) which works great. Then Palm Desktop -> Google calendar via CompanionLink and then synch Google calendar to Pre calendar via sync on phone. The last 2 steps do not work. Yes, I know that icons and templates won't synch. I don't use templates and I'll recreate the icons on the phone using UberCalendar methods.

CL icons on my PC are CompanionLink Synchronize and CompanionLink Setup. I followed a video to setup CL and it seems that CL did perform the synch, but as I've said, nothing appears in Google calendar that was in Palm Desktop calendar. About in CL reports "CompanionLink for Palm Desktop Pimlical" and version 4.0 Build 4029.
    @thomev OK. Let's make this easy. If you use Companion Link to copy the Palm Desktop data to Google, only calendar & contacts will be transferred (yes task sort of, but much less usefully). An easier way to accomplish this is to open Palm Desktop, select calendar, file menu, export, select export as .csv (I'm not at computer so I can't give you the exact steps - sorry). Give the file a name and save it somewhere you can find again. Select contacts, file menu, export as vcard, name and save file. To get it to google, log into google, go to gmail, select contacts, select import (top of contacts window towards right), browse & select the vcard file and your contacts will be imported. Do the same in calendar but with the csv file. When you sync phone with google, these will copy to phone. No Companion Link needed for this.

To also get tasks and memos migrated, we need to use Companion Link to sync the data to the phone. This will be done over the USB cable to sync the data to the Companion Link app on the phone.

On the phone, go to app catalog, search for "cl usb sync" and install the free app. On the PC, run Companlink Configuration program. These next settings are scattered on a couple of tabs. Make sure synch automatically on connection is NOT set. Set sync mode as USB. On the applications tab, set tasks & memos to SELECTED and calendar & contacts to NOT SELECTED.

OK. We're done with configuration. It's important to follow the next directions carefully. Run the CL USB Sync app on the phone. The first time you run it you will need to tap Create Accounts. Then tap the Sync button on the phone. (this step would prepare any data on the phone to be synced to the PC) Connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable & select USB drive mode on the phone. Run the CompanionLink Synchronize program on PC. Select Synchronize. Exit CompanionLink. To safely disconnect the phone from the PC, in an Explorer window, go to My Computer, in the right-hand pane, RIGHT click on the Palm Pre icon and select Eject.

Now the screen on phone should show the launcher screen. The last step is to press the Sync button on the phone again. This will take the data sent from PC to phone and integrate it into the phone databases.

When this is all done, you will have copied Palm Desktop calendar & contacts to google then synced to phone. Tasks & memos from Palm Desktop will be synced to phone. To access the tasks & memos, run the CL USB Sync app on the phone. At the bottom of the screen you will see 3 icons. The middle one opens tasks and the one on the right accesses memos. If you're OK with using the CL apps (which are pretty well featured) to access tasks & memos, you're set.if you don't care about syncing the tasks & memos with Palm Desktop again, you can delete Companion Link from the computer. If you do this, you need to realize that calendar & contacts will be backed up to google, but tasks & memos won't be backed up to anywhere. The only way to back them up is to sync them to the PC with Companion Link.

I know this is long-winded. I wanted to give you as much detail as possible so you can make good decisions and perform the actions necessary.
  5.    #1985  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Who's problems are you addressing? If mine, will I lose any of the settings I've taken hours to set by reinstalling?
    Yes, I addressing your problems. And no, removing UC will no touch any of your calendar events. Even the special UC settings are still there when you reinstall the patch.
    Point is that the problems you described aren't related to UC (in my opinion), and the only proof is to remove UC and to try with the stock calendar.
    @govotsos... My goal is to get what's in DateBk6 into the Pre calendar, and then dispense with DateBk6 and Palm Desktop, using the Pre calendar and Google as my calendars to be synched (although I like the idea of using CL to backup what's on Google into Palm Desktop). The process I'm using is DateBk6 -> Palm Desktop via HotSync (Using Classic) which works great. Then Palm Desktop -> Google calendar via CompanionLink and then synch Google calendar to Pre calendar via sync on phone. The last 2 steps do not work. Yes, I know that icons and templates won't synch. I don't use templates and I'll recreate the icons on the phone using UberCalendar methods.

CL icons on my PC are CompanionLink Synchronize and CompanionLink Setup. I followed a video to setup CL and it seems that CL did perform the synch, but as I've said, nothing appears in Google calendar that was in Palm Desktop calendar. About in CL reports "CompanionLink for Palm Desktop Pimlical" and version 4.0 Build 4029.
    To transfer from datebk6 to the webOS calendar, you can also use GooSync that is now included within the Classic bundle. Install the bundle from within Classic and setup GooSync to send it to Google calendar, then setup your webOS calendar to the same Google account and you're all set. I don't have Classic anymore, son I can't get you more details on the exact steps, but that's what I did to move away from DateBk6.
    3. For some events, I don't want to enter a time nor an all-day event. Birthdays are an example. I don't want them to show as all day events and I don't want a time on them. I just want an icon.
    Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to have an event without having a time associated with it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    If you are testing this version, you must uninstall your current version and restart Luna. Then install and restart Luna.

With all the rumors of updates coming soon, I decided to just post 37 for testing. Version 36 has been removed.

edit1: fixed calendar choice for template search - now follows the cal selector in the main view. Thanks, Ulli

edit2: squeezed a few pixels out of the dialog. Pixi users can now read the buttons.

edit3: upload to see if it fixes, install errors. also got a few more pixels for pixi users.

edit:4 23 Jan. updated for localization fixes and will not take repeating "forever" events in the template list. Thanks, Kratus.

edit5 & 6: 25 Jan. fixed translation.

edit7: 26 Jan added "No icon" as a choice.

37 includes the features of 36-12, for a description of the icon picker and changes in 36-12 see here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2802221-post1711.html

It adds:

• Templates - see this post for the description, screen shots and workflow:
      http://forums.precentral.net/2826841-post1886.html

• Warning dialog if your list of categories or icon names is getting too large. I set the limit at 1490 characters. If you have more characters than that, it will not let you add another name. If you need a lot of icons, use short names. I imagine at some point the list can become too long for the sub menu in the edit scene and you may experience slowness. I do not know the limits of the sub-menu widget in webOS. If you experience problems, you can use the cleaner patch here:
      http://forums.precentral.net/2830082-post1955.html

• Preference for "Goto edit from Templates" If you want to edit a new event from tapping a template, turn this on. If "off" it will return to the scene you were last in after you tap a template to add a new event.

• Menu for "Save as Template" - it is in the edit scene. Recurring schedules are not saved in templates.

• Orange/char key plus tap to edit a template - see the description for more info. Make sure to "Save as Template" after editing the template.

• Swipe to delete a template - in the Jumpto/Templates dialog.

• Search templates - type while the template list is showing.

p.s. sorry Pixi users, I have to find a way to reduce the dialog size or put a scroller in, you still should be able to tap the "Jump to" & "Template" buttons. "Jump to" is on the left.

cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 01/26/2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    open Palm Desktop, select calendar, file menu, export, select export as .csv (I'm not at computer so I can't give you the exact steps - sorry).
    When I do File > Export, there are no options to save the calendar as CSV, only DBA. Contacts can be saved in CSV format but not calendar. I'll try GooSync and see how that works.

Thanks for such a detailed response, govotsos !
    Installed 37-1 and it works, but found one bug. It shows only templates from calendars, which are switched "on" in the option "all calendars". For Calendars, which are switched "off", the templates are not shown.
    Even if I change to this calendar, it shows not the template, I have to switch the calendar in "all calendar" on and it works.
    Last edited by ulli; 01/20/2011 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ulli View Post
    Installed 37-1 and it works, but found one bug. It shows only templates from calendars, which are switched "on" in the option "all calendars". For Calendars, which are switched "off", the templates are not shown.
    Even if I change to this calendar, it shows not the template, I have to switch the calendar in "all calendar" on and it works.
    I understand what you're saying, I'll look at it.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/20/2011 at 09:52 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Just installed 37-1 and the templates seem to work just fine! I feel like in the good old datebk6 days again :-)

Thanks for your hard work
    updated to 37-2 up above.

It's just the fix for the calendar selector, you don't need to update unless you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to have an event without having a time associated with it.
    You might want to email Companionlink. They claim to do this when they sync tasks to Google. If it gets to Google & syncs to phone you should be able to backtrack? They game a full-feature trial so you test it out. Go to this page and click on Google to see what I mean. The trial is there also.

http://is.gd/zSRDHL
    When I do File > Export, there are no options to save the calendar as CSV, only DBA. Contacts can be saved in CSV format but not calendar. I'll try GooSync and see how that works.

Thanks for such a detailed response, govotsos !
    Are you using Palm Desktop 6.2? That has those options. Exporting contacts as .csv is fine too - Google will import that also.
  16.    #1996  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    You might want to email Companionlink. They claim to do this when they sync tasks to Google. If it gets to Google & syncs to phone you should be able to backtrack? They game a full-feature trial so you test it out. Go to this page and click on Google to see what I mean. The trial is there also.

Sync Palm webOS with Palm Desktop/Pimlical - Sync contacts and calendar -- CompanionLink Software
    But they won't appear as events in the calendar, or?
    In my understanding the data model behind a calendar event doesn't allow events without a time.

@frantid: nice work, shall I update the first post? And what about Preware?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    @MetaView - Thanks. Let me tweak the size for a pixi a bit. Hopefully, it won't have any errors in it.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Okay, I am stuck. I had 36-12 installed and tried upgrading to 37-1. First I uninstalled 36-12 and did a luna restart. Then installed 37-1 but it gave me an error, "Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details"

I tried installing the version from Preware and it installed just fine. Uninstalled and tried 37-1 and then 37-2 but same error. Could not redownload 36-12 since it had been removed.

Did an EPR (really hated having to do that) and installed 37-2 and two other patches via quick install, one gave me an error, third on list being installed. No error (that I saw) for 37-2. Opened calendar and it is not patched that I could see. Preware does not show it installed.

I tried installing via Internalz but it failed also.

How do I get 37-2 installed or even get 36-12 so I can try to install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    How do I get 37-2 installed or even get 36-12 so I can try to install it?
    I'll put 36-12 up, just let me know after you grab it.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have 36-12 downloaded now. Thanks.