Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    try resetting phone and then doing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure58 View Post
    Yay! Icons in month view would be awesome. Thanks for the much-needed app!
    Would be awesome. Then I can retire Datebk6 with Classic!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hey Metaview:
    From what people tell me swipe to delete is very easy to ask, maybe if you e-mail Rod at WEBOS internals, I am sure he would give you hints how to do it. May not take you more than few hours. Please please.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    1) Find a picture
    2) Open a image editing software, I use paint.net which is FREE
    3) Resize image to 12x12 pixels
    4) Name it: icon-event, for example i named my picture: icon-plane, use only those which are allowed (see first post in this thread)
    5) Save it as .png extension (please do NOT put .png in the name of the file)
    6) Transfer it to your ubercalendar folder (see my posts above for making ubercalendas folder)
    7) Now restart your device

Happy making icons
    Thats it. If you like this please hit thank you button
    I plan to try this.

My old 680 icons from Datebk6 were 20x20. It would be great if UC could support that icon size to allow easy reproductions of 50+ icons that I have collected.

Would be nice to have a place to share people's icons.
  5.    #185  
    the icons will be downscaled on the fly

@kkhanmd: I know, in a standard list it' just a flag to have this. But we speak about a Canvas-based renderer, it's not a standard webos list. But there is some drag'n'drop code inside, question is how to catch left/right dragging of events in an elegant way, at the moment it alters the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    names of the folders...... "scrims" and then "ubercalendar" please make sure they are spelled ok, caps does not matter.

The first thing that opens is the USB drive on connecting pre to computer. {Also known as internal/media} . Just make a folder named "scrims" in it and a folder "ubercalender" within scrims and store images there (from the zip file found in the first post of this thread)
    One itsy bitsy question - correct spelling is ubercalendar or ubercalender? You have both in your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    One itsy bitsy question - correct spelling is ubercalendar or ubercalender? You have both in your response.
    Sorry calendar w a.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    the icons will be downscaled on the fly

@kkhanmd: I know, in a standard list it' just a flag to have this. But we speak about a Canvas-based renderer, it's not a standard webos list. But there is some drag'n'drop code inside, question is how to catch left/right dragging of events in an elegant way, at the moment it alters the day...
    When stuck ask web OS internals for little help or the community, I wish I could
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Love this patch! UberRadio purchased as a thank you.

Some things I really appreciate are: alarm icon (cannot believe palm did not do this), back swipe to month, and especially a week view that is actually useful. Well done!

Along with others, I would love to see icons in month view. That was one of the most useful things I miss from datebk3. It made it very easy to see in the month view when vacations were or important days. I care a lot less about seeing ordinary events in month view. I would be happy if month view only showed events with icons. Basically, I do not need to see anything except the icon itself. I think you could fit two icons in the month view day view, and that would be fine with me.
    Anybody have screenshots of what the calendar looks like with icons?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #191  
    Screenshots are in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Anybody have screenshots of what the calendar looks like with icons?
    Yea with the Icons would be cool to see... ergo not the words "icon"
  13.    #193  
    I know it's difficult to read everything or find what one is looking for in such a long thread. But if I write: "look at the first post for screenshots" why don't you do it? There are 4 screenshots and 2 of them (on the left side) have icons shown.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hey Metaview: Will this website be any help in incorporating guestures:
    APIs Sample – Palm Developer Center
  15.    #195  
    @kkhanmd: thx, but you can be sure that I know these samples. I write apps for WebOS since almost a year and have several apps in the catalog.
    First time installing a patch here. Call me a newbie. Installed the patch but I'm working on the icons. I'm in USB mode and can't find the scrims/ubercalendar folder. Spent over an hour researching here. Can ya just tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrohrer View Post
    First time installing a patch here. Call me a newbie. Installed the patch but I'm working on the icons. I'm in USB mode and can't find the scrims/ubercalendar folder. Spent over an hour researching here. Can ya just tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    You need to create your own folder called scrims/ubercalendar in USB mode.
    Thank you very much.... I was just going to post that I had done that!
    is there a way to have the icons from agendus and the likes imported?

Great app BTW!
  20.    #200  
    if you have the icons in png format... just rename them and copy them to your pre, as described in the first post and also some posts above.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro