1.    #1  
    Would love to see a patch, that can remove the "Done" button so it will login just when you type your PIN

Pain in the *** you have to press "Done"

Also a PIN toggle like Data Toggle would be awesome !
    plus one. I think someone tried a patch like this but could not be done.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    This would be awesome, but I doubt it will be possible unless Palm implemented it. It would also be awesome if the "done" button were taller.
    I'd love to see this as well, the iPhone PIN implementation is so much nicer.
    +1
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    This was something new added with 1.4
    I think it has to do with the security stuff related to Outlook Exchange (EAS)? Now the pins can be more complex than just a four digit code. How would it know when you are done typing in your pin? Would you really want it to unlock just because somebody accidentally typed in your correct pin?

[edit] +1 for making the DONE button taller!
    Last edited by mk3; 05/06/2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  7.    #7  
    you are aware that with a four digit code the chance is 0.01 % ? I'll take the chance

Can anyone confirm this can't be done ?
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    With four digits there are 9999 possible codes (excluding 0000 of course). Anyone who has your phone, a charger and a little patience will get in. With the Done button they would need to know how many digits are in your code in order to enter it for unlocking. I cannot see how you could get rid of the button. How would the phone know you are done typing in your code to press the done button for you?

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I'd LOVE this. Both the "no done button" and the "PIN toggle in device menu" patches would be WONDERFUL. Please, someone give this a shot.
    @mk3 It could easily know when you're done. Why wouldn't it? If it knows when the PIN is incomplete, it knows when you're done. Even the iPhone has done this since 2007! And Nokia too if I remember correctly.
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'm sure somebody can figure this out but I would think its a real compromise to the security pin function.

Still waiting for a patch to make the DONE button taller!

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    the problem with this is that the PIN can be ANY number of digts, from 1 on. So, keeping the DONE button is kinda important because there is no set PIN size. This adds to the security as well because a potential hacker would need to guess at the PIN and the size of the PIN
  12.    #12  
    I can see the problems you guys is talking about. But I don't have any big company secrets on my phone that needs to be protected. Just hate when people reads my messages

And nobody is forcing anyone to use a potential created patch. If you think it's too much of a risk, just don't use it
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    I can see the problems you guys is talking about. But I don't have any big company secrets on my phone that needs to be protected. Just hate when people reads my messages

And nobody is forcing anyone to use a potential created patch. If you think it's too much of a risk, just don't use it
    I couldn't have said it better myself I feel exactly the same way.