1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to make a patch that would add a button in the native photo viewing application to rotate a picture 90?

It's really annoying having to connect my phone to a computer to rotate every picture I receive from someone else that isn't properly rotated.
    bump
    you shouldn't have to do that because the phone uses it's accelerometer to find out whether it is horizontal or vertical and adjusts the camera so. I have never had to rotate a picture I have taken with my Pre.
    Pics you take with the pre will usually rotate correctly, yes. But not ones sent to you by other people. I second a patch like this.
    Needs to be done differently, I fear. You need PDK/WIDK access to rotate the picture. But a tool for it would be nice, right.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Pics you take with the pre will usually rotate correctly, yes. But not ones sent to you by other people. I second a patch like this.
    Also I've had my Pre decide it was rotated wrong when I go back to look at pictures sometimes.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    pdk, really? we have things like internalz, switcharoo accessing and writing to the file system. why couldn't there be something to rotate?

also, crop. man i miss that.
    Even Internalz doesn't work without a (java) service.
    There is an app in the app catalog calle Photo Effects Plus for .99c that should do what you want.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    no, it doesn't. it uploads files.

thats what i mean, metaview, i would've thought someone would homebrew something like this