1.    #1  
    I don't know if this is at all possible, but it would be immensely useful if it could be done. Sometimes I want to use the virtual keyboard but the fact that it can't move anything out of the way to make it's own space makes using it annoying at times. It would be much preferred if the keyboard could push everything up in the same way webos does with it's notifications. Is this possible? If so can someone please make it? That would be amazing, and would greatly increase the usability of the on screen keyboard patch.
    +1

If I'm not mistaken, there is a virtual keyboard app that does this though I can't remember the name of it right now. But it's still not that good. I wish someone from webOS internals could develop something like this because it's sure to be a hit!

webOS Group is the development team that makes the notification area VK. It's available in the app catalog for $2.49 US
    Last edited by clayclay350; 05/04/2010 at 11:33 AM.
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    From the thread of the virtual keyboard patch:

Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Putting the keyboard in the notification area was one of my original goals, but up until 1.4 they didn't have notifications in landscape mode. There's still a whole lot I plan to do with the keyboard I just haven't had a lot of time recently to devote to it. As soon as I get free time, I'll be working on it again.

As for this app in the catalog, when you say it works for all apps does it display the text in the apps' textfield as you type?
    Searched forum for: virtual keyboard
    Searched thread for: notification area