1.    #1  
    hi there,

please forgive me if i missed, but i could not find a solution throughout the forum. here is the thing:

now we're able to add our contacts to the launcher, but when tapped, it launches the contacts app and shows the contact details. but if i want to call a specific number or send an email/sms to a contact from the launcher with a single tap, it doesn't seem possible.

there's launchpoint app but unfortunately i don't have access to paid apps due to palm's pointless country restrictions.

so, any suggestions or any benevolent developers??
    Quote Originally Posted by curumehli View Post
    hi there,

please forgive me if i missed, but i could not find a solution throughout the forum. here is the thing:

now we're able to add our contacts to the launcher, but when tapped, it launches the contacts app and shows the contact details. but if i want to call a specific number or send an email/sms to a contact from the launcher with a single tap, it doesn't seem possible.

there's launchpoint app but unfortunately i don't have access to paid apps due to palm's pointless country restrictions.

so, any suggestions or any benevolent developers??
    Hi mate

You'll be pleased to hear that there is a solution to your problem

In Preware there is an app called dg Quick Cut. It allows you to place icons on your launcher that automatically dial out when you select them.

Hope this helps
    SqyArc
    There is also an app "Launchpoints", which actually connects to your contact list to create its launcher icons. I find it better than DG Quick Cut, especially for SMS.
    you can also just set up a "speed dial" for example my fiances name is crystal so i set up the C on my keyboard as her speed dial so i just open keyboard and hold C and it will call her.
    SCK Manager
  5.    #5  
    hi there,

thanx for all replies

i'm trying the alternatives now.
    thanks to SqyArc: dg Quick Cut is a nice solution, but if it could access the contacts w/o need to type the number, would be better

tobias, thanks for the app advice, but as i said a don't have access to the paid apps (actually i can see them but can't register credit card number to app catalog, so can't buy)

@TMed_ATL: that's also a good way to easy access, but it requires to open the slider, which is not very handy to open with one hand (maybe because i'm using a second hand pre)

cheers