Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ok, i give up .. this is a patch right? where is it? i've been in preware looking for it and i can't find it.
    help! it sounds so cool i really want!
    it's a custom feed in preware that you have to add yourself. The feed url is in the first post of this thread.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    got it, now i just have to learn how to use it, going off to browse the manual.
    Ill have to post up my exact setups soon (they are long...)

Driving mode:
    - brightens
    - google maps
    - vz nav
    - phone : dial ##477# (which asks for location)
    - If my location is home on gps, turn to home mode
    - Wifi turned off
    - When driving mode exits turn Wifi Modifier mode on

WiFi Modifier:
    - wifi on
    -gps off
    - This is just a middle mode that will pick up wireless networks to turn other modes on

home mode:
    - tasks
    - calander
    - weather
    - wifi on
    - brightness down
    - gps off
    - triggered by gps location or wifi network pick up

Work:
    - triggered by wifi network or location on gps
    - volume down
    - gps off
    - calander
    - email
    - data off (not sure if this will block texts or not) (needs testing)

Economy:
    - everything pretty much turned off and turned down low to save power

weeknight time:
    - Everything shuts off and mute from 12pm to 6am
    - only mon thru wed night ( I sometimes go out on thursday friday and sat nights late)

For right now thats it. I need some tweeking to make sure they all switch properly and when needed. But thats what I would like it to do. I might think of other options as well too.

What do you guys think? Does anyone else have some complicated modes that are worth downloading?
    I'm using mode switcher very differently, and so I've been going back and forth on every component about it till I got it all figured out. I'm not using the menu patch for it till I can select just some of my modes to show there (wouldnt be surprised if that's available yet but idk) all my modes are modifyers. I'd use gps as a trigger but I don't like to leave it on. I have a plain default mode, but I don't want a default mode at all.

my sleep mode is triggered by wall plug in. Launhes sms auto reply and the clock app. Dims brightness to zero, and has the screen allways on.

another mode resets brightness to fifty percent when phone is unpluged.

my favorite is triggered by turning the ringer switch on, which launches myflashlight, and turns the screen off in 15 seconds, and turns ringer volume to zero. Myflashlight closes when this mode is turned off, and a flashlight off mode sets things back to normal when the ringer is turned on.

I put the wifi and bluetooth apps in my quicklaunch to individually auto turn on those hardware when launched using Ms.. But app triggers have a 15 second delay, so those modes don't really cut it for me. Same with my pandora mode to launch nodoze when pandora launches. In my expeeience, pandora runs smoother when the screen is on, and nodoze eventually takes the phone to the lockscreen which works better than an allways on screen setting for my use case of pandora.

I tried setting up a mod mode so that txt messages only buzz me when the screen is off, but it doesn't seem to be working...
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I'm using mode switcher very differently, and so I've been going back and forth on every component about it till I got it all figured out. I'm not using the menu patch for it till I can select just some of my modes to show there (wouldnt be surprised if that's available yet but idk) all my modes are modifyers. I'd use gps as a trigger but I don't like to leave it on. I have a plain default mode, but I don't want a default mode at all.
    patricksmangan, you can edit the mode switcher top menu by gesture tapping on it (or orange + tap)

This is true for all of sconix's top bar patches (Today Menu and Device Menu)
    that's what I was thinking he'd do. Might have to look into it again.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I have 3 main groups I'm using

charging normal mode - switch govnah screenstate 500/800
    car chaging modifier - depends on orientation, turn volume max, launch bfgmaps so I look at traffic
    home charing modifier - depends on wifi, adjust volume, turn screen off

Data on modifier - based on the other thread
    data on if battery is 100-75
    5 minutes every hour
    specific apps
    if being charged

email check modifer - because of 'data on' working best having "as item arrives"
    weekday if battery >75%, or on wifi - specific schedule per account
    weekend if battery >75%, or on wifi - check every hour

Low battery mode - if battery <30%, all radios off except for phone

silent mode - if mute switch on, turn all volumes to 0

I have a mode to turn bluetooth off when disconnected but it always locks up my bluetooth so i don't use it. Maybe if I call an app to turn off bluetooth it will work. I would prefer this to be if disconnected for >20 minutes for bluetooth and wifi. Will have to keep playing with it.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I use strictly manual for switching modes. Seems to work best for me.

EDIT: I now overlay drahgon's settings from his "All Day battery life" thread and am seeing great results.

Home:
    Phone: Enabled
    Data: Enabled
    GPS: Disabled
    Email: Per Account - Personal set to as arrives, work set to 24 hrs.
    Wallpaper: Picture of kids

Work:
    Email: Per Account - Work set to as arrives, personal set to 30 minutes.
    Wallpaper: Company Logo
    Ringtone: the office

Meeting:
    Data: Disabled
    Email: Per Account - Personal set to 1 hr, work set to 15 minutes.
    Wallpaper: Dilbert cartoon

Auto:
    GPS: Enabled
    Wallpaper: Picture of racecar
    Brightness:Maximum
    Ringer: Maximum
    Apps: BFG Maps, Geostrings

GameTime:
    Wallpaper: Team Logo
    Ringtone: Crowd Chant
    Apps: mlb mobile, yahoo fantasy
    Last edited by dentz; 09/21/2010 at 09:20 AM.
    My mods dont seem to want to switch properly.

problem 1:
    - Even when I put the GPS trigger to 2000 meters from my work location it wont switch
    - Even when I pick up my work Wifi (connected but blocked from the internet via a password) it wont trigger. Does the wifi need to be connected directly to the internet to switch...or just pick up a wireless hub?

problem 2:
    - Pretty much same trigger problems when I go home

If I cant trigger on wifi or gps then I really cant make any cool modes.

Right now I want it so that....
    Home mode will trigger on GPS location or wifi pickup
    When I leave home it will see the wifi drop and switch to driving mode
    when I get to work it sees the gps location or wifi and trigger work mode
    When I leave the work wifi it switches to driving mode again
    I use mode switcher to start up slideshow when on the touchstone. At night, I have airplane mode set.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    I am starting to play around with the use of MS to address the bulky Verizon GPS issue.

I have made a "GPS Profile" that

a) turns on GPS radio
    b) un-overclock back to 500
    c) activates app: VZnavigator w 15sec delay
    d) activates app: GPS-TripPanel (or GoogleMap or whatever) w 30sec delay

Upon closing Mod profile: close all opened, GPS radio off, return to screenstate 250/800.

So far, I have it on manual switching, and it seems to work very well. Simply switch to "GPS Profile" and I get location lock within a minute.

Hoping to tinker around and perhaps bypass VZnav by using James Harris' (spdsktr) GPS-fix. Perhaps auto activate mode by launching of GPS apps.
    awesome thread. i've been looking for a thread like this so i can get more ideas. because so far i have:

Home
    Triggers from WiFi connection. data/gps/bluetooth off. screen brightness 25%

Away/Work
    WiFi/Data/GPS off. to conserve battery because i'm away from my charger

Data on Demand
    a modifier mode. use it with my work mode to only use data when i open internet based apps.

Charging
    screen brightness minimum/data off

Battery Conservation
    only when battery level hits 35%. every radio off except phone. minimum screen brightness.
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    I didnt even know this existed thanks
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Is this possible?

I'd like the same behavior (clock on lock screen) when plugged into the wall as with a touchstone. I like to treat it as an alarm clock, but don't always travel with the touchstone.

I think Mode Switcher should be able to do this, treating Charger event / Wall Charger (with 0 delay) as a trigger, and the charger behavior would be Lock Screen...but it's not working - the screen defaults to blank.

I've searched the forum and been through the wiki and manual but I'm not having any luck. It seems everyone wants the OPPOSITE - wall charger behavior on the touchstone (which is easy with Mode Switcher).
    I have several modes -
    Work triggered either by Wifi or Location (one office has Wireless, other doesn't) which turns off all sound

Gametime!
    Triggered by Cubs games (calendar) which launched wap.mlb.com and Twitter

Geocaching/GPS which turns on GPS and sets brightness to 100%. All GPS using apps trigger this mode

Low power - triggered by 15% battery - disables all data/wifi/GPS etc - everything but voice.

I'm liking the idea of the 'good morning' launch.
    --MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    i have
    data on demand which saves me battery bigtime. WHenever I launch data-dependent apps, or plug in to charge, data gets enabled. It also does it by itself every 15 minutes.

Night mode-everything off, screen, phone.

Blackjack--launches app for 5 mins to get the free daily chips giveaway.

Touchstone--enable home wifi when I set it on TS.

MS rules and it can truly save you battery time. No need to have data enabled all day.
    I just started playing with this. I travel a lot between the US and Canada and want to leverage Mode Switcher to "do the right thing" without manual intervention. As I dive in more I will post my finding and configurations if they are of use.
    Neato!
    -Opens Neato! when connected to home wi-fi and on touchstone.

Messaging
    -Sets messaging ringtone to vibrate when messaging app is in the foreground

Morning
    -Triggers automatically at 6am on weekdays.
    -Opens Newsroom, Bible Reader, AniWeather, and DrPodder then closes 5 minutes later, leaving the apps open.

Wi-fi/BT
    -Manual trigger that turns bluetooth on and wifi off.
    Wow, lots of great ideas here! Here's what I've got:

Default Mode has Bluetooth off, all other radios on, Mid-level screen brightness and volumes, and require a Simple Pin to unlock screen

Bluetooth Modifier: Manually triggered, turns on bluetooth radio

Low Power Modifier: When battery level is below 25% and phone is not on charger, disable all radios but phone, screen brightness to minimum

Church: Triggers Sundays from 9 to 12:30, disables Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS, Ringer On set to Sound and Vibrate, all volumes set to minimum, Unsecure Lock Mode, Launch BibleZ

Work: Triggers on connection to office WiFi, Disables GPS, Unsecure Lock Mode

Home: Triggers on connection to home WiFi, Disables GPS and Data, Unsecure Lock Mode

I work in a healthcare facility, and have my Pre set to sync with our exchange server, so for security reasons, I have to password-protect my phone. But if my phone is at my house or at work, it's safe to assume that it hasn't been stolen and can then be unprotected. (Typing this up, I just realized I have a gaping hole in that, if my phone is stolen, it will happily unlock itself every Sunday morning. I'll have to add a GPS trigger to Church mode)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast