Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    after updating to 1.4.1.1 on verizon, I ran preware to update all patches. Everyhing worked except named pages in launcher. Here is the error log. Any ideas....

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Prerm
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    do you have the 'list launcher lite'? Since that patch was updated, (for me at least), this oatch no longer works. Remove list launcher and reinstall this or vice versa. Hope that's it...
    This patch still works fine. You first have to remove all launcher related patches and then you can update the Named pages patch. After it updates you can reinstall the other launcher patches.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I removed all other patches but am still having a problem updating the patch. It shows me the same error ipkg has the o.p. posetd in the first post any more ideas?
    Side note it wont even let me remove it.
    nobody?? would doctoring help with something like this?? i dont really understand how doctoring works.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13evo View Post
    nobody?? would doctoring help with something like this?? i dont really understand how doctoring works.
    If you've already tried deleting and reinstalling ALL launcher patches (note: remove all launcher patches and remove named pages last) and the patch is still stuck then I would suggest running EPR from Preware which will remove All Patches, then you'll just have to put all your patches back on...be sure to put named pages on before any other launcher patches.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

so it will remove all my patches and i will have to put them back on one by one?
    i look into it thnx for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13evo View Post
    so it will remove all my patches and i will have to put them back on one by one?
    i look into it thnx for the info.

Not necessary, if you've had any launcher related patches in the past, you must install and remove them as well and then the Named pages patch will update.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i already removed all other launcher apps but it will not update or remove the name pages patch. so i will look into epr tonite or webos repair utiliry. but for some reason my web os repair doeas not want to sinc wigh my webos doctor even though i updated to the latest versions ln both of them.??
    Lucky, I'm in the same boat exactly. The "Named Pages" patch won't install or uninstall on my Pre Plus.

I've tried uninstalling all other launcher-related apps, still no luck. I'm bummed, I loved that patch!

Pansy
    ---------------
    Added later - I just ran WebOS doctor and told it to "replace any miscreant file with original" and I still can't update or install the Named Pages patch.
    Last edited by Pansy; 05/04/2010 at 02:51 PM.
    I have the same problem, but I've not tried to uninstall all other launcher-related apps (which all updated nicely within a few days of 1.4.1.1). But is sounds like that doesn't work either...this is one of my favorite patches...used it ALL the time...well, MOST of the time.
    I'm right there with you. I've tried to update/remove the named pages patch. I'll update my post after I try removing 4x4 and add/delete pages. I hope this works.
    Great minds think alike...but I just got lucky and have the same patches as you sudarphani! I will be interested to hear how it works. Thank you for taking the plunge.
    I ended up doctoring my pre because this patch would not update or remove.
    I removed my other two Launcher-based patches (4x4 Icons v1 and Enable Add/Delete Pages), then was able to update the Named Launcher Pages patch. I think all is well again!
    I had this issue too, named page in launcher patch I found needed to be installed after an auto-hide launcher patch. I'm trying to get mode switcher and system menu mods working and it's conflicting with another patch that I had applied. I went to remove the auto-hide launcher remix patch and received an error. I was worried, but then thought it might have something to do with the named pages in launcher since it has a surce link in the system menu. So I removed the renamed page patch, then was able to remove the auto-hide. (it didn't solve my conflict, so I have since put them back on) I found that in order to use both the named page in launcher and the auto-hide launcher remix,you have to install the remix first, the the named page patch..