Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I think this was brought up a long time ago but I don't think a patch was ever made. I would like to have my pres screen stay on and unlocked when it's on the touchstone. It used to do this by default and some people hated it but I always preferred it. Keep my RSS app at work on a separate screen, much less distracting. right now I have the "add more times" patch so I can manually set it to never turn off but having it happen automatically would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I think this was brought up a long time ago but I don't think a patch was ever made. I would like to have my pres screen stay on and unlocked when it's on the touchstone. It used to do this by default and some people hated it but I always preferred it. Keep my RSS app at work on a separate screen, much less distracting. right now I have the "add more times" patch so I can manually set it to never turn off but having it happen automatically would be great.
    The No-Auto Off While Charging patch in Preware will do this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    "The No-Auto Off While Charging patch in Preware will do this."

Thanks but when I have it plugged in at night at home I wan't it off. but the touchstone I want the screen on. I can't be the only person who thinks this. Charger = charge but not use. Touchstone = charge + use. Especially nice for car mount people.
    "The No-Auto Off While Charging patch in Preware will do this."

Thanks but when I have it plugged in at night at home I wan't it off. but the touchstone I want the screen on. I can't be the only person who thinks this. Charger = charge but not use. Touchstone = charge + use. Especially nice for car mount people.
    I can definitely understand what you mean...I've sort of grown accustom to use the power button when necessary.

I did post a patch here which prevents the screen from going off when there's an app focused...If that's too much for you, I may be able to mod it to simply kick in when on the touchstone.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick replies on this. That would def be better than my current situation but I can also see myself accidentally leaving the phone on in my pocket or having it accidentally turned on and never going off, which happens to me some times know when I have the timer set to "never". Seeing as no one else has mentioned any interest in this thread yet I don't blame you if you don't want to bother but I sure would like it. Perhaps if a few more people express interest. Either way thanks very much for the help.
    Thanks for the quick replies on this. That would def be better than my current situation but I can also see myself accidentally leaving the phone on in my pocket or having it accidentally turned on and never going off, which happens to me some times know when I have the timer set to "never". Seeing as no one else has mentioned any interest in this thread yet I don't blame you if you don't want to bother but I sure would like it. Perhaps if a few more people express interest. Either way thanks very much for the help.
    If I get the ambition, I may try it out this weekend.

One thing to remember about the patch I was referring to above is the screen only stays on with a foreground app which makes the chances a bit less, but it could happen nonetheless.

You might want to try the mode switcher ap in the homebrew forums. I was looking for something exactly like what you wanted, when i stumbled on it. It lets you set certain "modes" for your pre. So i have a car "mode" that is trigered whenever my pre hits the touchstone.

This is what i have the car mode set up to do:
    Trigered when pre is charging on touchstone
    Automatically launches sprint nav
    Automatically launches pandora
    Screen stays lit
    When i take it off the touchstone, it reverts to default settings and closes pandora and sprint nav.