Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #161  
    Both basic versions were pushed into the Preware patches feed today.

However, the muted versions didn't go through for some reason, so you'll have to continue to use the patch files posted here in the thread for those versions until it's resolved.

2.    #162  
    Argh!

The delayed version still had a bug causing the speakerphone to switch even when the phone was placed to your ear. (I somehow missed a variable in the version I posted/submitted to Preware.)

I have posted new delayed versions in post #133. (ver2)

The instant versions are not effected by these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Argh!

The delayed version still had a bug causing the speakerphone to switch even when the phone was placed to your ear. (I somehow missed a variable in the version I posted/submitted to Preware.)

I have posted new delayed versions in post #133. (ver2)

The instant versions are not effected by these changes.

I thought I was going crazy
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

My Wife thought she was going crazy too. is the delayed version 2 coming to a preware near you soon???
    Thanks
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I thought I was going crazy
    Yeah...It really sucks...It really irks me that I missed that one line of code when I was making clean patch files to post/submit.

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    My Wife thought she was going crazy too. is the delayed version 2 coming to a preware near you soon???
    Thanks
    Yup...I submitted the update the same time I posted the updates here.

Hope this hasn't been discussed, sorry if it has.

But I'm using the preware version. Every time I dial a number, and immediately put to my ear...its on speakerphone (screen off). Why does it do that in beginning?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Hope this hasn't been discussed, sorry if it has.

But I'm using the preware version. Every time I dial a number, and immediately put to my ear...its on speakerphone (screen off). Why does it do that in beginning?
    If you're using the delayed version from Preware, please read the posts above.

change-audio-with-prox-sensor-delayed-mute-v2.patch
    Thanks, xanthinealkaloid! The latest version of this patch does just what I was after.

I've gotta say, it's pretty slick being able to turn a private call into a conference call just by setting the phone down. And the delayed version prevents this from happening inadvertently. Believe it or not, I wasn't even aware of the proximity sensor before discovering your patch.

Hope the new versions get out to Preware soon so everyone gets to appreciate your work.
  9.    #169  
    This is an email I just sent someone, so I thought I would post the info here as well...If you have any further feedback, most certainly post your thoughts.
    As for the instant version, I can confirm the current patch available through Preware works as expected.

You may be experiencing a random switch because any lapse in the prox sensor causes a switch which happens very quickly with this version...At that point, it may get stuck on speaker even if the screen goes back off because WebOS doesn't seem to do a very good job handling quick multiple events coming from the same service.

I've seen the same thing with the slider in my Inverted Keyboard Brightness patch which I had to do an initial double check just to be sure where it was if someone we're to open & close the slider very fast.

Anyhow, I may fix it when 1.4.5 hits or through a new adjustable version.
    You may never experience this problem because it has to be a fairly quick on/off cycle of the screen...The only fix I can think of right now is to institute a very short delay in the instant version as well, but I'm not 100% certain that will solve the problem.

Why has the update come for the delay in preware yet..... i want it so bad seems like it has been forever since you submitted it. Not upset just anxiously awaiting because i love the patch so much but it is def a little screwy.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have tried both the instant patch (basic) in this thread and the one in preware and whenever i receive a call with the wired headset in, the call goes through the speakerphone. should be going through the headset. when i place calls, it goes through the headset. anyone else having this problem?
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Why has the update come for the delay in preware yet..... i want it so bad seems like it has been forever since you submitted it. Not upset just anxiously awaiting because i love the patch so much but it is def a little screwy.
    I'm not yet able to push my own patches/updates...I really need to follow up on it, but my time has been very limited lately due to changes in my work schedule & workload @ my real job...Also, I've experienced some car trouble which has been consuming some of my spare time...Besides, I live in WI, so I have to take advantage of the sunny weather will it's here...To some degree though, there has simply been some lack of motivation I don't care to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    I have tried both the instant patch (basic) in this thread and the one in preware and whenever i receive a call with the wired headset in, the call goes through the speakerphone. should be going through the headset. when i place calls, it goes through the headset. anyone else having this problem?
    It's funny you posted this because I just happened to notice this today...I'll try to get it working better as soon as I have time...Unfortunately, the patch still isn't quite perfected, but it works under most circumstances for now.

All in all, I hoping to get the time this weekend to finish a few WebOS projects I've had on my list.

Which one just became available via Preware, basic or mute?
    It's titled "AutoSpeakerphone via Proximity Sensor Delayed", and is version 1.4.1-20. No mention of it being basic or mute.

If basic, is this the same one from post 133?
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/09/2010 at 11:06 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Which one just became available via Preware, basic of mute?
    It's titled "AutoSpeakerphone via Proximity Sensor Delayed", and is version 1.4.1-20. No mention of it being basic or mute.

If basic, is this the same one from post 133?

It's the basic version as uploaded in post #133.

I haven't rec'd any feedback yet on what's preventing the mute control versions from being pushed into the feed.

Is 1.4.1-16 the newest version of the instant one? Also does by default (not patched) speakerphone keep the screen on? I don't recall the behavior and was just wondering cause having the screen off and speakerphone on would save at least 100mA per hour depending on brightness. Forgive me if I'm overlooking something or it has been previously discussed in the thread.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is 1.4.1-16 the newest version of the instant one?
    Yes.

Also does by default (not patched) speakerphone keep the screen on?
    No.

I don't recall the behavior and was just wondering cause having the screen off and speakerphone on would save at least 100mA per hour depending on brightness. Forgive me if I'm overlooking something or it has been previously discussed in the thread.
    It is necessary for the autoswitching to work by the current method to block the screen timeout during a call…Overall, the impact is probably negligible under most circumstances…As you stated, the key factor being where the screen brightness is set, and I'll add the other factor is going to be call length & frequency.

All in all, I personally don't get too anal about battery drain…Instead, I get Touchstones(work desk, car, living room) and an extended battery for when the charger will be unavailable for more than six hours…With scale in mind, my Pre lasts about as long as my laptop would unplugged which I consider satisfactory.

I may, in the future, attempt to improve the patch to minimize the impact on battery drain...Until then, I would be interested if anyone has any feedback associated with verifiable substantially increased battery drain related to this patch.

I may, in the future, attempt to improve the patch to minimize the impact on battery drain...Until then, I would be interested if anyone has any feedback associated with verifiable substantially increased battery drain related to this patch.

The patch itself probably does not cause additional drain. But I figured I would bring up the quantified amount of drain a screen in the on state with minimum brightness consumes. This is verified using battery monitor, device in airplane mode, and screen forced on and brightness at the minimum (10% unpatched). Then do the same with screen not on and subtract the mA amounts to remove the idle state consumption to arrive at the amount the screen consumes. Like you said it is only a concern to those who are using a lot of talk time on speaker phone and don't have readily available charging to top off as needed. But the talk time itself consumes more than the screen, using the stock spec talk time of 4 hours that places phone radio during call consumption at 287mA per hour. I've not completed quantifying everything so the actual consumption by the phone radio during a call may vary from the calculated estimate I made for this post.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I love this patch. I am having a small issue though. A lot of times, when I start a call, by the times I get the phone up to my face it's already on speaker and then it takes a few seconds to register and switch to . Are other people having this problem? Is there anyway to protect against this? Maybe the phone could default to ear, and there could be a 5 or 10 second delay before it will switch to speaker.

Thanks for the great patch
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm using AutoSpeakerphone Delayed 1.4.2-5 from Preware, and it works perfectly with one possible issue. When I have my bluetooth headset on, the behavior I want is... after two rings, the headset picks up the call automatically. This is great in a car, or if the phone is buried in my pocket. Since installing the patch, the phone does not auto-pickup, I have to press the on-screen button to pick up the call.

Thanks for a great patch.
    good patch! Here is a related idea. I'm not sure if the phone does this all ready, but if not, it would be cool to have a patch that answers a call via proximity sensor.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast