Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    yes I am using the one from post 86 change-audio-with-prox-sensor-instant-mute.patch
    All I can say for now is I'll have to retest it because the screen was not timing out for me with the newest version.

2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    I am using the latest version of the Patch and it has been FLAWLESS in managing the speakers, but there is almost always a catch. I have Govnah and the UberKernal installed and this patch breaks the screenstate speed switching associated with Govnah. I have Govnah set to 125mhz screen off, 800mhz screen on... That works great until I get a call with your patch activated(not complaining, just reporting). At that point Govnah goes to 500mhz and will not change its speed until I open govnah back up and apply a change.

Anyone else notice this issue?

BTW, I was your 1000th "thank"

Thanks for reporting this...I hadn't gotten around to checking it out yet because I was wondering how the screenstate governor would respond to the prox sensor turning the screen on and off.

I was using the mute version I will try the basic one to see if the problem still occurs
    Any idea when the new version will be available in preware?
  5.    #125  
    xan I am having the same problem. when the screen times out the speaker turns off. Never noticed it before because I have always been on my bluetooth. Is there a fix for this or does the black screen signify the same thing as the proximity sensor?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Are you using one of the versions from post# 86?...If not, you'll have to uninstall what your using and reinstall one of those.

yes I am using the one from post 86 change-audio-with-prox-sensor-instant-mute.patch
    All I can say for now is I'll have to retest it because the screen was not timing out for me with the newest version.

I was using the mute version I will try the basic one to see if the problem still occurs

All versions have the screen timeout blocked in exactly the same way, so the version shouldn't matter as long as it's the most current.

I've retested the instant with mute control again…Whether the call was outgoing or incoming with the Phone app in focus; carded; or while using another app, the screen remained on the whole time as it should, unless the prox sensor was covered...All in all, the patch certainly seems to be functioning properly in this regard.

If the problem persists for you, I would have to speculate you may have another app which is breaking the screen block but even that would be a long shot.

I noticed another thing today. If you talk on a bluetooth headset and you manually switch over to back speaker or front speaker, it disables the autoswitching.

It works if you don't have bluetooth activated and manually switches between front and back speaker.

I'm using the mute instant version from post 86.

Edit: Also, might I suggest changing the version number in the patch header for each uploaded version? It would make bug reporting much easier. "the one in post 86" or "the latest one" isn't very precise when there has, in fact, been three versions in post 86.
    Last edited by frause; 05/14/2010 at 09:34 AM.
  7.    #127  
    I am using the latest version of the Patch and it has been FLAWLESS in managing the speakers, but there is almost always a catch. I have Govnah and the UberKernal installed and this patch breaks the screenstate speed switching associated with Govnah. I have Govnah set to 125mhz screen off, 800mhz screen on... That works great until I get a call with your patch activated(not complaining, just reporting). At that point Govnah goes to 500mhz and will not change its speed until I open govnah back up and apply a change.

Bummer…I did my best to recreate the issue above, but I was unable to experience the problem…It appears, at least for me, the combination of this patch, the UberKernel, and the Govnah app setting the govenor to screenstate at 125MHz(off) & 800MHz(on) is working fine.

If anyone else has this issue, please report.

its not an issue... the point is that currently the minimum frequency that can be supported in Govnah is 500 Mhz, so if you even can put to 125 or 250 with screen state mode you just make it visual, but not technically... try to connect Palm pre to PC and via command line check the CPU ( cat /proc/cpuinfo) and you will see - minimum is 500 Mhz even u put 125 or so... developers tell that later they could make less frequencies in Govnah to work...
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I noticed another thing today. If you talk on a bluetooth headset and you manually switch over to back speaker or front speaker, it disables the autoswitching.

It works if you don't have bluetooth activated and manually switches between front and back speaker.

I'm using the mute instant version from post 86.

It may be due to how I tweaked the parameters for when the autoswitching would be active…My main goal was to make sure it wouldn't break BT or when any other audio routes would be in use…I'm working on getting everything right for an update, so it can be uploaded here & submitted for Preware…I appreciate the BT report.

Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Edit: Also, might I suggest changing the version number in the patch header for each uploaded version? It would make bug reporting much easier. "the one in post 86" or "the latest one" isn't very precise when there has, in fact, been three versions in post 86.

Good point…This patch has become quite a side project with all the little nuances, so I'm doing my best.

EDIT: One thing to consider with this point is that if someone is having trouble the sensible thing to do is uninstall what's being used and download a fresh copy to reinstall...At that point, it can be checked to see if the issue is still there.

I have an issue removing the patch. After i had installed and received a call, my phone app went blank. each time i have to restart the phone in order to have my phone app to work!!!

What to do??
    Oh ... Here is the error message i get when used with WebosQuickinstall:

" ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkg/ipkgScript.sh
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details"

Please help me out as i cant use my phone app..
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedo22 View Post
    I have an issue removing the patch. After i had installed and received a call, my phone app went blank. each time i have to restart the phone in order to have my phone app to work!!!

What to do??
    Absolutely no idea why this would happen...The current version posted shouldn't cause what your describing unless the patch file was modified after downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedo22 View Post
    Oh ... Here is the error message i get when used with WebosQuickinstall:

" ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkg/ipkgScript.sh
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details"

Please help me out as i cant use my phone app..
    I need you to send me your webos-patches.log...It will help me identify what's going on.

13.    #133  
    This patch switches between the front and back speaker as the display is turned on & off by the proximity sensor with alternate versions available to enable/disable the feature using the mute/ringer switch.

4 versions will now be available:

• INSTANT - immediately changes the audio route when the display is turned on or off + alternate with mute/ringer option
    • DELAYED - a 2 second delay is observed before the audio route is changed from front to back only; the back to front will change immediately + alternate with mute/ringer option

No adjustable version will be available yet.

Points of Interest

• When the call is initiated and the mute switch is off, the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled, as usual, with the default audio route set to the current screen state. (The only way I was able to break the initial call state was by literally covering the prox sensor while I pressed the call/answer button.)
    • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is on, the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled with the audio routed to the front speaker.
    • If the mute switch is turned off during a call, the audio route will be change to the back speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled. (The change will occur whether or not the prox sensor is covered, i.e. the display is on or off.)
    • If the mute switch is turned on during a call, the audio route will be change to the front speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled. (The change will occur whether or not the prox sensor is covered, i.e. the display is on or off.)
    • In all cases, the speakerphone button will function as default.
    • BT/headset/aux audio compatible.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    xan what does the basic patch do? I usually keep my phone on silent and the bluetooth in my ear. Which one would be best for that scenario?
  15.    #135  
    xan what does the basic patch do?
    Both basic versions don't include the mute/ringer switch option to enable/disable the AutoSpeakerphone.

I usually keep my phone on silent and the bluetooth in my ear. Which one would be best for that scenario?
    Hmmm...I had to breakdown and purchase a BT headset to completely test this patch.

Since you keep your ringer muted and BT in use most of the time, you will probably want to choose one of the basic versions, so the AutoSpeaker is available for you...Also, you'll notice the AutoSpeaker is available when you BT headset is active.

It'll be easier to try out the different versions once they get loaded into the feed.

16.    #136  
    Just to clarify before the updates hit Preware...

If you elect to have the mute control, you will be prompted to install the "regular" first, then you'll install the patch to added the mute/ringer control.

Has anyone had issue with effecting blue tooth. I have blue tooth through my car stereo and it is not working right after installing the patch.

the phone goes to speaker, sitting on the dash instead of to my BT.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Has anyone had issue with effecting blue tooth. I have blue tooth through my car stereo and it is not working right after installing the patch.
    the phone goes to speaker, sitting on the dash instead of to my BT.
    As I don't have a BT car stereo, I don't know about that exact scenario, but the BT headset I purchased works fine.

However, I noticed with or without the patch when the BT was active it would go to a phone audio route when the call was answered using the on-screen buttons versus going to BT when the "unwired" button was used.
    Just to clarify before the updates hit Preware...

If you elect to have the mute control, you will be prompted to install the "regular" first, then you'll install the patch to added the mute/ringer control.

So we are installing two patches?
  20.    #140  
    So we are installing two patches?
    Not yet...For now, you can simply install the individual patch which best fits your needs.

When the new versions show up through Preware, you'll have to uninstall the patch file....If you using a mute control, you'll then need to install the "basic" prior to the mut control because it seemed best to make a dependecy with all the overlapping code.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast