Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    great patch....
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    this patch failed on me twice in the same call...my phone was on my ear and call went to speaker phone twice I took it off my face fast and the display was off so its not the proximity sensor
    I have also experienced this issue, however I haven't updated the patch since you fixed it to work with the screen shutoff bug. I'll update it and see if that fixes...
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I have also experienced this issue, however I haven't updated the patch since you fixed it to work with the screen shutoff bug. I'll update it and see if that fixes...
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do about this one because I can't recreate the problem.

As far as I can tell, the patch is functioning as it should at this point.

I'll be posting a new version shortly which will allow the user to set the delay from 0 to 3 seconds...I'm just have to finish up the labeling and a final test to make sure it's pulling the value.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    first, can't wait to try this one.
    Have you tested it with variations of ending calls? such as simply by flicking the app off the screen, or pressing end call? These might impact how the audio routing is saved.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    first, can't wait to try this one.
    Have you tested it with variations of ending calls? such as simply by flicking the app off the screen, or pressing end call? These might impact how the audio routing is saved.
    In my testing, I detected no difference between swiping the card away, ending the call, or using the Close on Hangup patch.

Also, everyone should be aware the patch files in post# 86 are more current than what popped up in Preware today.

With all the changes/additions, I may end up simply submitting a brand new patch with the mute option and the ability to set your own delay length, then leave the originals to die peacefully.

hey xanthinealkaloid i just sent you a PM, wondering what you think.
    Great patch idea, but I had a problem with my headset. It went straight to the back speaker until I pushed the button. I also had one issue with the speakerphone staying on while the phone was on my war. I'll try updating it and let you know if its any better.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    hey i installed this and its great but when i have it in speaker mode and the display goes off (not because of the proximity sensor but because of the default screen off timer) it goes back to normal!
    its a great patch but it sux that i have to press a key to have the screen on and have the speaker on....anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    hey i installed this and its great but when i have it in speaker mode and the display goes off (not because of the proximity sensor but because of the default screen off timer) it goes back to normal!
    its a great patch but it sux that i have to press a key to have the screen on and have the speaker on....anyone else having this problem?
    the patch from preware doesnt work great but the one from here (in this thread) does; but i prefer the delayed one
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

10.    #110  
    I'm working on how I want to submit the update right now...I may simply update what's in Preware, then submit the mute control version as dependent on those.

The user-controlled delay length is not going well because the phone prefs are technically a separate app...It makes it more difficult to execute the option.

Don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I have the Preware delayed version and when I picked up a phone call off of the Touchstone charger it automatically went to speaker. I put the phone to my ear and it still remained on speaker.

I panicked since I was at work and quickly hung up the call. I'll test again and let you know if I can reproduce it.

Great patch regardless! Thanks.
    Instant version via preware, working great!! thank you!!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by FixtSux View Post
    Don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I have the Preware delayed version and when I picked up a phone call off of the Touchstone charger it automatically went to speaker. I put the phone to my ear and it still remained on speaker.

I panicked since I was at work and quickly hung up the call. I'll test again and let you know if I can reproduce it.

Great patch regardless! Thanks.
    The Preware versions aren't the most current version as of now...You should try your preferred version from post# 86.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Hot diggity dog, this is simple yet just freakin' brilliant! Quite possibly *the* archetypal example of why homebrew is a good thing! Thank you!
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Using the most recent instant mute patch, 1.4.1.1 Verizon, I am definitely having problems with it randomly going to speaker. I have confirmed by listening to voicemail and putting my finger over prox sensor. The screen will stay off but it will randomly go to speaker and I have to move my finger away and then back again to get it through the front.

I have also had times where it's in speaker and I'm using the phone for messaging or some other app and the screen goes off and audio goes to front. I think this is just from a shadow of my finger going over the prox sensor, but I'm not sure...

This is still one of my favorite patches though!
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    xan I am having the same problem. when the screen times out the speaker turns off. Never noticed it before because I have always been on my bluetooth. Is there a fix for this or does the black screen signify the same thing as the proximity sensor?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    xan I am having the same problem. when the screen times out the speaker turns off. Never noticed it before because I have always been on my bluetooth. Is there a fix for this or does the black screen signify the same thing as the proximity sensor?
    Are you using one of the versions from post# 86?...If not, you'll have to uninstall what your using and reinstall one of those.

yes I am using the one from post 86 change-audio-with-prox-sensor-instant-mute.patch
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I am using the latest version of the Patch and it has been FLAWLESS in managing the speakers, but there is almost always a catch. I have Govnah and the UberKernal installed and this patch breaks the screenstate speed switching associated with Govnah. I have Govnah set to 125mhz screen off, 800mhz screen on... That works great until I get a call with your patch activated(not complaining, just reporting). At that point Govnah goes to 500mhz and will not change its speed until I open govnah back up and apply a change.

Anyone else notice this issue?

BTW, I was your 1000th "thank"
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Using the most recent instant mute patch, 1.4.1.1 Verizon, I am definitely having problems with it randomly going to speaker. I have confirmed by listening to voicemail and putting my finger over prox sensor. The screen will stay off but it will randomly go to speaker and I have to move my finger away and then back again to get it through the front.
    I'm not sure what to do about this problem because I haven't been able to replicate it.