Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    It's still coming along…I'm pretty much done with newly reworked patches(all 4 versions), except I'm still having trouble on the incoming calls…I may have to simply institute a front speaker default, but I still have a few more options to try.

Just to update…Getting the correct audio route on an incoming call is still proving difficult, so it may have to be a simple default to the front speaker on incoming calls…Since the patch is supposed to be automatic, I'm not really excited about that option.

Anyhow, I'm going to continue working on a solution.

Just to update…Getting the correct audio route on an incoming call is still proving difficult, so it may have to be a simple default to the front speaker on incoming calls…Since the patch is supposed to be automatic, I'm not really excited about that option.

Anyhow, I'm going to continue working on a solution.

Setting to front_speaker in the cleanup function as a temporary solution has been working fine for me for a couple of days now. I think I actually prefer it not switching to speaker phone until I take the phone away from my ear the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Setting to front_speaker in the cleanup function as a temporary solution has been working fine for me for a couple of days now. I think I actually prefer it not switching to speaker phone until I take the phone away from my ear the first time.
    when i used the patch i loved the part when i received a call and didnt put the phone to my ear so it would automatically go to speaker, sucks that its taking long to configure that but i dont mind waiting for it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    when i used the patch i loved the part when i received a call and didnt put the phone to my ear so it would automatically go to speaker, sucks that its taking long to configure that but i dont mind waiting for it
    Agreed…It's been a PITA, but I'm hoping the result will be worth it.

Agreed…It's been a PITA, but I'm hoping the result will be worth it.

i hope so too... i love the patch but decided to take it off bc the beginning audio route has a mind of its own and i look like a ****** when i take a call and i put it to my ear and its on speaker phone so ill just wait for the perfect update
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

6.    #86  
    This patch switches between the front and back speaker as the display is turned on & off by the proximity sensor with alternate versions available to enable/disable the feature using the mute/ringer switch.

4 versions will now be available:

• INSTANT - immediately changes the audio route when the display is turned on or off + alternate with mute/ringer option
    • DELAYED - a 2 second delay is observed before the audio route is changed from front to back only; the back to front will change immediately + alternate with mute/ringer option

No adjustable version will be available yet.

Please see post# 133 for the most current patch files for all versions and complete details.

As always, enjoy!

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 05/16/2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: patch files updated & moved
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    If it's not too much trouble could you make a half second or 1 sec delay? instead of a full 2 secs. that way when you go to hang up the phone, you don't hear everyones jabber on the other side................if it helps you can just tell me where to edit it, and i can edit the patch myself. i took a quick look, but didn't know where to find the delay time.

BTW..love the patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I agree with Hernie, I would like a smaller delay. I'm using the instant cause the 2 second is too long but would like to use a slight delay. Great patch and if this is too much don't worry about it, I'll take what I can, thanks.
    Feel free to change the delay time as you wish.

The only value you need to change is in either line 47(basic) or 78(mute), as shown below.
    Code:
    this.audioDelayTimer =  this.controller.window.setTimeout(this.changeAudioRoute.bind(this), 2250);
    xan for my clarification will the back speaker not work with the mute button on at all?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    xan for my clarification will the back speaker not work with the mute button on at all?

No prob at all...If the mute switch is on, the on-screen audio route button will function as usual.

Actually, the same is true if the mute switch is off...It's just not as meaningful, since it will get overridden with a display off/on cycle.

Thanks for asking.

how do I get it via preware?
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    how do I get it via preware?
    It's not in Preware yet.

12.    #92  
    I decided to repost the mute versions of the patch files in post# 86 because I figured out a neat way to consolidate the 2 functions related to the ringer switch.

Since the operation of the patch is exactly the same, you're really don't need to update unless you really feel like it.

Just to clarify, any version installed prior to post# 86 still needs to be reinstalled.

I have my screen to turn off after 2 minutes and I was talking on the phone with the speaker enabled from this patch and after 2 minutes of talking, display went off and automatically went to front speaker
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

14.    #94  
    I have my screen to turn off after 2 minutes and I was talking on the phone with the speaker enabled from this patch and after 2 minutes of talking, display went off and automatically went to front speaker
    Duh…I forgot to take off my patch that blocks the display from going off when I have a foreground app while I was testing, so I didn't notice the issue.

It's an easy fix though…I've tested new fixed versions which I have reposted in post# 86.

I hopefully that should take care of all the bugs now…My apologies for the oversight.

this patch failed on me twice in the same call...my phone was on my ear and call went to speaker phone twice I took it off my face fast and the display was off so its not the proximity sensor
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

16.    #96  
    this patch failed on me twice in the same call...my phone was on my ear and call went to speaker phone twice I took it off my face fast and the display was off so its not the proximity sensor

Which version?...How long was it before/between occurrences?

I have tested the patch on a 60 min controlled call with the prox sensor covered the whole time and a calendar event setup to trigger during the call with no lapse to the back speaker.

I can only speculate the cause was the prox sensor somehow became uncovered, i.e. too far away your ear, during the call...If this was the case, you may be better off using the delayed version...The only other possibility I can think of would be if you have some other app/patch causing the system to think there was a displayOn event which is the only thing which causes the audio to route to the back speaker when the screen is off.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Which version?...How long was it before/between occurrences?

I have tested the patch on a 60 min controlled call with the prox sensor covered the whole time and a calendar event setup to trigger during the call with no lapse to the back speaker.

I can only speculate the cause was the prox sensor somehow became uncovered, i.e. too far away your ear, during the call...If this was the case, you may be better off using the delayed version...The only other possibility I can think of would be if you have some other app/patch causing the system to think there was a displayOn event which is the only thing which causes the audio to route to the back speaker when the screen is off.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

the latest version, maybe 5-10 seconds and I wouldn't know which patch from the 60 something that I have would mess it up lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

18.    #98  
    the latest version, maybe 5-10 seconds and I wouldn't know which patch from the 60 something that I have would mess it up lol
    Was it the delayed or instant?...The patch/app issue would really be a longshot anyway.

Was it the delayed or instant?...The patch/app issue would really be a longshot anyway.

instant
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

20.    #100  
    instant
    Hopefully, someone else will make a report of the experience.

For now, I'm going to have to assume it's due to prox sensor becoming uncovered momentarily...You may want to try the delayed version.

Your report could be useful though because I should probably add a split second delay to the instant version before I submit to Preware to prevent what you've experienced.